Pro Wrestling
  • How do you fuck this up?

• what do you mean?
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • He's shite now. Just another fucking cog in the machine. Not that cool motherfucker with tons of confidence and a massive crown.
  • The WWE effect.

Remember, it doesn't last forever.
  • The WWE effect.

Remember, it doesn't last forever.

Ah Well, we'll always have the nxt debut.

I'm no njpw fan but Shinsuke was one guy I would have hype for. Sad waste of an asset. It highlights a big problem with the nxt system. Triple h (or whomever) may have a great eye for talent but they will still have to go through the main roster filter, and whether that's Vince or the just plain terrible writing system it has yet to build on just about anyone that has come up.

SFV - reddave360
  • surely he's just unlucky that there are other wrestlers like braun strowman who are currently a bigger draw due to his physicality?

I think how they've pushed enzo is pretty good
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • They are on separate brands so he shouldn't even be a factor.

They massively dropped the ball with Nakamura. He had huge buzz going into NXT, and how they used him there ensured that they were able to replicate that again going onto Smackdown. Since then they've wasted him. He's just sort of there. He's not alone in being used awfully mind, there are a ton of people who they are dropping the ball with.
  • They wasted him the minute he had a ppv match and sold for about 70% of the match against Dolph Ziggler. Same as Askua against Emma. If they're not 8 foot tall vince wont book them as killers. It's fucking moronic.
  • Anyway fun stuff, lets do some awards:

Wrestler of the year: Kazuchika Okada
    Tag Team of the year: The Uso's
    Cruiserweight/Junior of the year: Hiromu Takahashi
    Woman of the year: Askua
    Match of the year: Kazuchika Okada vs Katsuoyri Shibata (Sakura Genesis)
    Most Improved: Juice Robinson
    Most underrated: Tama Tonga
    Character of the year: Tetsuya Naito
    Worst Wrestler of the year: Baron Corbin
    Worst Match: Bayley vs Alex Bliss (Kendo stick on a pole)

GO!
  • Wrestler of the year: AJ Styles
    Tag Team of the year: The Uso's
    Cruiserweight/Junior of the year: Enzo Amore
    Woman of the year: Charlotte
    Match of the year: AJ vs Brock or Roman Vs Taker
    Most Improved: Tozawa, Bobby Roode or Alisha Fox
    Most underrated: Elias
    Character of the year: Strowman 
    Worst Wrestler of the year: Baron Corbin or that guy who's got the losing streak :) 
    Worst Match: Jinder vs Sami Zayn
    Obviously though I only watch WWE
  • surely we also need best fued too?
  • Casual racism award...
    vykBuhi.png
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Oh good, time to bring these out again.

• Was Mabel a good wrestler?
  • mk64 wrote:
    Was Mabel a good wrestler?

This is a trap, right?
    SFV - reddave360
  • no.. his name came up on a site I was reading about records and then I had this vague memory of Mabel and Mo. I don't remember him well enough though
  • mk64 wrote:
    no.. his name came up on a site I was reading about records and then I had this vague memory of Mabel and Mo. I don't remember him well enough though

You might remember him better as Viscera / Big Daddy V? He was a poor big man wrestler, very limited. But worse, he had a rep for being reckless. His 'highlight' was the stinker summer slam main event against that other work horse Kevin Nash. For the WWF title no less.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Wrestler of the year: AJ Styles - Mr Consistent. Probably the best guy in the fed at the moment.

Tag Team of the year: The Uso's - great refresh and some great matches to go with it

Cruiserweight/Junior of the year: Neville - Good worker, had a good character going too. Will be missed.

Woman of the year: Alexa Bliss - Ok in ring, great on mic. Bailey feud aside, shes a good fit for her role.

Match of the year: NXT Three Way Tag Match from Orlando - I knew none of these teams and was gripped by it. 

Most Improved: Bron Stromon - who knew he would do so well (hint: me)

Most underrated: I dont watch enough but at a pinch, I never think the Miz gets enough credit or the push I think he deserves

Character of the year: Miz - consistant throughout, he's a heel that can do comedy and not get pops. Thats a skill. I loved the idea he might have built a firm around him with his Survivor Series crew but sadly that never came to be. Amazing rant at Bryan was awesome and his mocking of Cena leading up to mania was also strong. 

Worst Wrestler of the year: Wyatt - dont get me wrong, I'd love to see him get a good run BUT every feud he has is terrible and brings down the other wrestler in terms of stature. Randy, New Day, Finn all suffered feuding with this guy. Maybe not so much a worst wrestler as worst booked wrestler but he has yet to have a good match either.

