regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Can't believe we don't have a thread for this, one of the best (or the best?) games of the year. Ill add to the placeholder op, but I've just cleared club 27 with a lot of scuttling about and it was rather satisfying to say the least. Anyone else on this?
  • How does it compare to the previous games?
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Marrakech wasn't as good, but the most recent episode (Club 27) is some flat up peak Blood Money. The systems and mechanics are much much better. Forget any Absolution guff, it's the real shebang.
  • I only have the basic edition, but I have played Paris a lot and it's clearly brilliant. There's so much thought gone into the workings of the Fashion show, it's spectacular how you can just watch it all go around like clockwork. Speaking of which, there's a brilliant Vice piece on it:

I haven't done an elusive target mind, but I'll grabbing the full thing if I get that new PC.

The decision to go episodic probably put a lot of people off, but I think it's the perfect fit for Hitman, it's clearly worked really, really well for it, and allows them to keep previous levels fresh by tweaking stuff over and over.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    There's mounds of replay going on. An RPS dude was saying he'd put 12-15 hours into Each level so far. When you clear it, you get XP for certain actions, and that XP translates into little modifiers such as starting in a particular place, or a particular weapon (hello Italian Sniper rifle beat the level in 2 mins) for each successive run. They've also built in ludicrous rube Goldberg machines for each bit that give "glamour kills" for want of a better phrase. My favourite so far has been one in Marrakech which I like because I actually did stumble on it devoid of any guides.
    Spoiler:

Stealthy? Nope. But legit.
  • If I was playing with pals that would elicit the cry of "crash" or "crunch" in a comedy ned voice for sure
  • How much? Might check it out...
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    It's Episodic Chalice. I believe first two tutorials and opening level is a tenner on consoles
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Fuck.

Theres a Sapienza Challenge mission where you have to take out two brothers who are plumbers. One in red garb, the other in green. Bonus points if you kill one in the others clothes. I'm sure I don't need to tell you what their names are.
  • I wish the loading was far shorter and the game didn't be so picky about being connected to the net.

I'm in a tricky position now. I've all but abandoned the ps4 but I've got two two episodes completed in there.

• @Chalice

Intro pack (tutorial, prologue mission and Paris) is like £10/12
    Upgrade to full experience after that is £35ish
    Whole thing is £45.
    You lose maybe a fiver not getting the full thing in one whack, which isn't bad considering you might save yourself £30 if you don't like the intro stuff.

Definitely worth just grabbing the Intro Pack to see if you get on with it. It's a neat model for the game release.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I wish the loading was far shorter and the game didn't be so picky about being connected to the net.

I'm in a tricky position now. I've all but abandoned the ps4 but I've got two two episodes completed in there.

Definitely two bugbears for sure. However the maps themselves are a delight.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    Fuck. Theres a Sapienza Challenge mission where you have to take out two brothers who are plumbers. One in red garb, the other in green. Bonus points if you kill one in the others clothes. I'm sure I don't need to tell you what their names are.

Harpo and Barpo
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Completely forgot to do the summer bonus mission which is so damn ridiculous I don't want to spoil it here.

Off we go.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Tempy wrote:
    regmcfly wrote:
    Fuck. Theres a Sapienza Challenge mission where you have to take out two brothers who are plumbers. One in red garb, the other in green. Bonus points if you kill one in the others clothes. I'm sure I don't need to tell you what their names are.

Harpo and Barpo

Mega Harpo Siblings
  • I might have to grab this if the prices are like that. I like the episodic approach to games, i mentally see them as self containing and hence not so draining - i can get something else done that day
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Giving you a month with each level works especially well. I do a first run then dump in and out throughout the month poking and.prodding at the systems in each map. Means I feel I've wrung them dry by the time another drops.
  • It doesn't work for all games, but for stuff like Hitman where each objective is isolated from the last, it works really well. Especially when the release targets are largely met. There's always a lot of grumbling when episodic content gets delays, but when it works people don't applaud it as a format. It works extremely well for Hitman. Theoretically they could continue to add to it for years.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    They've already discussed potentially doing 3 "seasons" iirc on twitter
  • If one season doesn't totally jump the shark and have him going to a moonbase/travelling through time i'll be furious.
  • Objective: Kill Hitler
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Videogamer discussed this on a poddo as obviously Burns has a mega rock on for a murder sim. I liked their idea where they want there to be brand synergy and next June do an E3 episode where the objective is to
    A) kill the guy pretending to be Agent 47 on the show floor
    Or
    b) have it be something ludicrous like kill Cloud Strife and he's just a real person kicking about
  • There would be some fucking awful press around an E3 mission, but it would work so well. If they shift it to the left, and avoid likenesses that would be great.
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    Mine crashed the first time I played it. Just didn't let me move onto the next part, which has was disappointing considering how long it has been out.
  • You should be able to pick any mission you own with and play it regardless of your progress, at least that's how I did Paris on PC without doing all the tutorials. They misleadingly have padlocks on, but it's just because it expects you to follow a progressions. You can technically buy the first mission and the latest mission and ignore all the in-between.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Are you sure? I believe you have to clear one to move to the next, but haven't ever tested as I've always got one cleared by the time the next drops because
    *tips hat*
    I'm a Don.
  • I bought it on PC and ignored all of the stuff I'd done on PS4 to jump straight into playing the Paris level - that might be unique to the intro I suppose?

Edit: online seems to suggest that yes you can just play whatever you want if you fancy it.
  • We have a thread for hitman, unless this is something completely different.

I picked up the second ep a few weeks back but yet to play it. Current hitman fix is the sniper challenge mobile game, enjoying.

Still think there's too much icon highlighting, batvision nonesense, but obviously leaps and bounds over absolution.

Will post more tomorrow, day three drinking here.
  • The crutches are good for those who like them, but you can easily turn them all off in the menu if it isn't to your taste.
  • Think I turned everything off and still found it annoying in some way, I'd have to check. I'm just a curmudgeon and love silent assassin as best hitmans.
‹ Previous123456715

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!