Pro Wrestling

• I watch wrestling for stuff like this.  Give this man his belt.
  • Massive rant: It has been absolute garbage in recent months. So Batistas back as a massive face and likely in the main event of WM. First thing he does is hug HHH and Stpehanie. A couple who in recent months have legitimately screwed the most over face in the company of the WWE title 3 times and forced the 7ft Big Show to punch a 70 year old man in the face. If that's not backwards enough Randy Orton - who punched Cenas dad in the face last week - gets berated by Steph and Hunter and ends up looking like a cool anti-authority figure. While Steph and Hunter are getting cheered by the stupid crowd despite clearly fucking with CM Punk for the past few months. This is a mess.

Onto the Bryan thing, 3 PPV's worth of losing, being called a troll, being told he was no champion, being told he wasn't good enough to step into the ring with hunter. The payoff for those who bought those PPV's and expected him to get redemption at wrestlemania? Nah not even in the rumble.

Onto the Rumble, one person has said they want to win it and that's batista. Nobody else has even mentioned it making it the most predictable one since HHH won. How are we supposed to buy into this when they haven't even presented it like everyone wants to win? Even Punk hasn't mentioned going to main event wrestlemania.

The last scene of Wrestlemania 30 needs to be Bryan holding the title with 70000 people doing the Yes thing. The rumble is the last chance they have to get this right, I still think he may be in it. If this doesn't happen I think I'm done with this. Ive poured money into this thing since 1996 and not to have a payoff when someone is clearly over is frustrating the hell out of me. This is also my last live attendance of Wrestlemania this year and I'll be extremely unhappy if for the 2nd year in a row I leave completely deflated.

I hope I'm wrong about all this of course.
  • I do wonder if the belts will be ununified (or whatever the correct word for that is) before Wrestlemania since there seems to be too many main event players at the moment?  Bryan's promo on Raw suggested he wasn't going to be in the Rumble, although he didn't outright say it.  I don't get why they'd pull the plug on the heel turn so soon if they haven't got big things planned for him. 

Agree re: the Authority thing.  Was also bizarre seeing Steph go off at Kane about laying his hands on Punk.  How did Orton win the belt against Bryan again?  And Steph slapping Big Show in the face making him cry etc.  Never mind the fact that Kane is in the authority in the first place after being kidnapped by the Wyatt's and then showing up in a suit a couple of months later and no one mentioning anything.

Also - Big Show KO's Colter and it is hilarious on the same show as the Cena Sr incident, which is not hilarious.

Must admit though I did laugh at the Real Americans wheelchair antics though, with Colter rolling down the ramp and later Cesaro cowering behind him during the match.
  • Aye, got the preshow up already, just waiting!
  • You staying up for the whole thing? I'm smashing an energy drink as we speak, I normally have people round for the Rumble but no one can make it this year.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Is the rumble match first up? Might stream it.
    Metroid Prime 4 is a reality let that sink in
  • It'll be last, probably starting at 3am, just play DkS until then!
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Might well do, will bung a stream on the laptop in the background.
  • TheDJR wrote:
    You staying up for the whole thing? I'm smashing an energy drink as we speak, I normally have people round for the Rumble but no one can make it this year.

Aye, had an energy drink myself. Got people round, doing a pool. Got 2, 4, 15, 25 and 28.

I am excite!
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Got a nice stream, that'll do me. Gonna slowly get pissed and enjoy, sacked DkS off and its time to be 10 all over again.
  • I'm by myself and have chilli, nachos, hot dogs, jerky and popcorn.
  • D Bry is your boy, what you think of how over he is?
  • It's hard to imagine anyone could be more over at the moment, I think the concussion was a work and he's gonna win tonight.
  • Hope you aren't betting on this then!

Pretty sure Bryan is dead.
  • Nah I'm not, what a match.
  • We apparently used up all the good match quota with Bryan.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Chair shots, woo! Exciting!
  • We apparently used up all the good match quota with Bryan.

Brock was good too. This is awful as expected.

• Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    This crowd is harsh.
  • No, fair.

Seriously, the biggest pop of the title match is the interference. WTF?
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I dunno, maybe its mixed up memories but I remember a lot of dross being on in every era I've watched it (Well, 1989/90 to about 2000 and with waning interest since then) and the crowd would at least respect the fact these guys are putting their body on the line (sure, boos a-plenty in the big matches, Hogan and all that jazz). Its just so full of cynicism, reading through various forum wrestling threads. I know its the internet and that but fucking hell. I know wrestling has been quite poor for a good while but come on.

It seems like a fair few watch it just to get pissed off, including, seemingly, a fair few of the crowds these days. They've paid money, aye, but go with it, get immersed instead of Bryan shouts every five fucking minutes.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapey
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Did Wall's ever make a Feast sandwich? Whatever they were, they were bloody gorgeous. I even enjoyed Lawler's foot-kiss match with Hart 'cause o' them babies.

Oh, look - here comes Yankem. Time for me Feast bar.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    NASH!!!!!
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Okay I'm with the crowd now :D
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    4NsB6ea.gif
  • lol DS, that's perfect.
  • Lol.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
  • I'm done, fuck them for that. You might wanna spoiler that for people watching later.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!