Overwatch 2 is in Beta and apparently they’ve changed all sorts!
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    The footage is getting my long parched TF2 glands going so it's a shame I'm going to have to wait till summer next year.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Not free to play.

Dunno if that's good or bad, but I'd guess they'd have more chance of getting a community going if they went F2P like TF2 as opposed to full price game as Frantic's Brink did.

I suppose if the game is good enough it won't matter. I'm tentatively interested, keeping an eye on it.
  • If you launch full price, you have the option to go F2P when sales flatten out. Within 6 months I reckon there'll be dlc characters, then a year or 2 after release it'll go F2P.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I like the look of this.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    It is visually appealing. Gameplay looks quite fluid too.
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • So this has been my "next game" for a while now, ever since they announced console versions. May 18 is the confirmed release date. Gonna get it on ps4.
  • legaldinho wrote:
    So this has been my "next game" for a while now, ever since they announced console versions. May 18 is the confirmed release date. Gonna get it on ps4.

I thought the release date was the 24th? PS blog

I'll be in for the open beta.
    Can-of-sprite
  • Ok maybe that is early access
  • Consoles will be the poor relation to PC I'm pretty sure which is a shame.
    GT: Knight640
  • Well dur, but as long as it plays well, and is 60fps and glitch free, is all that matters.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Never buying a Blizzard game on console again after the god-awful experience I had with Diablo 3.
  • Blizzard are still supporting Diablo 3 on consoles though aren't they?  I'm pretty sure it still has feature parity with the PC version which has received a lot of updates.  They've done a lot better job than Valve did with Team Fortress.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Their update support is fine. Everything else is a lost cause. I played quite a lot on PC, but bought it on Xbox last year for the console experience. After getting to level 70 I was excited about getting into the grind for new weapons and armour; while in a public playlist a dude came in with a hacked ring and boosted me from 50 Paragon to 3000 plus within the space of 10 seconds, and more importantly before I even knew what was happening.

Obviously this was upsetting. So I contacted Blizzard stating it had ruined my experience and that I wanted to be rolled back to a less powerful state so I could enjoy the game and grind for weapons and armour. They said to me they didn't support the console version in this capacity; effectively leaving hackers and exploiters to do what they pleased on PS4 and Xbox One. The next day I traded the game in.
  • I'm at that stage where my laptop plays FFXIV beautifully but struggles with latest releases like The Division so I may well have to plump for a console version.  Will try a PC demo beta first, mind.
    3DS: 2105-8748-8084 Switch: SW-3316-5834-8308 PSN: aynsleyw
  • Open Beta news. I'll definitely be trying this out on Xbone. Doubt I'll buy it though. http://teambeyond.net/overwatch-open-beta-release/
    GT: Knight640
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Usually I'm all over Blizzard games but this just doesn't appeal to me at all. Wish they had the fortitude and resolve to have made Titan a reality.
  • I'm going to be all over this, it looks a blast to play.
  • I'm really liking the look of this. Will be playing the open beta on PC if anyone will be about. I'm hoping I will like it, as I really couldn't get on with TF2, despite wanting to like it. Ths looks waay better IMO, loads more characters and abilities, and no bloody spies.

I've been checking out some vids about the game, there's a Gamespot series about the development of the game which is actually pretty good. This is the second part -

And there's plenty of interesting dev update vids on the official channel, explaining the thought and reasoning behind the game, like this one -

One of the main things I'm liking about this game is that there's none of that gameplay fucking up 'new weapons/abilities as you level up' shit that's been plaguing all FPSs since COD4 (IIRC?). Just cosmetic skins and such in loot boxes, which is fine. I would really like to play something with good matchmaking too, I think my reactions used to be much quicker, guess it'll take me a while to get back in a competetive groove.
  • I love the look of this, but without a campaign I shan't bother. My PvP skills are appalling. Just ask Isanbard about my awesome Destiny skills.
  • Have I read somewhere that 02 priority have beta keys available tomorrow?

Hi to anyone who has O2 priority and would like to give me a beta key X
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • I preordered on PC.
    3DS: 2105-8748-8084 Switch: SW-3316-5834-8308 PSN: aynsleyw
  • How many PCers are we going to have on this? Somewhat tempted to preorder myself, £30 seems pretty fair. Also you get a couple of beta keys...
    To get into the early access beta you’ll need to preorder the digital copy of Overwatch: Origins Edition on PC, PS4, or Xbox One. This will grand you early access to the game ahead of the open beta, as well as give you two keys for the download if you pick it up on PC. PS4 and Xbox One owners also receive a second key, however it will arrive after the early access beta has opened to everyone on May 4.
  • Just had an e-mail in my spam from Xbox rewards with an early access code for the beta on the 3rd. Worth checking if you're interested.
  • I don't think I ever signed up for xbox rewards, bummer. It's not as if I don't have enough to play tgough.

When's the open beta out?
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Unless I have an allergic reaction to the beta, I'm nabbing it.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Friend who's a WoW nut gave me a key for the closed beta that apparently lasts until release. Jumping in.
  • Enjoy
  • Kernowgaz wrote:
    When's the open beta out?

May 5th-9th.
  • I don't wanna wait until the 5th!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!