Pro Wrestling
  • Dogfingers wrote:
    I do fear the idea of Bryan fighting HHH. Since his return in 2002 the only person he's managed to make look good is Benoit. He spent all of last year making Brock Lesnar look shit, it speaks volumes that Punk made him look like a killing machine.

Apparently the original direction is to run the McMahon family angle which will lead to a split with HHH turning heel which will then build to a HHH - Vince feud around the time of the Rumble which will then culminate with a match for control of the company at Wrestlemania, this was also to involve Austin returning for a one off Mania match to save the WWE and return it to Vince, (as its unlikely at this point that Rock will wrestle next year). However nobody bothered asking Austin and I think he's stated that if he were to ever return for a one off match he'd want it to be against CM Punk.

The Bryan stuff is secondary, they just needed another strong babyface to carry the brand until the Rumble whilst Cena is out getting surgery for his (dubiously injured) Tricep.
  • Dogfingers wrote:
    I do fear the idea of Bryan fighting HHH. Since his return in 2002 the only person he's managed to make look good is Benoit. He spent all of last year making Brock Lesnar look shit, it speaks volumes that Punk made him look like a killing machine.

I don't think he will fight HHH directly.

Though if he does... I would love them to bring back Evolution, and in response Bryan reforms Nexus as a face team. Obviously not the full Nexus. But have Wade Barrett decide that the McMahons went too far and align himself with Bryan, and have David Otunga come in as an opposite of sorts for Flair (talks, doesn't wrestle, but takes bumps).

They try and convince Ryback to join them, and they have a will he, won't he before he shockingly joins Evolution instead. In response, Darren Young and Titus O'Neil join Nexus. This lets us have a Survivor Series rules match between the two lots.
  • Face factions are fucking awful. Besides, that's only diluting Bryan, he doesn't need others and the while point is that he wants to succeed by himself, on his own merit.
  • It's less a faction and more a bunch of guys deciding not to be stupid. As Heyman points out, heroes are stupid. They always go into situations outnumbered and consequently look like morons.
  • There should always a place for factions, managers and all the other old rasslin' stuff as long as its booked properly.
  • Last couple Austin show eps with Ric Flair have been just so goddamn endearing. Love all the shoptalk.
  • Was out with my mate last night and met a guy who wrestles for this company - http://www.luchabritannia.com/
    We're going to watch it on the 13th in Bethnal Green, anyone else wanna go?
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Gah, the Big Show has an IRON CLAD contract. The crowd all remember this. Punch everyone in the face. THEY CAN'T FIRE YOU!
  • Texting a girl that I recently met and something auto corrected to 'RVD'. Fucksake.
  • mk64 wrote:
    Was out with my mate last night and met a guy who wrestles for this company - http://www.luchabritannia.com/ We're going to watch it on the 13th in Bethnal Green, anyone else wanna go?

Not even prowrestling is safe from this olde-timey fucking Dresden Dolls shit.

Luchadorism is no bad thing but not this way.
  • Clicked on that link, and now wishing that I had not. Do not watch the video, I implore you.

For all Steven Fludders faults, PCW is not that at least.
  • Some awesome stuff for those who haven't seen this nxt fight, highlights in the last few minutes include

A)cesaro super pledging zayn while zayn is on the apron
    B)zayn tornado DDT through the ropes
    C)zayn tries a tornado DDT from the top rope but cesaro uses the sheer power of his neck muscles to no sell it, then he dead lifts and throws zayn around like he is filled with bean bag stuffing, it made me feel like a little kid again!

When you got movies like Tom Cruise in them, you can't lose
  • I've seen it, absolutely unbelievable finish.
  • Heard about it, first time I've seen it. Brilliant stuff. Really think Generico should havethe mask again though. He was over with it, and could be within WWE. Much more charisma than Sin Cara.
  • He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • I was watching smackdown this week and they showed highlights from raw. That big show crying stuff was pretty shite.
  • the majority of RAW was shite this week. You can only toy with your babyface for so long before he starts looking like a idiotic tool.
  • Unless they are doing something really clever, Big Show shouldn't be in tears, he should be punching anything that moves. He's flat broke you say? Punch Steph. If they fire him he earns millions. They can't "tear it up", all they can do is pay him off. The amount is allegedly so high that Vince would baulk at signing off on it. So he either keeps his job, or is set for life. Honesty, this isn't hard
  • They're either building towards that massive face pop when he finally gets sick of it and lays out Trips (which is the right way to go) or yet another heel turn.

Show running around punching everything that moves would get him over but not the angle, it'd make HHH, Orton and Bryan all weaker by comparison.
  • I'm going to get this for my wall.

PCL_ProWrestlers_Zoom3.jpg
  • So Jim Ross has retired and if the rumours are true he was forced out over the 2k sports press event incident.

I think I'm done with the WWE.
  • ?? for those who have no idea what that means?
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Here

2K were of course mortified by Flair going off script. Oh no wait, they absolutely loved it.
  • Maybe Ross has just had enough.
  • Hulka T wrote:
    Maybe Ross has just had enough.

Seems unlikely, when I saw him in Manchester the other week he said how much he was enjoying working with developmental at the moment and that he wouldn't consider retiring for a good few years.

mk64 wrote:
    ?? for those who have no idea what that means?
    Heres the full symposium that caused all the trouble, basically JR got the flack for things getting out of hand (despite the fact that everybody not directly involved with the management of WWE pretty much loved it).

Ric Flair himself had been scheduled for a few WWE related activities over the weekend as well, but was dropped completely from everything after the symposium.

Its around the 42 minute mark that things begin to go off message.

• Yea it's a bit out of hand. Why was it live?

Surely not jrs fault

King of the ring ftw
  • I watched the whole thing and JR is comedian level good.

Anyone watching tonight? I'm downloading as it looks like predictable filler shit to me
  • I might get it since I'm off and still up, it does look very average though.
  • He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!