PC gaming.
  • You'd forgotten me :'(
    Twitter: Andy_Wharton | PSN: thehumantarget86 | Xbox Live: humantarget86 | Steam: thehumantarget
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    And you never bought me flowers. Consider us even.
  • J1m1
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Beelzespud
    Xbox
    Beelzespud
    Steam
    Beelzespud

Send message
    J1m1 wrote:
    I got it about a year ago for £5 on Steam.  I've play it for about an 2 hours and feel I've had enough. It's a bit.. meh.  Not the best of the series, in my opinion.
    It's not even been out a year, haha.

Felt like a year...
    Live/Steam - Beelzespud
  • imo with fear 3 they were going so all out on some super smart AI and gunplay they forgot about the rest of the game, it feels like it's made out of cardboard boxes and feels very, very, backwards, in terms of production ideas
  • Hello cuckoo you magnificent bastard
  • hello my fine svelte friend, hope you are well!
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Why don't you all join the bear and badger steam group then - makes finding one and other a doddle, innit
  • Show networks
    PSN
    Prankster
    Steam
    Prankster

Send message
    Hey, joined the Steam Group, currently only putting time into D3. So would gladly coop that with anyone, have a lvl22 monk and lvl11 DH atm but have np starting a new char if needed.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Kow wrote:
    FEAR 3 for 8€ on Steam. Anybody know if it's any good?

I paid a tenner and its worth it, as long as you enjoy the other two. Similar gunplay, but lack of scares.

Plus MECHS!
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Reading the Silmarillion has nudged me into trying Lord of the Rings Online. Currently downloading the huege 13 gigs.
  • metagonzo
    Show networks
    Xbox
    MetaGonzo
    Steam
    metagonzo

Send message
    For some reason I have 3 3-day steam passes for Red Orchestra 2: GOTY if anyone's interested. Bored the arse off me quite frankly but if anyone wanted to give it a shot, give me a shout.
    XBL, iOS, Steam: metagonzo
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    So yeah, I just romped home a great Scientific victory in Civ 5. Hooraaahh.

Gonna get my WASD on now I think.
  • Anybody have/play the Total War games? I have pretty much all of them now and I just ordered Shogun 2, which is supposed to have a nifty multiplayer mode where you can play coop or competitively on the campaign map instead of just single battles of the previous games.

I'd quite like to have a "friendly" battle with a hooman because I'm trouncing the AI in Rome at least. It still has the capacity to surprise mind, and the la ter games seem to have somewhat smarter AI.
  • I play them at my dad's place because he is an RTS beast. Shogun 2 is brilliant, but I am just not patient enough for them and then all my men die :(
  • Monaco looks like its going to be a good'un:

Planetside 2 is looking epic too

• isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    Ay up Gurt. Shogun 2 has yet to arrive and I still haven't got around to clearing out the partition anyhow. I've also never touched a Total product before so multiplayer of any sort could be… limited… 

Diablo has only just begun to release it's grip now I've started Hell and found that the average goon can one shot me. Not sure I can be arsed to Auction House it all back. Patch today nerfed Demon Hunters fairly heavily apparently.
    GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt
  • Yeah Shogun hasn't arrived for me either, it was dispatched yesterday though so I think it should be here by Saturday.

The System Volume Information folder which contains system restore stuff i think, can take up a ton of space on your HDD. I can't remember how much mine used to be but i've seen comments on this useful page reporting hoooge amounts of space being taken up by the folder (some are over 100GB o_O).

Google "System Volume Information" to see how to find and gain access to it, and what to do with it. The folder may contain as much as the 32GB you need!

Being the latest Total War game it probably has a great tutorial. And the gameplay is great in all the TW games i've played, particularly the morale system. It does seem to be quite intimidating to newcomers, but it's not that difficult (does get harder with the really big battles with multiple units, but thats what the pause time button is for ;) ) just requires a little patience and imagination.

I've not played Diablo 3, the online-only thing is a complete turn-off for me.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Me and a mate had a good load of fun on a Shogun 2 co-op campaign legendary difficulty. Though it takes the combined efforts of both of you at all times to best the cheating AI that produces death stack armies after several turns from one low income province.

Multiplayer Shogun 2 is actually really fun to watch. This guy HeirofCarthage gives you an idea of how much depth a game can have. Also how incredible the game looks just after a battle with corpses strewn everywhere.

• I don't play TW games on a higher difficulty than normal beacuse AFAIK I it doesn't make the AI any better it just lets the AI cheat and gives them extra bonuses in attack and whatnot. Not sure if that's exactly the case in Shogun 2 but I imagine it is.

That's a good vid, shows what a deep and good looking game it is, also check out the steampage screenshots. The perma-corpses have been a feature since at least Rome, and is one of my favourite things. I love having a huge battle or city assault and seeing the bodies of my vanquished foes litter the fields or the streets of a large city.

The vid also shows how important it is to break the opposing units morale. In Rome I always try to follow up my flame arrows with a good dose of wardogs, I haven't used incendiary pigs yet. :P
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    I never got into Rome. I suffered from not having a good enough rig at the time it came out and when I upgraded, Medieval 2 had long been out and Empire was just released. I've got it on Steam but haven't managed to have a crack at it yet. And I should since most still say it's the best TW game.
  • J1m1
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Beelzespud
    Xbox
    Beelzespud
    Steam
    Beelzespud

Send message
    I think the morale system in Shogun 2 is the best yet. Not only can losing a general lose you a battle you were winning easily but it can also effect you for months.
    Live/Steam - Beelzespud
  • I love the music in Shogun, yu-hoh-hoh, yu-hoh!

My dad played the first to death, I loved the assassination videos too. I kinda wish they'd go back to the parchment map though, that was a lovely little idea.

• Shogun 2 has finally arrived form play.com just 20mins ago weirdly, maybe the postie got the wrong address and a neighbor put it thru the letterbox. It's nice because I've just finished installing the extra ram and my 500gig hard drive.

Anyways I can't wait to play it, I hope it runs ok.

Edit: Oooh it has a paper manual, first time I've had one with a TW game. It's not extensive but it has KB shortcuts and game mode advice.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    How does shogun 2 compare to Rome if I've not played a tw game before? Worth £25 vs £5? Better AI etc as well as grafx?
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    The AI between them is actually not that different. Though i'd still say Shogun because it looks so damn nice. Buy Rome if you end up playing Shogun to death.
  • A lot of people would argue that the TW series hasn't really progressed since Rome, just moved sideways by exploring different areas of history. I think Rome looks pretty clunky these days, whereas Shogun's map screen is gorgeous. I prefer the Feudal Japan setting too.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Shogun AI gets retarded when it's being the attacker in a siege battle.
  • So does all the Total War AI god WANNA FIGHT ABOUT IT HUH WANNA?
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    TO THE FIELD OF BATTLE.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Your head is forfeit.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!