Kids, and the stuff that they do
  • I'm watching My Little Pony right now.
  • My youngest is 6 now. I'll be looking to review the current crop of tv when the next one arrives :D
    Next scan on the 30th. Totally excited
    Mrs advised me that little one kicked her all last night. This is her first so she is beaming. :)
  • Elmlea wrote:
    Is that still going? I remember My Little Pony being around when I was a primary school.... which is a long time ago!

It's been REIMAGINED.

Rebooted? Or reshoed ?

• SHOD, not shoed.  Tsk.
  • Elmlea wrote:
    SHOD, not shoed.  Tsk.
    flip sake... I'm going back to the god thread. They aren't that tough there... :P

• I haven't been subjected to My Little Pony. I should imagine my son would love it, he's a bit of a girl!
    You really are fond of chatting with me, aren't you? If I didn't know better, I'd think you had feelings for me!
  • Sasukekun wrote:
    Cbeebies have two versions. One where he's a postman and another where he runs a special delivery service.

The Special Delivery Service that Pat runs has recently been privatised. Unfortunately, due to efficiency savings, Pat has been replaced by someone who doesn't require a helicopter to delivery one bloody parcel.

Re kids TV: Octonauts is full of win (don't listen to Sas on this one). Leo is 5 and knows the names of approximately 88% of all species in the seas because of it.

He is just starting to graduate from CBeebies to CBBC and has started watching "Roar" lots. It's not bad actually. They don't treat the kids like total fools and it doesn't shy away when the animals die (one of the Tapir's died recently)

Chloe is massively obsessed with "Woolly and Tig" (and she looks so much like the little girl in it, Tig, that it's uncanny). There are usually about 5 episodes on iPlayer and she'll just watch them again and again (it's only 5 mins long)
  • I was at the gym yesterday and the TV on the cross-trainer wouldn't change channel so I had to stare at a kids TV show about race cars.

It wasn't too bad! The actual racing was pretty good and it was narrated by Sir Sterling Moss!
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • Rory the Racing Car?

Has Peter Kay as the voice of Chris the Mechanic?
  • Yep thats the one!
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • My kids have firmly graduated to CBBC now.  As a result there is not an episode of Tracery bloody Beaker I haven't seen.  That said 4 o'clock Club is reasonably amusing in a "Flight of the Conchords for kids" style, and I genuinely look forward to being forced to watch the latest Horrible Histories.  (Which is much funnier than the current crop of sketch shows on adult TV - though this is admittedly not difficult.)
  • Seriously, if Nim grows out of it, I'd watch My Little Pony anyway.
  • Defence of the Elm.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • barren_sky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Tele Viper
    PSN
    barren_sky
    Steam
    Tele_Viper

Send message
    (http://i.imgur.com/jx6XS.jpg)
    My kids! The oldest is just starting to get how gaming works, and has latched on to Double Fine's excellent Kinect games, (the only excellent Kinect games), Sesame Street and Happy Action Theatre. 
    Once also unexpectedly walked into the room while I was playing Dead Rising 2. Possibly traumatized for life.
    British Columbia, Canada
  • barren_sky wrote:
    jx6XS.jpg.

Fixed it for you.
    Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples
  • LOL :)
    Currently playing; Mario Maker and Clash Royale
  • I've been attempting to get Reuben into games, he's my first so I'm not sure at what age they become able to play them. He's ok with buttons put control sticks and D-pads are a bit too complicated. He does 'play' Let's Tap on the Wii though, there's a weird visualizer thing with no win or lose state so he can just hit the box and make fireworks appear for hours on end!
    You really are fond of chatting with me, aren't you? If I didn't know better, I'd think you had feelings for me!
  • @mouldywarp lol, good to start them early like :D

My son got hooked on Tomeno sanner because there was one button to press to play.

we also play Lego Star Wars on the Wii together as well, 

He is now 6 and plays all the main Mario Games (Galaxy/Kart/NewSuper) and LBP on the PS3.
    Loves playing games on the PS move as well. Have a couple of demos he really enjoys.
  • Really I just want someone to play with! His Mum hates games with a passion. She's into these things called books, I think you use them for propping up wobbly tables or something...
  • Alex actually likes games already.
    He likes to 'play' Sly Cooper, passing me the controller when he realises he's dieing and obviously doing it wrong, there are other games too, but it warms my heart that he'll be able to play games and also be able to talk to me about them.

I was playing FFXIII-2 not long ago, and he woke up from his nap, I brought him down and he watched me play it. He loved it. All of a sudden I wasn't allowed to turn it off, I had to keep playing.
    About 2 hours later I asked if I could turn it off, and he said yes. I stupidly took that opportunity to check the football scores, and while I'm doing that, he strolls to the PS3 and turns it off.......I didn't get to save.
    My resulting shout of 'NO!' upset the poor guy and I had to give him a cuddle, followed by a 'Do you want daddy to put it back on?' Which prompted a response of 'Yeah.'
    So, I spent another couple of hours playing FFXIII-2.
  • First game Imogen ever 'played' was Radiant Silvergun...

She has her own DS and a Peppa Pig game, which she likes, it's all random tapping the touchscreen with her, though.
    360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime
  • First game Imogen ever 'played' was Radiant Silvergun...

Your child is officially the coolest person ever.
  • KIDS NO THANKS

Er, I'll link to it instead as it is pretty creepy and I'm getting a bad reaction elsewhere - BABY TEETH

(actually pretty damn amazing)
  • Uhhhhhh.
  • Mouldywarp wrote:
    First game Imogen ever 'played' was Radiant Silvergun...

Your child is officially the coolest person ever.

She wasn't very good at it... but neither am I.
    360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime
  • Big day for my 2 and a bit year old son yesterday. I can't remember what his first words were or when he took his first steps but I might have make a note that on the 22nd of May 2012 he did his first Mario jump. I was testing a SNES to give away on freecycle and I let him have a go at Super Mario Bros. I showed him which button to press to make Mario jump and he picked up the idea in seconds. We had a pretty good attempt at playing through the 1st level with me doing left and right and him jumping. His previous gaming experience has been as a spectator on my lap watching 'Cars!' (Mario Kart) and 'Dancing!' (Rhythm Thief) on the 3DS. Apparently we both had the same stupidly big grin on our faces.
    Gamertag: Mal0wner
    3DS Friend Code: MalO 0645-5742-2145
    Wii U: MalOwner
  • Heh.

nice

g.man
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Tempy wrote:
    KIDS NO THANKS Er, I'll link to it instead as it is pretty creepy and I'm getting a bad reaction elsewhere - BABY TEETH (actually pretty damn amazing)
    Eeeeeeh
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!