God of War
  • God mode was nuts. Destroyed three dual shocks in one session.

GoW was always a bit more Streets of Rage than Bayonetta. I never minded much, the visuals carried me through and the blades never stopped looking cool. Acsension, didn't click, felt one story too far. Kratos' story may have been basic but there was an arc, the classic trilogy where the first wraps it up in itself, all is lost in the second which leads into the full circle completing in the third. It has basically the same story as Star Wars.

Ascension didn't really matter to me, I was done with Kratos.

This game feels even more wrong. Kratos =rage.
    The idea he is patiently training offspring just seems wrong.
  • Ginger offspring will be killed shortly after the 10 minute preview.

Rage ensues.
  • Emotion. Feeeeeeling. Game will be ART.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • @gamer Mike
    Day 1 if that is confirmed.
  • I really enjoyed 3 but felt the series needed a shake up by its end - Ascension left me cold.

From what I've seen this ties closely with the direction I wanted them to take I.e. give the player free camera control and tone down the GRRRRRR! Kratos a fair bit/replace his angry arse.

It looks phenomenonal too; could be the a variance of styles but I'm much more wowed by this, and Horizon than UC4.

Hell, I even got more feels from that short demo - shockingly - than I did from the whole of UC4.

Disappointment of the gen so far for me.
  • I think the series should have just ended at 3. Go out on a high.
    "From the makers of God of War" should be enough.

Like I said earlier, this looks like a good game just not a good GoW game.

Have the balls to back a new IP.
  • I think it's going to be similar enough to the previous games to still be a GOW, but this time Kratos'll be killing the Norse pantheon of Gods rather than the Greek one, in a more mature, subdued and responsible manner.

Possibly for less volatile reasons than pure vengeance.

I'm glad they kept it going, thematically there's not a lot like it in gaming.

• I quite like the idea of this new one. The Norse gods could be a very interesting setting and I agree that the series needed a shake-up. Changing the setting but keeping Kratos, in general appearance and name at least, still allows for some continuity in the series and a recognisable lead character, rather than starting completely afresh.

I absolutely love the series (although not that keen on Ascension) and eagerly await this one. The only shame is that they didn't opt for the Ancient Egyptian setting. 50/50 decision apparently.
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • Yeah, Kratos as a James Bond style multi-era lead appeals to me. Greek Kratos, Norse Kratos. Scando Fairytale Kratos next please. Followed by Samurai Kratos.
  • Yeah, Kratos as a James Bond style multi-era lead appeals to me. Greek Kratos, Norse Kratos. Scando Fairytale Kratos next please. Followed by Samurai Kratos.
    Made me chuckle

wnIaRyJ.gif?noredirect
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • TheDJR wrote:
    I want Egyptian.

I don't think he walks like an Egyptian.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Scatos.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Egypt would have been such a good fit. A huge range of Gods to be angry with, the potential for some stunning environments and some excellent mythology.

I mean, there could have been a whole section going through the journey of the afterlife before having a massive boss battle against Ammet in order to steal the feather of truth. Or a trap filled search through a half constructed pyramid. You could be searching for Osiris' body parts in order to make a weapon to defeat Set.

So much potential. But saying that, the setting of choice still interests me.
  • You could be searching for Osiris' body parts in order to make a weapon to defeat Set.
    That's exactly what happened in that Lara Croft Temple of Osiris thing.

Personally, I reckon India has the best set of Gods for this sort of thing. Great character designs.
  • JonB wrote:
    Personally, I reckon India has the best set of Gods for this sort of thing. Great character designs.

Holy shit, yes!

• JonB wrote:
    You could be searching for Osiris' body parts in order to make a weapon to defeat Set.
    That's exactly what happened in that Lara Croft Temple of Osiris thing.

Oh completely forgot about the Lara Croft game, enjoyed that. I wonder if that had any impact on their choice of setting?

India would also be a damn good shout.
  • Probably gonna be more protest about gouging out the eyes of Ghanesh though, eh. Still quite popular, unlike that schmuck Zeus.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    U2 was good for the old Indian God ting
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    I love Hanuman though and would demand he be treated with respect

It would be difficult to sell I think, India is now a second world country which country which means it feeds the rest of the world, and they always treat their deities with a reverence that I doubt a typical game could match, plus even if someone did it well, you know a bunch of twats would try and cash in on that success

Far safer to let people run with their imaginations and have obvious inspirations
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • There was a teaser in one of the God of War games you could unlock that took place in modern day Egypt I think?

Anyway, totally unrelated but if you like Indian inspired God designs you should give the web comic Kill Six Billion Demons a read. Has some totally mind bending art and design in it, heavily leaning towards non judeo-Christian interpretations of heaven and God etc
  • I was about to say that's not what the 2nd world is, bit apparently there's more than one way of defining these things (western vs Maoist). Interesting.
  • Second world?
  • Yeah like second life, but for capitalism.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Jesus fuck, I just Google image searched Second Life to post the logo. 

DO NOT DO THAT.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    I was thinking third world, lack of industrial development. First world, us fat consumer fucks, so second world, industrial development, low washes, major exporters to the first world, but yeah there may be proper definitions that I'm not aware of
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Second-world is pretty much defunct as a term, as it was generally used to refer to the communist countries in the Cold War.
  • Maybe they'll take a tip from strangers wrath and have the gameplay completely shift in the second act. Its all roamy combat up until the boy gets kidnapped / killed. Kratos goes full on rage and the game goes to a more trad god of war.
    SFV - reddave360

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!