Pro Wrestling
  • Oh fuck yes - Hey!
    SFV - reddave360
  • So I read thoughts that strowman killed reigns and that reigns will come back as the new undertaker.

Any possibility in that?
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Doubt it. The Undertaker is an objectively silly gimmick. It was entirely down to Mark Calaway that it got over, and only was accepted in later years because Taker was already a legend by then. If it had never existed and was tried now, it would likely fall flat on it's arse.

Although if you really did want Reigns to become the biggest heel in history, him pretending to be The Undertaker would work.
  • Can you imagine the boos for that gimmick? Holy shit, if Vince really wants to troll the fanbase, that would be the way to go. I think it would flop so bad it wouldn't be heel heat, it would be simply this is shit heat.
    SFV - reddave360
  • people saying that roman has a limited move set so it's possible
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • mk64 wrote:
    So I read thoughts that strowman killed reigns and that reigns will come back as the new undertaker.

Any possibility in that?

lol

• The only way I could see it working is if they play it as a proper heel turn with reigns bragging that he now has the power of the undertaker and at some point taker returns to get his win back. That might work.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Doubt it. The Undertaker is an objectively silly gimmick. It was entirely down to Mark Calaway that it got over, and only was accepted in later years because Taker was already a legend by then. If it had never existed and was tried now, it would likely fall flat on it's arse.

Although if you really did want Reigns to become the biggest heel in history, him pretending to be The Undertaker would work.

I think you have to give Paul bearer a lot of credit too (the whole Kane stuff was great)
  • Oh definitely, not to diminish his role, but even with Brother Love, people got into it. Bearer is also someone who was uniquely qualified for that role.

Still a shame it went to Reigns, and we didn't get the Spooky Dudes match, that would have been fucking awesome.
  • Loving the Titus Brand infomercial.
  • Best raw in ages

Jerichos promo was hilarious
    Finale was epic

• I'm clearly far too jaded.

Have you seen Smackdown yet?
  • Not yet. Tomorrow.

Also forgot I liked Finn Balor. He looked more like a champ on entry this week albeit to short a match.
  • smackdown was ok, charlotte had to win though. I think the AJ and KO feud will be good. The 6 man was good, interesting angle they played with Jinder. Wil they let him win it? Can't see it happening but hey - he's make a killer heel after all this race card jazz. 

Quote of the show
    "put down your hotdogs" KO speaking to the crowd when insulting them about being American
  • raw was really good this week

Best part of the show was the Ambrose Y2J dialogue both with the miz and then backstage when they carried on the jacket bants and of course my fav segment, the list. Loved the unlisting / relisting bit. Had me in stitches. 

Really starting to like Finn Balor and Nakamura. Womens division has taken a notable nose dive now that the Queen has left. 

Dumper match was predictable but good never the less.
  • Give Bliss a chance. Emma will improve things too when she gets back in the ring.
  • The problem with bliss is that she plays with her hair and flirts etc and basically I just want to fuck her. She's to sexy to be credible if she's playing on it.

Smackdown wasn't as good as raw (for the first time in a while). Enjoyed the 6 man tag. The tag team race was weird and the commentators didn't really get involved.

KO is growing on me when he rips the commentators.
  • Payback was fun, all the good guys one :) I thought jericho was going Dante? How come they've given him the belt back? 

Bliss looked better than usual (in the ring). 

Enjoyed the tag match but not as much as Roman and Braun. That was brilliant. 

Neville is a brilliant heel too
  • That house of horrors match though...
    SFV - reddave360
  • mk64 wrote:
     I thought jericho was going Dante? How come they've given him the belt back?

Not sure. Him winning makes more sense for storyline. But he's playing shows for the next 3 Smackdowns after this. So either, he will drop it tonight, or they are happy for him to hold a belt and not be there for the next 3 weeks.

It's not a good look for me to have 2 champions fucking off, but maybe it's what they are doing. He would be free for Extreme Rules, so if he's still champion he could defend then.
  • House of horrors was dreadful
  • Yes. As usual none of it made sense. It was brilliant if you like complete and utter nonsense, so Vince was probably brought to orgasm.
  • None of it made any sense. It was bafflingly cringey.

Is wyhatt even a good wrestler though? I liked the ring gimmick at wrestle mania. Stick with that shit.
  • Yes, he's fucking amazing, but Vince doesn't get the character or why it got over, hence all this bullshit.
  • Yes, he's fucking amazing, but Vince doesn't get the character or why it got over, hence all this bullshit.

Wyatt is a guy who needs to be let actually wrestler. Give him a bit of a vicious edge, but otherwise they just need to cut back on the bullshit. Also, he needs some clean wins. I'm amazed he is as over as he is given how every feud ends with him starring at the lights conclusively. I fear WWE are missing out on a real good star with the way they book him. The elimination chamber was about the only time they really booked him strong as an actual wrestler and I think it's been the best part of his run.
    SFV - reddave360
  • ive not seen him win in ages
  • It's pretty desperate alright. He had the elimination chamber win and a good showing in the 2016 rumble but that's been it. Otherwise, he gets pushed by commentators as a killer but in the actual matches he gets butchered. Look at mania - in 2015 he was takers victim to get the win back after Lesnar, in 2016 he was fed to the rock along with the rest of the Wyatt and in 2017 he looked poor against Randy (and I mean by way of offence he was allowed to get in). Guy has bags of charisma and the crowd are eager to see him do well as a heel or face ( see end of elimination chamber match). He should have got the rumble win this year. He needs to be booked as a killer and ditch the over the top bollocks.
    SFV - reddave360
  • He also moves really well for a big man
  • I dont think he moves well for a big man
  • You've not been watching him then.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!