Worst Match: That Bailey / Bliss match was a memorable stinker but I'd go for Randy v Wyatt at Mania
    SFV - reddave360
  • I was toying with Miz for best character and that Orton Wyatt for worst match. I agree with the reason for Bray as worst wrestler, though it's not really his fault, his booking just kills his opponents.
  • strowman has had some of the best moments in the year.. breaking the ring, breaking the cage, putting kane through the ring. dump truck.. list goes on for high impact madness. 

Also, anyone else know the maknamura has the highest win ratio of all of the current wwe roster?
  • Wrestler of the year: Kenny Omega

Tag Team of the year: The Usos

Cruiserweight/Junior of the year: Ricochet/Prince Puma

Woman of the year: Asuka

Match of the year: Okada vs Omega - G1 Climax

Most Improved: Braun Strowman

Most Underrated: The Miz

Character of the year: Pentagon Dark

Worst Wrestler of the year: Jinder Mahal

Worst Match: Orton vs Bray Wyatt - WrestleMania
  • if wrestlers aren't booked do they still get paid? How long do stars stick around if they're not getting the big matches or the title runs
  • Wrestler of the year: Neville. What a transformation. After months of apathy, it turned out injuring himself was the best thing that could have happened to his career. Coming back to win the Cruiserweight Title as a heel, and crowning himself the King of the Cruiserweights, it was exactly what he, and the Cruiserweight division needed. Consistently great matches with a variety of opponents, and some great character work.

Tag Team of the year: The Uso's. I really wanted to give this to The Revival, but I can't justify it with them having been out half the year injured. The Uso's have been on fire this year though, and are well deserved winners.

Cruiserweight/Junior of the year: Pete Dunne. The breakout star of the UK Championship tournament, he went on to win the title from Tyler Bate at Takeover: Chicago in what I very nearly put down for Match of the Year, as well as continuing to have great appearances for Progress and ICW.

Woman of the year: Asuka. I mean it's not even close for second place is it? The most dominant wrestler of the year, who put on some of the matches of the year, although Ember Moon certainly played her part in some of those.

Match of the year: The Undisputed Era v The Authors of Pain & Roderick Stong v Sanity (WarGames Match, NXT: Takeover WarGames). This is always one of the toughest to pick. There have been a bunch of stellar matches this year And I went back and forward on this before settling on Wargames. Successfully resurrecting what had been at times in the past a somewhat confusing and overlong match, this was just right all the way though. With the quality of those involved, this shouldn't come as a surprise. 

Most Improved: Braun Strowman. Where the fuck did this guy come from? Whilst he started taking off at the tail end of last year, it was post Rumble that he seemed to strap himself to a rocket. Frankly, he should have been the one to face Taker. Considering that a year prior, this was the worst guy in the Wyatt Family, that's a hell of an ascent.

Most underrated: The Miz. Why the fuck is The Miz only a one time World Champion? This guy oozes star quality, he has genuine mainstream appeal, and elevates everyone he works with. A fantastic worker, and the best person on the mic the company has. If you haven't seen the infamous Talking Smack promo, go and watch it now. Every day The Miz isn't World Champion is a day WWE are leaving money on the table.

Character of the year: The Fashion Police. It doesn't matter that they haven't wrestled all that much. Fashion Files has been a revelation. They've gone from being totally lost in the shuffle to the best characters in the company. It goes to show that if you give people time, and let them explose their gimmick, they can get seriously over.

Worst Wrestler of the year: Shane McMahon. I'm so over Shane. I would generally not put someone on here who has only had 3 matches all year, but fucking hell. Please just piss off and never come back. I never want you to step in the ring ever again. If you must have someone who wrestles regularly, Grado is always a bag of shit.

Worst Match: Randy Orton v Bray Wyatt (House of Horrors match, Payback 2017). I'm not against weird ass matches like this. But do them well. Have them make sense. This was neither of those.
  • the miz has really turned it around for me this year. And yea, make him champ. The Miz would've been such a better heel than Jinder. Tbh though the money they've made in India from Jinder must be astronomical. 

When/where can we see their financial results?
  • I also think KO has had a pretty bad year. His whiney baby type heel I dont think suits him as much as the cruel bully.
  • mk64 wrote:
    the miz has really turned it around for me this year. And yea, make him champ. The Miz would've been such a better heel than Jinder. Tbh though the money they've made in India from Jinder must be astronomical. 

When/where can we see their financial results?

They made fuck all from Jinder apparently, their India tour had to be changed from two shows to one because of lack of interest.
  • wow, so it was just a hype train? explains why he was dropped so quickly
  • Female rumble? thoughts?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!