Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Roujin wrote:
    I hope they add 4 player online in the future.

Doubtful. 2D games have longer tag overlaps with a greater emphasis on timing*, so I didn't think that 4-player would be an issue for this.

*Not that tag timing's easy in Tekken, just that you don't pay as heavily for screw-ups because the opponent's grounded.
  • Went back online with T6 for the first time in more than a year after getting back up to speed.

Results were good. Player matches were had, won most of them. I will say this for my foray into 2D fighters over the last few years, my general zoning and pokes were much better, my play felt much tighter and I was even managing to tick throw by dropping Jacks f1,2,2 after the second hit on block and pulling out one of his command grabs.

"Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Lack of online co-op pisses me off proper, I've decided. Not so much the absence of the feature as absent info.

Filthierich blanked everyone who asked after 4-console online play, including me several times. He'd answer the question directly below yours if it tallied with his prescribed company rhetoric; frequently on the same day. Same deal with Killian at Capcom: I liked the man enough, but his job did more harm than good.

Community managers are info-withholding shills under the guise of friends. Tag 2 could be patched with online co-op support, but sadly its fanbase is largely composed of undershowered fret-wanking-metalhead teens. Who could care less about no-mates; and grammar.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Apologies for dimming the mood.

The time for hearing this was 2011, y'know. I didn't originally expect online co-op, but they've allowed the widespread implication of its inclusion for the previous few months. And through its loss, my play time goes from permanent to occasional.
  • Agree 100% man. I was sure they listed it in that online teaser trailer last year.

Its got a very SFxT feel about how the news has come out. If its an issue arising from a technical limitation in the ability to send and receive data in a timely enough fashion to not disrupt tag combos then they could have just come out and said it. I think the other online offerings like the clans and the wtf would have gone some way to showing they were actually working to help the player base.

Still, if the netcode is up to SC5 standards I can happily forgo online co-op. Lets hope it lives up to the expectation.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Two consoles over one line versus four over multiple; it's a genuine hurdle. But it shows up the team as detached from a portion of the fanbase by not correcting that trailer's everyone-online message. 'Tis shonky PR to tell us now, a month or so before release, when they would've had a full year to rebuild interest had they owned up earlier.

I don't know if they lacked the balls to, or if they're just that out of touch with modern mature gamers. Possibly the latter, with Japanese arcade culture and the youth-based transitioning of players in mind. But equally, they must be aware of the boon in discrete online play for those with life commitments.

SF Tek's not far wide, son.

xkAI1.jpg
  • Its bizarre, they've been quite open about a lot of the development, I can only imagine that it was similar to what happened with Capcom.

They have to say something before the game comes out, but they wait until close to release, at a point, I presume where preorders reached a set number, factoring in potential cancels from the dropping of said bad news.

Its very much at odds with how Harada has been trying to present himself. I watch his twitter feed with interest, somewhere the fans are going to get vocal about it.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    I suspect too few care to make much of a fuss. It appeals primarily to us older dudes, and we're replaced year-on-year by kids.
  • Fuck the kids son. All they got is little kid reaction times. They are yomi bait.

People care, perhaps not many of the Tekken fanbots as they have never played anything with online coop. But online coop appeals to the broader audience.

I'm just glad that after what? Four years? There's going to be a ton of new stuff to talk about.
  • Well I just read about the Tekken Tunes stage BGM selector, it seems you can use any music file ripped to your HDD for the stage BGM. 

THAT. IS. WICKY. WICKY. WA. WA.

I predict Snoop's BGM will be the first to be changed.

aUUVi
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Played a few randoms in Street Fighter IV last night to test my connection. It was okay; quite good, even. I was hopeless.

Although I was forcing myself to play without meter, FAs, Ultras and Supers to relearn the rhythm of human opponents. And in doing so, everything I dislike came rushing back to memory.

Top of the tree is meter. Metered moves often feel - and certainly look - like a lucky dip outside of combos, so they tend not to satisfy on landing, and feel cheap on receiving. I'd be fine with them minus invincibility; just let them break armour and retain their increased damage.

I'll enjoy it a lot more once I have my reading eyes back. I was even struggling with a FlowKen.
  • Don't try to play without meter or using supers and ultras son! I find that after time away from SF and 2d fighters when I come back they feel like they are running twice as fast as I remember!

