Kids, and the stuff that they do
‹ Previous1234567305
  • We all love them, so tell us about yours here

Alex is growing up pretty fast, latest pic of him helping mummy clean the kitchen:

He amazes the wife's dad with his ability to turn on a PC, navigate to Cbeebies or Disney and play the games all on his own. Not only that, but if you ask him to turn the PC off, he closes down the individual windows and then opens the start menu and clicks Shutdown. He's not even 3 yet!

He's a right little bossy boots at the moment too. Tells people where they have to sit, and what they have to do. He's very much into the new Cbeebies show Tree Fu Tom, getting up and doing the dance moves that the show has, at times he grabs my hand and tells me that I have to do the dance too. Well, I say he tells me, he's still spouting his own brand of gibberish, bless him.

Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples
  • Nice one. I was going to start this thread once I had enough posts.

Keep that pic. There will be years to come where he'll refuse to help around the house at all. 
  • Do I want to be at work right now? :(image

Currently playing; Mario Maker and Clash Royale
  • Asking Imogen (my 2 1/2 year old) "what does Homer say?"

Results in the correct answer of "d'oh!"
    360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Sasukekun said:

He amazes the wife's dad with his ability to turn on a PC, navigate to Cbeebies or Disney and play the games all on his own. Not only that, but if you ask him to turn the PC off, he closes down the individual windows and then opens the start menu and clicks Shutdown. He's not even 3 yet!

I see many CIA security breaches in his future.
  • Got one coming in August. 

I may post pictures in this thread.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Elliot, 7 months now, stood up on his own for the first time yesterday. I was stunned. Walked into his room upon hearing him wake up and he had somehow pulled himself up and was stood grinning at me as I walked in.

Time to lower his cot methinks.

He still isn't crawling forwards, but has mastered backwards to a fine art. He's pretty nippy now.
    Hairlo?
  • Tree Fu Tom is like crack for toddlers. Never seen a programme like it. My 2 boys go nuts every time it's on. 
    Well worth showing to any hyperactive little uns if you need them to expend some energy.
  • Thread is, as ever, full of win.

oh, and congrats Deano

g.man
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Thanks, G.

I look forward to seeing how my liberal and hippy lifestyle transpose themselves to a child. 
  • I shudder to think.

:D

g.man
  • To be honest, it's turned me into a domesticated fool with the occasional bout of "I'm still cool, I can still snowboard, and go mountain biking, and go to clubs until 4AM while taking MDMA".

But instead I'm going snowboarding for a couple of hours before returning home and picking out stroller options over the internet before finishing the final touches to the nursery paint job.

The good news is that I was allowed to get a cleaner. So no more vacuuming for me.
  • Congrats.

The child, not the cleaner. Although that too.
  • Congrats.

The cleaner is basically the thing I'm most excited about, Larry. Thanks for your support. It's going to take this entire community to properly raise the kid.
  • Congratulations Google!

Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • google said:

Congrats.

The cleaner is basically the thing I'm most excited about, Larry. Thanks for your support. It's going to take this entire community to properly raise the kid.

Congrats indeed.

And...erm...this community raising a child by proxy over t'internet is truly a scary proposition!
  • Yup, congrats Google. Life will never be the same again for you – but in a good way!
  • google said:

Congrats.

Congrats indeed.

And...erm...this community raising a child by proxy over t'internet is truly a scary proposition!

Each week I will post a poll detailing certain actions for the kid.

What it eats. 

What it wears.

Where it goes to school.

Then you guys can vote on it.

GREAT IDEA!

(thanks for all the kind words, it's nice to hear)
  • The answer to 1) will always be 'A Ham'
  • Congrats Google.

The answer to 2 will always be "the opposite of what you want them to"
  • Well done Googs. Working man parts is always a cause for celebration.

• Nim on her first day of school.

She still loves ponies:

In her favourite princess dress, and her lovely new cowgirl boots:

Tired of mummy's photos for the grandparents, but still looking adorable :)

With her new sunglasses, which she'll now barely go anywhere without:

• Holy shit Elm! She's all grown up!

amaze

g.man
  • Was thinking exactly the same thing g!
  • Yup, proper little girl and everything :)

Being able to actually have a proper conversation with her on the drive home from school is astonishing.
  • cant wait to have a baby in the house - first one with my newest wife 
  • Congrats dean and revel.

Elm, she's cute! How has she adapted to the move?
    Currently playing; Mario Maker and Clash Royale
  • Congratulations Revel :-)
  • Congrats Revel
  • mk64 said:

Congrats dean and revel.

Elm, she's cute! How has she adapted to the move?

She's absolutely fine.  She vaguely knows that she lives in America now, she goes to a proper school 3 days a week in lieu of play school and is coming along in leaps and bounds.  She's ecstatic that we have a pool in the back garden, and in about 8 weeks she's gone from armbands to a float to a noodle thing to swimming to swimming underwater.  

Loads for her to do, and the sort of community we live in has a play park every 100 yards, and she seems perfectly content that nana & grandpa only appear on the computer to talk now.

• FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    So, Elliot can now crawl forwards. He has become a real handful overnight. He's really fast!

77e18cee.jpg

Took him around 25 minutes to work out how to open the cupboard that contains my Xbox, and 2 more to eject the disc and cover it in dribble.

8e92b95d.jpg

Ruh roh.
    Hairlo?
‹ Previous1234567305

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!