PC gaming.
  • metagonzo
    Show networks
    Xbox
    MetaGonzo
    Steam
    metagonzo

Send message
    Just the account but you can't have an account running on more than one machine at a time.... I think.
    XBL, iOS, Steam: metagonzo
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    The account. You can have the same games on multiple pcs if you have the account on them.
  • metagonzo
    Show networks
    Xbox
    MetaGonzo
    Steam
    metagonzo

Send message
    I stands all corrected like.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Not quite. I'm not sure if you can have them running at the same time, or at least playing the same game. I doubt it would allow you to play multiplayer with 8 people on the same account.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Looking at my times. I'm next off on saturday annoyingly. Unless people are fine with a session just after 10pm.
  • metagonzo
    Show networks
    Xbox
    MetaGonzo
    Steam
    metagonzo

Send message
    Kow wrote:
    Not quite. I'm not sure if you can have them running at the same time, or at least playing the same game. I doubt it would allow you to play multiplayer with 8 people on the same account.

Now that you mention it I seem to remember it making me do an e-mail referral when I moved machines. Maybe you can download the files onto as many machines as you like but only run them on the currently activated one.
  • davyK wrote:
    Too lazy to look this up - when you buy a Steam game is it tied to the account or the account+PC?

Just the account.
    Twitter: Andy_Wharton | PSN: thehumantarget86 | Xbox Live: humantarget86 | Steam: thehumantarget
  • If you sign into Steam, whilst it being logged in on another PC then it either doesn't let you or it logs the other person out.
    Twitter: Andy_Wharton | PSN: thehumantarget86 | Xbox Live: humantarget86 | Steam: thehumantarget
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    metagonzo wrote:
    Kow wrote:
    Now that you mention it I seem to remember it making me do an e-mail referral when I moved machines. Maybe you can download the files onto as many machines as you like but only run them on the currently activated one.

No, I definitely have games running on multiple machines with no problems or email hassle. I've never had them running at the same time, though.
  • Bollockoff wrote:
    Looking at my times. I'm next off on saturday annoyingly. Unless people are fine with a session just after 10pm.

I'm free ALL the time at the moment, so whenever is good for me.

Tempy? Reg?
  • metagonzo
    Show networks
    Xbox
    MetaGonzo
    Steam
    metagonzo

Send message
    metagonzo wrote:
    I'd love Max Payne 2 if you don't mind? GLADLY.
    Not having much luck finding you under thehumantarget; are you sure that's right? (seems a silly question, I know). Maybe try adding me. Needless to say, you're most welcome to it. Edit: Finding a good few humantarget references; sure one of them isn't you?

Ahem
  • metagonzo wrote:
    metagonzo wrote:
    I'd love Max Payne 2 if you don't mind? GLADLY.
    Not having much luck finding you under thehumantarget; are you sure that's right? (seems a silly question, I know). Maybe try adding me. Needless to say, you're most welcome to it. Edit: Finding a good few humantarget references; sure one of them isn't you?
    Ahem

Ahh missed this. I've added you.
  • metagonzo
    Show networks
    Xbox
    MetaGonzo
    Steam
    metagonzo

Send message
    Kow wrote:
    metagonzo wrote:
    Kow wrote:
    No, I definitely have games running on multiple machines with no problems or email hassle. I've never had them running at the same time, though.

Standing corrected twice in one day? Bad scene.
  • The email thing you have to do to get the code is called steam guard. It's a security feature to make sure no one gets access to your accouint even if they somehow manage to get your password. You can turn it off in steam options so you can sign in by simply entering your details.

It's possible to run more than one game from the same account by signing in on one computer in offline mode. No mp of course and technically against the Steam TOS.

P.S. Im up for a game of L4D2 some time.
  • Oooh, I don't play MP very often and would love to do so more. Would be especially brilliant if I played with people who wouldn't hate me for being a bit on the shite side. If you want to get shot in the back of the head, I'm your girl! My steam is the same as my username ... I think.
  • Oooh, I don't play MP very often and would love to do so more. Would be especially brilliant if I played with people who wouldn't hate me for being a bit on the shite side. If you want to get shot in the back of the head, I'm your girl! My steam is the same as my username ... I think.

Excellent. I've added you now.

If anyone ever fancies a game of L4D2 and I'm on Steam then 99% of the time I'll be up for it.
  • Me too, get Andy to tweet me and I can usually bring myself to my PC.
  • So when is best for everyone?
  • After 20:00, before 00:00
  • Tempy wrote:
    After 20:00, before 00:00
    I can do those times tomorrow. Already said i'd play BF3 tonight and have a friend visiting on friday for the weekend.
  • I'm the opposite, haha. I can do tonight, Friday and the weekend, but not tomorrow as I'm in Manchester.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Try and add me human. As I can't seem to pinpoint exactly which human target you are. Seems to be a popular fad.

I'm free from half ten tomorrow ish or all night saturday. Bringeth it orn.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    FEAR 3 for 8€ on Steam. Anybody know if it's any good?
  • J1m1
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Beelzespud
    Xbox
    Beelzespud
    Steam
    Beelzespud

Send message
    I got it about a year ago for £5 on Steam.  I've play it for about an 2 hours and feel I've had enough.
    It's a bit.. meh.  Not the best of the series, in my opinion.
    Live/Steam - Beelzespud
  • J1m1 wrote:
    I got it about a year ago for £5 on Steam.  I've play it for about an 2 hours and feel I've had enough. It's a bit.. meh.  Not the best of the series, in my opinion.

It's not even been out a year, haha.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Still yet to play the second. And also hurry up with another Skyrim sale, Steam.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    8€ isn't much, I suppose. But I'm not convinced.
  • Bollockoff wrote:
    Try and add me human. As I can't seem to pinpoint exactly which human target you are. Seems to be a popular fad. I'm free from half ten tomorrow ish or all night saturday. Bringeth it orn.

Only just seen this. For some reason I appear to not show up in any searches even when I search myself :\ You are already on my Steam though from when we played TF2 with Tempy and Reg. Screen name is Big Tuna on Steam.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Ah, of course. Sorry I didn't realise.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!