Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Ok, so I cracked and bought The Walking Dead. Installing now...

B&B Steam group - http://steamcommunity.com/groups/bearandbadger
  • PC GAMING IS HERE.

I have a pretty amazing PC for games now, along with a 27'' LED monitor. It's almost the optimal experience to play Football Manager.

• J1m1
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Beelzespud
    Xbox
    Beelzespud
    Steam
    Beelzespud

Send message
    Did you purchase it via Steam?  I'm wondering whether I should wait until a few episodes are available.
    Still £20 on Steam is tempting..
    Live/Steam - Beelzespud
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    DOWN
    LOAD
    TRIBES
  • DOWN
    LOAD
    TRIBES

im doing just that soon
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    J1m1 said:

Did you purchase it via Steam?  I'm wondering whether I should wait until a few episodes are available.

Still £20 on Steam is tempting..

Yup. Looks nice, plays fine too. Already met Hershel on the farm. Seems good, I'm hoping it can get to the level of bleakness of the comic. 
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Also, Tribes is boring.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    So The Walking Dead, PC version. When you choose the control options it shows you what buttons do what. On an xbox controller. And that's it. Great. During QT style moments it shows you a d-pad on screen and you have to somehow choose the right option, without actually having a d-pad. The icons for objects that you have to point at and click on are often not actually on the object at all, often quite far above or beside it, obviously designed for a stick, not a mouse. The game seems good but this kind of unfinished bullshit is just unacceptable.
  • That's pretty scandalous, and rather puzzling for a slightly PC-centric dev like Telltale games.

It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    I'm sure their forums are like a prison riot over the fact. Kow is probably the ringleader.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Also, Pathologic arrived in the post today. Apparently this is quite unsettling.
  • I'm gonna try and install Anno 2070 later, I heard it's good.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I haven't spotted too many threads complaining about The Walking Dead's controls but there are some just asking what the PC controls actually are, which is quite damning in itself.
  • I haven't spotted too many threads complaining about The Walking Dead's controls but there are some just asking what the PC controls actually are, which is quite damning in itself.

I know this may be a little redundant, but why don't you own a 360 type controller for the PC? It's bloody useful. 
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I intended to get a dongle thing to connect my 360 controllers but to be honest I've never come across a game that really warranted it. I have no problem with mouse and keyboard. As long as they actually bother to tell me what the controls are.
  • I play a lot of console games on my PC because it's often cheaper, better from a graphics/mod perspective and pretty convenient thanks to Steam.

I DO THIS ALL WITH A CONTROLLER!!?!?!?!?!!
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Yar, I'm sure a controller is fine but I tend to play consoley games on a console so I don't really care. But if it's a pc game then fuckit release it with some pc controls included.
  • EVE Online is now £9.99 in the UK, down from not-sure-what, but I could be tempted at that price.

I played it once before for about a month and didn't really do or experience anything of real interest, apart from making a big profit hauling a load between systems, and that was only once. I think the best (most fun) way to play it is probably to quickly get yourself hired as nooby cannon fodder by a corporation out in zero-sec space, or join a crazy war, or join a pirate or mercenary corp. Then at least there's something at stake, and you get the feeling like you're a part of a larger sequence of events. And avoid the npc missions and mining as much as possible.

I'd quite like to play again, if other people here want to play as-well? Get together a little Edge/B&B crew to tool around in space. :)

I'll be playing Dust 514 when that comes out anyway, presumably there will be a B&B corp
  • Has anyone tried out the DayZ mod for Arma II?  It basically looks like the type of zombie game that everyone is always asking for.  Its an online zombie survival game where the focus isn't actually on killing zombies but rather around player interaction.  So for example finding players to scavenge for supplies with, avoiding bandit players etc.  It has no respawns too so once you die you have to start over without all the equipment that you've found.

I'm tempted to pick up Arma to give it a go but it sounds like the kind of game that would be better to play with some people you know.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Ooh, I have Arma 2 somewhere. It never ran very well but I'm sure it's been patched up since then, Plus I have a new supermachine.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Looks great fun. Can't imagine situations like the first video are much of a laugh for the victim though. I think I played ArmA 2 for all of five minutes before putting it in storage somewhere.
  • Anno 2070 is awesome, hard to understand what I'm doing probably because I'm tired and it's 1am but I turned the graphics to Very High and my laptop is fine with it. Looks beautiful.
  • Hmm I think I will try EVE again, does anyone play it here? There's an extended trial in exchange for rewards in the buddy program.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I might start again at the beginning of June when I have a little more free time.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Is it actually in any way possible to share games with each other on steam? I'm kinda tired of Bas getting games on his account (he's playing Botanicula now) and there doesn't seem to be any way to play them on my account as well. Tried adding them via the "add non steam game"" button, but that seems to take his save games into my account as well. Not gonna buy them twice.

And why is there no demo on steam for anno 2070, looks like something I'd love to play, but I want to see if this pc can run it properly first.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    There's a demo on the game's website, but not on Steam, if you want to try it.

As far as I know Steam games are locked to one account.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Cheers, downloading it now. We really need to upgrade this pc, it's maybe 4-5 years old by now, and was an old Guerrilla Games computer.

Shame about the steam thing, guess I'll just have to play on Bas his account then. No achievements for me.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    No way to share games between accounts unfortunately. In their eyes it's just theft.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Yeah, luckily they have these regular sales. New games cost more than they would in a shop.
  • Kow wrote:
    Yeah, luckily they have these regular sales. New games cost more than they would in a shop.

They have sales?!
    Twitter: Andy_Wharton | PSN: thehumantarget86 | Xbox Live: humantarget86 | Steam: thehumantarget
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    King of the "impulse steam sale and never play for months" buyers.
‹ Previous1234567355

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!