Pro Wrestling
  • Night lads.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • g.man wrote:
    Nah, I don't mind that. It's all bullshit anyway. It was a botch though, because it really callled for some major smack talk, but Rousey just isn't up to that.
    Good idea, done badly.
    Certainly didn't sour the women's rumble tho, which was easily the best thing the WWE has put out in years.

Yeh that were quality.
  • Cracking rumble that. 

Kelly Kelly, 11 years on still hasn't learned to wrestle.

Michelle McCool holds the record for most eliminations in the Royal Rumble, two of them being Molly Holly and Vicky Guerrero. 2018 is weird.
  • Good work on the running commentary all!  Looks like WWE is getting another $9.99 out of me tonight.

Keen to check out last night's NXT too.
    When you got movies like Tom Cruise in them, you can't lose
  • so what happened in the three way championship match? Read all your comments about it being shit but no one said who won, presume brock retained? 

Will watch it tonight hopefully but what happened? Dont mind spoilers
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • mk64 wrote:
    so what happened in the three way championship match? Read all your comments about it being shit but no one said who won, presume brock retained? 

Will watch it tonight hopefully but what happened? Dont mind spoilers

Lots of tables got broke, they all looked like they were Nintendo labo tables or something.
    One in particular didn't break instantly and kane bounced on it before falling off as the table broke.
    Brock kept his title.
  • I really enjoyed the male and female rumbles. 

It's starting to grate that Braun hasn't just got a clean title shot against Brock at a Raw. What is the point of the elimination chamber? Glad Elias is in there. 

Elias is the best thing about WWE at the moment. 

Ronda looks interesting, will be interesting if she is independent like Cena or just goes to SD. Did Asuka actually say who she wants at Mania yet? 

Where's Joe? Won't he be in the elim chamber? 

New Matt Hardy isn't actually as bad as I first thought. But it just makes for yet ANOTHER fucking confusing bullshit weird promo-off with Bray. Bray needs to drop this sister abigail crap. 

It was also about time Carmella went in for the MITB cash in. Or it will be a year she's held it without challenging?!
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • She won it in June, so she has 5 months left.
  • I thought you had to cash in by Mania?
  • No, you have a year. Originally, the match was at Mania, so 12 months was Mania to Mania.
  • Annoyed me that she's got so much better recently, only for her to revert to acting like a twat when she got turfed out of the rumble. Behaving like that other woman who's gimmick is being a nutter. 

Also how do I see the schedule of this couples tag match thing? 

Also Miz calling out Finn on IG today was pricelss
  • Elias is gold. He's the best gimmick by a mile currently. Loved his promoe with Braun this week on raw. Was classic. 

The bar are getting really boring to watch, same every week..
  • anyone looking forward to fastlane or mania? Quiet in here lately but actually i think both RAW and SD have been pretty good of late. 

Strowman's being used well. Elias has the crowd. Roman is big dog. They're pushing both Balor and Rollins again. They're doing ok. They could do with giving other tagteams more life as the bar are fucking boring now. Looking forward to the usos and new day going at it again, brilliant promoe this week. 

Bobby, jinder and randy is great too. 

Charlotte is epic. Like the Nia and Asuka stuff. 

ALSO 50 MAN RUMBLE IN DUBAI!!!!!! WTH??
  • Oh wow - Daniel Bryan's been cleared to compete again!  Never thought that would happen.
    When you got movies like Tom Cruise in them, you can't lose
  • Daniel vs the miz for kicks
  • If that doesn't happen, we know for certain that Vince now has exactly the right amount of money.
  • anyone hyped for mania? I'm going to watch it live this year. i've taken the next day off. 

Can I subscribe to the wwe network thing through a sky box? or watch mania through that or do I have to hook my laptop up to the tv?
  • You can't watch it through a Sky Box, but you can do it on an Xbox or PlayStation.

Full list here: http://www.wwe.com/wwenetwork
  • Has the card been fully announced? I'm thinking this the line up:

Raw world title match - brock v reigns
    Smackdown world title match - styles vs shin
    Hhh and Steph vs angle and rouse
    Cena vs taker
    Bryan and Shane v Owens and sami
    Women's battle royal (name it after Trish Vince!)
    Andre battle royal
    3 way tag title match - bludgeon bros v new day v usos (this may become a tlc?)
    Raw womens title match Alexa bliss vs nia jax
    Smackdown women's title match Charlotte v asuka (is it me or is the women's matches mixed up? Nia v Charlotte and alexa v asuka makes more sense)
    3 way ic title match - balor v Rollins v mix
    3 way us title match - roode v Orton v jinda

That is a stacked card. And potentially some great matches too.
    SFV - reddave360
  • I'd prefer more one on ones as opposed to three ways. 

the 3 way tag match has huge potential. Thank god the bar aren't headlining. I'm bored of their routine. 

Also i've not seen raw/SD this week, is Taker definitely wrestling cena?
  • and where the hell has kane gone?
  • I think I would rather watch Cena wrestle literally anybody else but Taker. I'll take Elsworth. Christ, I'd take Cena-Flair as a number one contenders match for the title.

I can't see how the womens matches would make sense the other way round. Asuka and Charlotte are the top 2 women in the division, as presented by WWE and in the eyes of most fans. Alexa and Nia have had a long running storyline, whereas Nia has had nothing to do with Charlotte.

With all the multi-man matches it's got the potential to be a bit WrestleMania 2000, but at least all the top singles titles are straight one on one.
  • and where the hell has kane gone?

Raw, this week. I'd piss myself if Cena tried for Taker and ended up with Kane.

Full answer though, he's running for Mayor of Knox County.
  • Mania 2000 popped into my head as well. I'm not a fan of 3 way single matches (works for tags) so having 2 on the card is already a stretch.

In relation to the women's match, I'm coming from the point that's it heel v heel for alexas title and face v face for charlottes. Or have I got that wrong?

Also I don't think aska has been pushed well at all since coming up. She sells far too much. She should have been given an uber strong push, at least up to the mania match.
    SFV - reddave360
  • I'm guessing you've not been keeping up with Raw?
  • I thought asuka has been pushed quite alot. 

How's old Y2J getting on? I miss him, though Elias does help :)
  • and whats Braun going to be doing at mania?
  • Braun entered the Tag Team Battle Royale for the number 1 contenders spot and won it.
  • I'm guessing you've not been keeping up with Raw?

You would guess correct. I'm going off what I thought the layout was since rumble and the odd podcast.

Assumptions, never a good thing.

SFV - reddave360

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!