Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    davyK wrote:
    Do the Netherlands have Krampus at Christmas? That would make up for it.
    Don't think so, it's usually just Christmas eve, first day of Christmas and second day of Christmas. I don't think I've even heard of Krampus. Giving you enough time to visit family. Sinterklaas at the start of December is a bigger thing. Zwarte Piet used to be something to scare the kids, but that's been bit of an issue last years, with the slavery history etc.

Other thing we have in November is St Maarten, kids are supposed to make a lantern and you all walk to a big fire somewhere in the village, where there's hot chocolate. It's a religious thing so it was already on it's way back when I was little, which is a shame as it's nice to have everyone around a huge fire, usually in a muddy field. It's the start of the carnaval season.

Halloween is becoming more popular, but the last few years that's mainly been random kids asking for candy, no real decorated houses. I'm pretty sure the big cities have some parties going on.

• davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Krampus is a big scary black furred beast that accompanies Santa and eats the bad kids. Northern Europe seem to include him in Christmas celebrations.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Fir Christ's sake MK make an effort with the expression, you look post-dental surgery.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • must try harder!
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Fangs very much m8
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
  • This is a pretty good effect.  Might download a track and see if my shitty Amazon projector can do it.

• Spent my Sunday afternoon pissing about with e cheap zombie head I got from B&M.  It looked good but had a shitty paint job so I tried my hand and sprucing it up a bit.  Turned out pretty well, I thought.

01vdj99.jpg

s6tztpV.jpg
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    wow
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    That looks great

Assuming you've all seen The Incredibly Slow Murderer with the Horribly Inefficient Weapon, well Emma is currently obsessed with it since I showed it her, she even bought me this shirt

aV7AmIj.jpg

Anyway, she found me this old spin off about carving a pumpkin

"I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Top work, Matt!

I have no shame in admitting I'll be getting a few of my Hallowe'en knickknacks out this weekend, and will commence coffee drinking from my new Hallowe'en cup.
    Get schwifty.
  • That's fucking awesome Matt.
  • Tis indeed.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • davyK wrote:
    I have never watched the original Halloween. The slasher genre doesn't really do it for me. Anyone ever watch Halloween III - Season of the WItch? It's a good story but delivered in fairly cheesy low budget fashion. It was an attempt to break away from the Jason thing and have a different story every year tied to the Halloween brand. It tanked.

Original Halloween is grrrrrrrreat!
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Fucking hell Matt. I'm looking at the original and can't even see the potential in it. Cracking job there.
  • I probably couldn't do it again if I tried so I might retire while on top.
  • Off to a fancy dress party week on Friday, going as Bronn from GoT at the insistence of co-workers. I don't see it all that much myself but apparently I'm the spitting image of him at the moment. Got my tunic and boots, need to get a sword and a bag of (chocolate) gold coins.

I do love me a fancy dress, have to say. I fucking smashed it a few years ago with my 'Colombian drug dealer's henchman' outfit, complete with moustache. I stayed in character for the entire work day. Probably mildly offensive to my Spanish colleagues, tbh.
  • My work colleagues and I made this poster for our 'absolutely-not-Halloween-honest-vicar!' event: 

lygVPBJ.png"

Intending to fly-poster the town centre with it tomorrow.  Expecting outraged calls from the local church claiming that the use of the word 'spooky' is antipathetic to the christian faith....
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • It doesn't say where it is.
  • I chopped the end bit off didn't I?  Don't want you lot gatecrashing it.

(tbh, we forgot to put the date on the first version....go 'third-sector infrastructure support organisation that i work for'!)
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Hocus fuckin' Pocus?
  • Oh I wanted Lost Boys or something but we had to go for something very safe and kiddy friendly to keep the local god squad from closing it down.
  • Is it in a church or do you live in the 14th century?
  • I mentioned this a page or two back, we lease an old church from another church down the road. They are bunch of Evangelical Anglicans (the worst possible kind of Anglicans) and they're a bunch of nutters.  I can't even put on yoga or tai chi classes as they regard those as being 'antipathetic to the Christian faith.'  We dropped off some of our ' not Halloween!' posters at their place today. Tomorrow I am expecting a backlash of these proportions.

giphy.gif
  • hahaha
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    haha, what a bunch of tools
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • So we had a projector, projecting some ghostly projections onto a shower curtain over the kitchen window.  Looked like this.  Worked pretty well and definitely seemed to impress the costumed visitors.

Then when they came to the door, I put a wee lamp on that illuminated my mask collection and gave a few folk a wee fright!  It was awkward as hell to photograph to forgive the shitness of these.

hew0f4C.jpg

1YIobpP.jpg

Also let my hair down at work a bit and dressed up at the weekend.  The mask didn't get to stay on too long!

oAwcmWF.jpg
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Do you have any with the mask on
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Top level Matt. Don't ever lose that magic.
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!