Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    A couple of people have said they're getting on the Destiny beta, and there's been chat in the Dark Souls thread, which got me thinking - what's people's view on them?

- Keen to get the earliest possible taste?
     - Keen to give input that might actually change the game?
     - Avoid them to avoid spoilers?

I've never really done them (partly due to avoiding spoilers, partly due to a perception I might need to give useful feedback).  Am I doing it wrong?
  • Depends on the game. I actually paid money (through Kickstarter) to get in the Energy Hook alpha, since I was so excited about it and wanted to have input on how it develops (it's mainly a one man show, so that's feasible).

On the whole, I couldn't give a toss, though. Larger companies will be pretty uninterested in feedback other than bug reports, which I don't find fun, and I'm in no rush to play things 'cause I've got so much I haven't played but want to already. If it's a free beta, I might give it a whirl, out of interest, but it's unlikely.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Same stance.

If it's an MMO then I'm usually up for it.

Not really got time, etc.
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Thread title is magnificent
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    I thought this was a thread about paid-for betas. I spent about ten minutes trying to find a download link for Battlefield 4. Those cruel bastards!
  • regmcfly wrote:
    Thread title is magnificent
    This.
  • id like to be in a beta that was a legitimate beta, i bet Destiny would be a good shout for it, dunno how to keep on the pulse there though

watching the destiny e3(?was it?) made me think i wanna play betas because i love good graphics so cutting edge of the mainstream stuff i can deffo bear to see twice

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!