PC gaming.
  • b0r1s wrote:
    b0r1s wrote:
    Ended up going for normal Subnautica. For £3.99 it seemed mad not to. Had a quick go loved how it didn’t hold your hand to find out the right way to survive. Then I quickly got cocky and got killed by and explody thingy. Going to enjoy this I think.

Just discovered the £3.99 version of Subnautica from the Epic store has VR, it showed up in my Rift Library... Result!

I already told you this.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    b0r1s wrote:
    b0r1s wrote:
    Ended up going for normal Subnautica. For £3.99 it seemed mad not to. Had a quick go loved how it didn’t hold your hand to find out the right way to survive. Then I quickly got cocky and got killed by and explody thingy. Going to enjoy this I think.
      Just discovered the £3.99 version of Subnautica from the Epic store has VR, it showed up in my Rift Library... Result!
    I already told you this.

I'll add that you really need to add a few mods to make the VR play nice as well though.

This seems to be a good current one that should work with the Epic version as well apparently. Without it the PDA is stuck right on your nose, the environment pops in all over the shop and some of the later vehicles are a bastard to see about in.

I added a few mods a ways ago but it looks like that one solves a lot of the major issues. 

It's a great VR game once you fix it up a good bit.
    GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    b0r1s wrote:
    b0r1s wrote:

I already told you this.

What I mean is I didn’t realise they were the same app. I thought it was like Skyrim where they had released a VR only version. Glad I didn’t pay £18.99 for it on the Oculus store!

Just played 30 minutes and it’s great. Will take a look at those mods too Daq. Have a very slight bit of motion sickness but far less than for Windlands.
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    The Oculus app will tend to pick up things that ping the Oculus SDK and add them to the library automagically. Very handy. You should be able to force it to launch the Oculus native version as well with a command line thingy if it's still launching in Steam....

...Probably..
    GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt
  • b0r1s wrote:
    If @hunk has sold you on it Ed, let me know and I'll do you a Badger price on both if you want, hardly used.
    I'm sold, but sadly not in the UK... thanks anyway!
    And thanks everyone for sharing your views on the SC. I'm going to try to buy one here locally or just order it off Steam if I can't find one.
    I win... in the most minor way possible.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    So Subnautica reminds me of the opening of No Mans Sky, but then manages to surpass it by balancing the survival elements perfectly. The crafting systems are so well balanced. The need to hunt fish, find salt and keep developing your tech to stay alive is incredibly well done. It’s also a minimally beautiful game especially at 4K on my 65” TV.

The VR mode is amazing, but right now I don’t have the sea let’s to stay for any length of time yet.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I forgot to get that when it was free on Epic. Might just buy it.
  • It's often on sale.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I'll use the old trusted CDkeys in an hour or so
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    It’s £3.99 on the Epic sale.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Jackpot! Cheers man
  • New subnautica is on sale as well for €/£6.00 or so.
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Yep I should probably get that now seeing as I now know I like the first one.
  • Think there might be a thread?

I’ve been playing Mordhau. First person medieval brawler with impressive physics based combat. It gets very in-depth with all sorts of parrying and feinting, but I just like the Frontline mode where two teams of 32 fight over battlefield style objectives. Lots of friendly fire and huge broadsword swings cutting down multiple enemies/fence duels interrupted by a a topless man with a mayo caving your head in.

Favourite feature so far is either that if your head gets chopped of you stay in first person as it soars through air and rolls on the ground, or the fact you can pull projectiles out of your body and throw them back.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Seen a few videos of that, spear seems OP. Looks like a proper laugh. How is the fighting system? More accessible than For Honour or is it more complex?
  • Totally different really, FH is more like a fighter rendered in 3D rather than your regular 2D, Mordhau is physics based and all about active animation of your weapon - when you prime a swing you have a brief window where you can morph it or feint it, but then it releases and you’re committed to the whole swing, and all through that animation it will do damage to whatever it comes into contact with.

This means you can turn the opposite direction to your swing to make it reach your opponent slower, or turn the same way and move faster and cover a wider area.

I dunno if that makes sense, but basically it’s hard to compare it because FH has its roots in more traditional fighting game stuff. It’s a lot easier to defend and parry in FH because it’s a combat system based on canned animations that can be feinted altered as opposed to simulation of weapon physics. Countering in Mordhau is very hard and requires you to swing the opposite direction at around the same time as your enemy, which given the short windups is very hard. It’s hard to get used to as well as you can’t hold block or spam block and the timing of a weapon strike is dependent on so many factors such as angle, weapon type, where the opponent is looking/moving, whereas in For Honour every move has fixed timing like a regular fighter.

The long reach of spears and halberds is good but thrusts are the easiest move to counter as they have the most obvious tell on windup. I’ve been running an estoc recently, nice thrust damage, big swings, still lets you use the mordhau grip (there you hold the blade and batter them with the hilt and pommel) which is good for dealing with all the heavy armour.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    It makes sense, seems pretty intuitive really. Really want to try it out.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Anybody want White Noise 2 for Steam?

Guy at work was giving a load of dupe keys away, I took Civ 6, CoD: MW3 and Homeworld Remastered.
  • I'll have Beyong Earth plz thanks x
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Offered a random steam key on Twitter and some sniper instantly followed and jumped in to claim it. So I bought him this:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/654880/Dream_Daddy_A_Dad_Dating_Simulator/

Fair play to the lad he's having a good lol at it in Twitter DMs.
  • It's Dad on Dad, which is less creepy than the title suggests.
  • Offered a random steam key on Twitter and some sniper instantly followed and jumped in to claim it. So I bought him this: https://store.steampowered.com/app/654880/Dream_Daddy_A_Dad_Dating_Simulator/ Fair play to the lad he's having a good lol at it in Twitter DMs.
    Superb
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • City of brass next round of epic freebie.

Its good one for Rogue like fans.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Man who made a lot of modded Super Monkey Ball levels is making his own SMB. GC controller compatible.

• Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    QUAKE 2 RTX COMPARISON SCREENSHOTS (1080P MAXED RTX)

X7mpHfL.png

8GKS81A.png

wpGopDX.png

fPfzEJo.png
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    RTXis legit lads trust
  • Skybox on the bottom one is a bit sad though
  • Interior shots where it’s just bounce GI from a sunlight shaft are the really impressive ones imho
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Tempy wrote:
    Skybox on the bottom one is a bit sad though

Tbf its not something I really look at but yeah lack of effort there.

The way the light reflects on flares/grenades and the default gun is fucking insane though. System hog too, can only run 1080 max RTX for 95fps, 1440 is 50-70, 4k is like 20-30
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Here's a quick vid:

no it isn't

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!