Rime
  • I don't think I've read a review that hasn't mentioned journey and ico
    The Forum Herald™
  • I'm liking 
    Spoiler:
    The Forum Herald™
  • I've also had to turn the brightness well up cos it's gotten pretty dark.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Level 3 finished.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Just finished the second part. Liking it overall. Always appreciate a game that leaves you alone to explore and has no text or speech. The environments are very nice, and so is the music.

However, the gameplay is perhaps a little simple. Platforming and puzzling could both do with being a bit tougher and more original, plus it's over zealous with check points to the point that dying has no impact.

Journey/Last Guardian/Witness comparisons are all valid IMO, but so far it doesn't have any outstanding feature like those games all do. It's still a very pleasant and enjoyable experience though.
  • I like that checkpointing is generous. It allows experimentation.

I was amazed how many collectibles I'd missed and I thought I'd been pretty thorough.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Yeah, I was looking at them in the extras menu. Already missed some, of course.
  • I finished part 3 last night and am a little the way through the next section.
    Overall I love the style. There is something quite unique in the art style. Special mention for the music in the third  level, its fantastic. The game is  not quite hitting all its marks though methinks.

For example:
    Spoiler:
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • I finished part 3 last night and am a little the way through the next section. Overall I love the style. There is something quite unique in the art style. Special mention for the music in the third  level, its fantastic. The game is  not quite hitting all its marks though methinks. For example:
    Spoiler:

Ah it worked for me.. it's so difficult to say much more without giving anything away.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Bob wrote:
    I finished part 3 last night and am a little the way through the next section. Overall I love the style. There is something quite unique in the art style. Special mention for the music in the third  level, its fantastic. The game is  not quite hitting all its marks though methinks. For example:
    Spoiler:
    Ah it worked for me.. it's so difficult to say much more without giving anything away.
    I see...Well ill probably wind up finishing it tonight hopefully :D
  • I'm not feeling this, it's very pretty but no Ico. I just did the 
    Spoiler:
  • Bob wrote:
    I finished part 3 last night and am a little the way through the next section. Overall I love the style. There is something quite unique in the art style. Special mention for the music in the third  level, its fantastic. The game is  not quite hitting all its marks though methinks. For example:
    Spoiler:
    Just did that part myself. Best section of the game so far. Still simple, but the level design is very nice, especially the thing that happens with the things.
    Spoiler:
  • I'm looking forward to post completion note swapping.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Rightio, I just finished this. Im curious as to what you guys think.
    Spoiler:
  • After you finish it:
    Spoiler:
  • I've only just put two and two together and realised that these guys also developed weird temporal murder mystery The Sexy Brutale, which released basically a few weeks ago. Apparently that's really good too, if people are enjoying this.
  • JonB wrote:
    After you finish it:
    Spoiler:

Yes. I'm assuming that was what Eurogamer where referring to as slightly over egged but I thought it was a nice touch.

I thought the level progression was lovely.. Such a variety.

For me it peaked at level 4.. but I didn't mind the
    Spoiler:
    The Forum Herald™
  • Tempy wrote:
    I've only just put two and two together and realised that these guys also developed weird temporal murder mystery The Sexy Brutale, which released basically a few weeks ago. Apparently that's really good too, if people are enjoying this.

Totally different kind of game, but I thought it looked good. It got panned when I posted the launch trailer in here.

They also developed Deadlight, which I'm sure was rated by a few here. Proving themselves to be a diverse studio.

It's published by the same folk that are publishing Dreadnought, for those who take interest in such things.
  • Tempy wrote:
    I've only just put two and two together and realised that these guys also developed weird temporal murder mystery The Sexy Brutale, which released basically a few weeks ago. Apparently that's really good too, if people are enjoying this.

Aren't they the publishers? I thought it was developed by ex Lionhead staff

Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Nope, Tequila Works are developers. They did work with Cavalier Games on Sexy Brutale though.
  • I know they're developers but they also published it .

From an interview on The Telegraph -

How long did development on The Sexy Brutale take?

We started prototyping ideas back in 2013, but it was only towards the end of that year that we actually pinned it all down into this precise game. In 2015 we signed a publishing and co-production deal with Tequila Works, whom we worked with until the game’s release in April 2017.

• Yeah I had no idea Cavalier worked on it until I googled the Sexy Brutale in response to your publisher question. I only heard of Tequila Works after watching a Super Bunnyhop Video yesterday, then when I was looking up Rime today I noticed the name. They still co-developed it, as your quote there says.
  • Either way it sounds great but will have to wait till backlog is cleared ( which will never happen)
  • @Jonb That was a nice touch. Number two helped explain things a little.
    @Bob Hmmm That bit left me totally cold. Meant nothing to me.
    Spoiler:
  • Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
  • I agree Jon!!
    Spoiler:
  • I need to play it again though, to see it from that perspective from the start.
  • Spoiler:
  • Just finished stage 1 again and had a proper look round this time. Got all the pickups and quite a few more trophies (including 2 in the final part - turning up the brightness was a big help).

Interesting bit in the cutscene at the end of the stage:
    Spoiler:

On to stage 2 next then, but that was my least favourite part of the game first time round.
  • This game is very nice.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!