The only thing I don't like about EX moves in SF is that the invincibility properties are all over the shop and you have to learn which ones are which.

In that regard i quite enjoyed the new meter in SC5 as any EX version of a move was just the same as the original move but it either landed more hits or did more damage. There was no nobbing about with invincible reversals (iirc!)
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Roujin wrote:
    I find that after time away from SF and 2d fighters when I come back they feel like they are running twice as fast as I remember!

Oh, aye. It's not really the animation speed but the inability to predict your opponents' thoughts due to rust. I found it easier against good players because I had more of a handle on their tactics. But against FlowKen, my brain was overloading itself with calculations. The better you are at reading the other dude, the fewer things you have to be primed for. And then it slows down.*

any EX version of a move was just the same as the original move but it either landed more hits or did more damage. There was no nobbing about with invincible reversals

I haven't played it, but that sounds pretty much perfect.

Wednesday's probably out, I'm afraid. I should be out Weds, Fri and next Monday. The weekend and following Tuesday are looking like good nights here.

*Boring as he is, I think that's why I've always been tied to Rog. He covers enough defensive angles to give you a feel for the match, because the onus is on the opposition to open him up. So win or lose, I usually came away with an understanding of each player's approach.
  • Weekend is good for me, so will see you about for some Tekken after all these years!
  • JoJo's Bizarre Adventure HD is now out. 1600 points though fucking RIGHT THEN
  • I'd pay that for the new one they're doing if it's actually any cop.
  • Didn't think Brooks liked manga-esque fighters.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Jojo's BA is several tiers above most manga IP.
  • 1600 MSP sounds steep, but I might bite. Trial first, though.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Roujin wrote:
    Weekend is good for me, so will see you about for some Tekken after all these years!

Rusty Kuntz! Perhaps we'll regain a bit of form.
  • Werd.

I have semi shaken the rust off jack. Dragunov and Wang are being left on the shelf for the time being, following reading up on P.Jack and the potential to run an all jack team for Tag 2 if they turn out to be halfway viable.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Roujin wrote:
    I have semi shaken the rust off jack.

Have you tried Goddard's?
  • The weekend approaches, Jack is plugged into the charger in anticipation.

What are your likely periods of availabilty over the next couple of days Esc, and anyone else I suppose who fancies a match? I am free all days of the bank holiday because I am a hermit/recluse.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Barring problems beyond my control, I should have my arse in the chair from about 9:30; both nights. Have you tried Pezzy?
  • I will poke Mr Pez, but he is unlikely to play. I think he's waiting for Tag2 to drop.

I shall see you later for our hot date. I haven't played a Lee yet since venturing back online.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Just home; on in 10...
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Immense, Rouj!

God knows what my mic was playing at: the four green lights were flashing in turn - charging, I take it - but it didn't seem to be working. I could barely hear you through the TV, so I went and changed Play Through Speakers to Play Through Headset on the dash, but no dice. I think it was charging but wouldn't sync. I've a feeling I've heard about a problem with the wireless ones...

I've a new headset on its way, so hopefully that'll sort it.

Tekken!

Man, it's good to be back. I felt a bit bad about overusing throws online, but you were handling me most of the time, so cheap ahoy! Old rubbish-tier Raven surprised me. While my supposed main was screwing up his juggles. If you wondered why I was cray juggle-happy with Lee, it was me trying to practise B+2s. I finally landed a reset near the end (Azzy's Chamber), but lost the B+2 catch straight after!

I think Lee was coming good again in those final few matches. I'm just a bit tired now and making mistakes.

I do like your hopkick punishes with Wang, and your Jack's reet tight on his defensive frames; it's hard to counter him with a wall behind me. Drag was your best tonight, though; really nice reading with his grabs.

Yeah, lovely stuff. It still hurts that I can't co-op you in repping Mordor on Tag 2. On the upside - away from the disconnects, the lag was pretty fluid this way. Thanks, dude.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    A disappointing offering from Heihachi 'Zardoz' Mishima, mind. He wasn't right after that Wavedash wedgie.
  • I am up for stuffs. In the Diablo vortex is all, Rouj text me next time, I'd be up for trying out some new folks for Tag Two.
    "In the long run, if you play solid, you'll be a more solid player." Aris Bakhthanians

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!