Pro Wrestling
  • also rumours of a womens rumble next year. Thats fresh.
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • They'll probably have fandango win it or some garbage.
  • ellsworth will probably win the womens rumble
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • liked great balls of fire

Braun and Roman was good. Brock and Joe was great.
  • Brock and Joe didn't quite do it for me. I wanted a bit more from Brock, perhaps a takedown or two, a bit more wrestling.

Interesting to see how things shake out on Raw from this PPV, should see everyone except Roman, who has presumably been arrested for attempted murder.
  • There's a part of me that think the two minute match v Goldberg was just so he could do fuck all that night. That guy gets basically paid by the minute.
  • But it was the best 2 minutes of mania.
    SFV - reddave360
  • RedDave2 wrote:
    But it was the best worst 2 minutes of mania.
  • RedDave2 wrote:
    But it was the best worst 2 minutes of mania.

Seriously, I thought it was the only match that felt big. The ladder match was a better match, and the women's match too. But for sheer 'this is mania, Goldberg Lesnar was tip top. And it was only 5 moves - spear, suplex, f5, jackhammer, leapfrog. And crowd was super hot which always helps.

SFV - reddave360
  • RedDave2 wrote:
    And it was only 5 moves - spear, suplex, f5, jackhammer, leapfrog.

Exactly.

WrestleMania 33 was awful. This was the worst part.
  • Tomorrow is Wrestling's Christmas season in the form of G1 climax. The tournament is the 27th annual NJPW tournament where the winner gets a title shot at the champ at their 'Wrestlemania' Wrestle Kingdom XII in January (which I'm attending). 17 PPV's over the space of the month. 7 of them have English commentary. It's a league format. Two blocks, every wrestler in each block faces each other, 2 points for a win, one for a draw, zero for a loss. The winners of each block face each other in the grand-finals.

DDPcGqKUIAAHlF0.jpg

DDPcxgOV0AAW2WV.jpg

Here's some of the better video packages for wrestlers 'pledge':

It's very exciting and is usually the best month of wrestling in the year. I believe the first night tomorrow is free on NJPWworld.
  • battleground was fucking awesome!
  • mk64 wrote:
    battleground was fucking awesome!

Sarcasm? Haven't watched it but by many accounts a middle to low quality card.

SFV - reddave360
  • Parts of it were. The flag match and the Punjabi Prison were as utterly atrocious as expected. Perhaps dragged down even more by
    Spoiler:

Still, KO-AJ, despite the weird finish, 5 way elimination and tag match were awesome.
  • Ah, might give it a gander so. I was lead to believe that the end to aj/Owens really took the wind out of that and the tag match was the only real highlight.
    SFV - reddave360
  • The end is weird. I still don't know what they were going for. But the rest of the match is a joy.

The tag match is an all timer.
  • It ranged from tragic to underwhelming bar the tag match. Watch G1.
  • I loved it, thought the punjabi match was great. As nail biting up to the end as hogan bossman steel cage. 

Started well and carried on imo, what are all of the gripes you've got? 

AJ vs KO was epic. 

Finn B is also brilliant, really good addition to the roster. 

I'm disappointed that summer slam has turned into a four way. Too many ways out for cheap endings. Almost guarantees it. I assume it sets up WM for Brock vs Strowman.
  • My gripes are "the entirety of the match".

It's the stupidest match ever. From the 4 doors that can open only for 60 seconds, to the fact that the second cage is so close you can literally step over to it rendering the 2 cages pointless, that Randy Orton could clearly fit through the gaps in the cage and just didn't bother, to bringing back the fucking Great Khali, to the inability to see anything going on.

It was utterly dreadful, and managed to be even worse than expectations.
  • surely you have to suspend your belief as much as you do with the rest of it?!

Isn't it the same set up as last time? In which case it's the set up the match than the match itself? 

It did make me wonder why people were climbing up the inside when one door was still to be opened.. but then I wondered if the advantage was as you pointed out that you could step from the inner to the outer. 

when khali shook the cage orton nearly fell off! 

It was the worst match of the night but the others were great! 

I hear Jericho is making a return :)
  • You'll want to watch Smackdown this week.

AFIK the cages are the same - but previously it's been Taker, Big Show and Khali involved. I've no doubt they couldn't get through.

The problem with suspending disbelief is they shattered it themselves by having one of the Singh brothers slip through it, showing it's perfectly possible, then had Khali drop Orton through partway and hang him from it.
  • yeah but the rule is they've got to over the top not through it..
  • mk64 wrote:
    yeah but the rule is they've got to over the top not through it..
    “The interior structure boasts four doors, each of which is attended by a referee. When a Superstar calls for the door to be opened, they have one minute to walk through it and into the outer structure. If they don’t make it through in time, the door is shut and locked for good. If a Superstar fails to make it through all four of the doors in the allotted time, they must climb out of the inner structure. It makes for good practice, as the only way to escape the outer ring is to climb up and over it. The first Superstar whose feet touches the ground wins the match”

Like the steel cage, doesn't matter how you get out, two feet on the floor is what counts.
  • wow, loved the final match in SD last week. 

Really wanted Jericho to take it to KO though which he didn't.
  • Yep, it was a cracker, though with those 3 men, would you expect anything else?

Wonder what the plan is for Jericho from here. Everything he's touched has been gold. Maybe get him into a feud with Corbin to lift him up in time for the cash in?
  • good idea, corbin isn't really going anywhere atm
  • so how do we all feel about summer slam?
  • I want Samoa joe to win. Anything else is a disappointment.
  • why?
  • also who had their entrance first out of becky lynch and aj styles?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!