Kids, and the stuff that they do
  • Ahahaha, he's gorgeous mate!

oh, and congratulations Revel!

g.man
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • You need padlocks mate!
    Next thing you know he will be trying to put things in the xbox!
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • Wonderful pics Frantic.

The problem with padlocks and/or moving games/DVDs etc out of reach, is that if you take little'un elsewhere those things are likely to be well within reach.

With Baby (now toddler) Prime, we left everything where it was (even the door to my games room remains open), and have tried to teach her not to touch. It has worked pretty well.
    360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Sterling testicle work, chaps.

Kids are awesome, even though I don't ever want any. The missus' three year was introduced to the naughty step after not listening to her mam, cue her crying for two minutes. Take her off the naughty step, five minutes later shes actually asking to be put on it. Eventually got to the point where she'd put herself on the naughty step for no reason, cry for two straight minutes, then take herself off it as if nothing had happened. Also she's obsessed with burps, and farts, seemingly the most hilarious things in the world.
  • Good points, I will remember that in many years time!
  • You need padlocks mate! Next thing you know he will be trying to put things in the xbox!

Nim poured water all over our TV unit, which seeped into the Xbox.  Not nice....
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    My nephew threw a toy car and it hit the tv putting a big dent in the screen. Managed to convince my wife that we needed a nice new one, so it's not all bad.
    Hairlo?
  • Woah, this new image viewing thingummy is quite swanky.
  • I guess I could have posted that somewhere else but I'm here so shut up.
  • The forum is well swanky all in. Great work.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Looks like padlocks might be the way forward. Tried putting a cushion in front of the cupboard.

ba059474.jpg

Within a few minutes: 

9330f248.jpg

People warned me he'd be a handful when he could crawl, but nothing prepared me for this. He doesn't stop, it's mental.
    Hairlo?
  • If you shut him in the cupboard and put the XBox outside it, that would solve all your problems. 

You're welcome.
  • It might not solve all your problems actually.  Like if your car got stolen it wouldn't solve that problem.  Just so we're clear.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    It could work, but it's an electrical death trap in there so I'm reluctant to try.

Also, if I put the person that stole my car in the car, then put my car outside it, that might solve the problem.
    Hairlo?
  • I think there's a flaw in your plan.
  • Me and the missus had been trying for a kid for ages, so much so that I gave up hope. But she woke me up on Mothers Day to tell me she's got a scone in the oven and our first scan is on Friday. Extremely nervous and excited about the whole thing.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Congrats to you! 

Is it the 12 week scan or an early one? We had a few worries early on so had a scan at 8 weeks. The baby looked like a kidney bean.
    Hairlo?
  • Congratulations Plan_M. Hope the scan goes well.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    my gf is 17 weeks today.
    midwife were roundtoday and we got to hear the heart beat.
    aparently if its like a train its a boy and if its like a slow gallop its a girl....it were like a train but im still not sure of this theory.

we find out the sex on the 31st and il add my babys first scan picture later when i take it from my phone.

its exciting and scary for us both as its ten years since we both had a child (with other partners) and we have to re-learn everything.....also baby stuff is expensive!!!
    psn/steam:daviedigi

raziel once wrote..."davie's to nice for this forum"!
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    congrats dean, revel, plan m, and mark.
    psn/steam:daviedigi

raziel once wrote..."davie's to nice for this forum"!
  • Congrats to Plan M and Davie!

(not together though, obviously!)
  • Congrats Plan M.
    17 weeks eh Davie? You're just under halfway through. Better get the camera ready.
    Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples
  • Thanks guys :)

Frantic - its the 12 week one although we also had a 6 week scan because my wife thought there might have been a problem initially. They found the heartbeat though and everything was normal as far as 6 week scans go (the hospital couldn't take any measurements or give us an arrival date so it didn't feel like a proper scan to me). The biggy is this Friday though and I am extremely anxious about it.

Which reminds me. My wife doesn't want to tell friends and distant family until the first scan (12 week) is out of the way. Is this the norm? I have told my mum and brothers but that's it. How long did our resident B&B fathers wait to tell everyone?
  • Congrats Plan_M, Revel and Davie!

Plan_M, Elmlea and I told his parents at around 10 weeks, my parents at 16 weeks. We told Elm's parents a little earlier as I had a high risk pregnancy with Nim and we knew they'd be lovely and supportive.
  • The whole delay in telling people stems from the fact that up to a certain point miscarriage is a greater risk.
    We delayed telling most of the family when the wife was pregnant with Alex, thing is, we knew we needed to move so we went house hunting. Unfortunately the wife's daughter insisted on coming and sulked and moaned the entire time bitched about not wanting to move and couldn't understand why we were doing it, so, we had to tell her. Telling her meant we had to tell the wife's son too. So, we did. We explicitly told them not to tell anyone, stupidly, the son went and put it on Facebook. Bloody idiot. He removed it when we told him to, and he spent the next week having to vigorously deny it.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Yeh we waited until after the 12 week scan to tell anyone but very close family.

We were in and out of hospital for the first 20 weeks to be honest, because we thought there was a problem (bleeding). We felt like we were wasting the hospitals time but they were brilliant.

I wouldn't feel too anxious, it's pretty amazing seeing the little black and white potato you've grown...!
    Hairlo?
  • Kels and I waited until we'd had the 12 week scan, before we announced our news too (apart from to our parents, where we told them almost straight away).
  • That makes sense (regarding telling everyone). I'm learning so much stuff I never knew before about babies, it's all quite surreal but extremely exciting.

The wife is constantly happy. It's great.
  • Plan_M wrote:
    The wife is constantly happy. It's great.

Dayum you're lucky.
  • Yeah, wait until the contractions kick in!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!