PC gaming.
  • Mutazione is a real fucking delight.  Kinda Oxenfree style point and clicker, lovely aesthetic, great writing.  Everyone on the island is a mutant and that is fine.  I like the main characters fashion style too.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Hmm, that was an Epic freebie, maybe I should take it for a spin...
  • You’re not supposed to play the games you get free from Epic.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Just plugged my gaming laptop into my ultrawide monitor for the first time. Why didn't I try this sooner. Control and Yakuza ultrawide is only bloody great. And thanks to DLSS I can have RT on in Control and still hit 45 to 50 fps.
  • Tempy wrote:
    I never bothered sticking H2 on my SSD, the load speed stuff is overrated for a lot games. Hardly chomping at the bit to boost into a Hitman level 5 seconds faster. If your laptop only has an SSD, then I feel bad for you son. Games do not respect that small format size these days.

It's not the load speed that's the issue, it's pure size. 

I mean, tbh, it's a small problem, because I'm still ok for space and I now have d2, AC Od and Cities loaded. Hades coming, and then the rest I'll want are all 2d indies. It'll just mean a little discipline for not playing multiple AAAs at once. Can add ssd storage later anyway.

Media and everything else is all on old laptop streaming so there's nothing else to go on this one.

(FWIW, Our main monstrosity of a cities map was taking 7+ minutes to load on old lappy. have a mod that shows timer and whats not loading from assets. Down to 2+ on the new laptop.)
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • I dunno what your new laptop size is I had assumed 1TB HDDs in addition to SSDs were fairly standard now, sucks if it isn't though.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    For NVMe’s standard on slim laptops, 256gb or 512gb is the norm. Most laptops have at least one extra slot for another NVMe slot.
  • A cheaper SATA speed m.2 drive might also be compatible.
  • Yep, it all is compat. Checked before buying.

I took the hit on storage to avoid the small ssd and big hdd thing and because it allowed upgrade on all important specs. Graphics card. Screen, ram.

As it turns out when I looked, I still have over 200gig space with hades loaded too.

All is well.
  • Plex has been a godsend.
  • Also, have to give big shout to "everything" search app from void works. You can actually find things. Middle finger to epic not having cloud saves. Had to faff and transfer.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Lack of cloud saves is real shit if you have more than 1 pc.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Who has more than one gaming PC?
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I do.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Well one isn't strictly for gaming but I play Disco Elysium on it.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    And I wouldn't if Steam didn't have cloud saves. I was playing Hades on Epic but I had to keep track of two different games.
  • People who upgrade their laptops but don't get rid fo the old one?
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    So all edge cases? Don’t get me wrong. I get Epic are being cheap with their solution, but it is still probably considered an edge case when they look at it.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I'd say cloud saving is most useful due to clean reinstalls, crashes, drive errors and other pc goodies.
  • Sup.
  • Cloud saving is great until you get caught out by something that doesn't have it after a Windows reinstall or something. Always best to double backup anything you've put a lot of time into that you care about.
  • Facewon wrote:
    Tempy wrote:
    I never bothered sticking H2 on my SSD, the load speed stuff is overrated for a lot games. Hardly chomping at the bit to boost into a Hitman level 5 seconds faster. If your laptop only has an SSD, then I feel bad for you son. Games do not respect that small format size these days.

I mean, tbh, it's a small problem, because I'm still ok for space and I now have d2, AC Od and Cities loaded. Hades coming, and then the rest I'll want are all 2d indies. It'll just mean a little discipline for not playing multiple AAAs at once. Can add ssd storage later anyway.

Media and everything else is all on old laptop streaming so there's nothing else to go on this one.

(FWIW, Our main monstrosity of a cities map was taking 7+ minutes to load on old lappy. have a mod that shows timer and whats not loading from assets. Down to 2+ on the new laptop.)

So it might be too late but it turns out you can choose which missions to install and uninstall in Hitman 2 via the DLC tab in the game settings menu on steam, just saw it on twitter
  • Facewon wrote:
    Tempy wrote:

So it might be too late but it turns out you can choose which missions to install and uninstall in Hitman 2 via the DLC tab in the game settings menu on steam, just saw it on twitter
  • Nice. Thanks
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    I too have been blown away by my recently purchased ACER i7-9750H RTX 2060 laptop, but only in so much that i've been playing previously owned games with new found graphical clarity and framerates that'd make a blind man weep with joy! 

But, its still the same old games, so its not wow-wee yet! 

The way i see it, i'm all set up for the next year or two and don't need to jump on the new consoles this Christmas. Also, its still a laptop which i can use for work on my travels, so its a win-win in that regard. 

BUT! The fan noise is noticeable (as with all laptops) and it did make me dig out my wireless gaming headphones, which given my lockdown DIY skinhead, don't bother me as much as before. lol!
  • Yep, I'm headphones on all games now.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    My biggest joy was Divinity Original Sin 2 cross save from my Switch (of all devices). I've bought that game 4 times now because it is utterly brilliant, but i'd played a lot on Switch on holiday last year, so to be able to jump back in on my 4K TV with Ultra settings was simply wondrous! 

I bought Disco Elysium in the Steam sale, but i'm waiting for my wireless keyboard & mouse to arrive before settling into a comfy chair. 

PC gaming does not have to be sat upright in an ergonomic chair. Unless you're strapped for space, then deffo.
  • "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    It is, I made a thread for it that nobody bothered with.
  • Boughted.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!