General Bear Knuckle
  • Oh you guyz.

Jealousy is an ugly creature.

A Tekken thread will likely be birthed upon the launch of TTT2.

In the meantime you can pick up T6 super cheaps now if you wanna dip your toes and join in?
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    hylian_elf wrote:
    No Tekken thread?

Originally this was, but I changed it to Brooks' old thread due to a lack of interest.

Roujin wrote:
    I really shit myself any time your Baek starts moving to the side, or your Lee is sitting at that diving sweep range.

Baek's a pretty unsafe character, but his guessing game makes up for that when he's flowing. He's one of the best punishers in the game for me. Five launchers: JF Sky Rocket (two different inputs; same move), FLA u/f+3, u/f+4 hopkick (fast for a hop, too), universal d/f+2 and a f~F~3 Mishima axe kick. His up-close game isn't great - just 1~2 really for punches, and he has poor tracking.

His linear tracking made him lower-to-mid in Dark Res, but he's a lot scarier with Bound because he's able to maximise damage on those launchers.

Help Me was the only top player to gamble on slides with Lee (and Moksungin with Law back yonder). They're extremely unsafe, but if you can land one occasionally it often puts an opponent on edge for the entire match. Sidestep (or dash) buffering allows you to hide the FC, which gives Lee a 50:50 between his slide and f~F+3.

I used to practise slide buffering and his JF Mist throw about ten times more than fundamentals in Res!

Ah yeah, and the slide you parried: I think that would've whiffed otherwise because you were extending your arms with it. Looked good, mind, dinnit. :)
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    That smiley's for you, B.
  • Yeah I totally meant to parry that slide like a boss and it had nothing to do with me mashing df waiting for get in range for df1+2!
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    I lost count of the times I scored a counter crumple and did nothing. Either because I'd forgotten a move had CH properties, or because by the time I'd decided on a follow-up the combo was gone.

That's where regular play comes in.
  • I'll be around from 9 tonight if you want more practice chum!
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Oh, okay. Is 10 any good?
  • Yeah 10 is fine. See you in a bit (I'll stick a brew on for when you get there)!
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Cool. I should be home by then.
  • Awesome, bring your best fine china.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Broken china!

Geegs, dude. I really do need a cleaner headset, though. Don't suppose it could be a ports issue? It sounds like you're piloting a Lancaster! I have to crank the volume to hear you, and then it cackles away like a witch down a well. So I'm not ignoring you if I have - I've just turned the noise down for a break.

I know Imp and Choo swear by Skype. I'll have to see if I can get hold of a better option for Tag.

Jack's sit-down lows are a bloody nuisance! I was more disciplined at blocking tonight, but I was still trying to CH those. My Lee would never stoop to low abuse, of course. He doesn't have to stoop - he's already crouching. But then you have octopus tracking.

I think my two highlights were both from King: an iSW when you jumped, and his parry grab in-between combos near the end.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Oh, yeah: Party Chat had three members - you were in there twice under MM JW and SJN. Weird.
  • That's weird, SJN was my old gold name before switching it for a Mordor tag. But that was years ago!

Dunno what's up with the mics man, you come across loud and clear on mine. Are you on a wireless or wired headset? I have one of the wireless ones - I think a second gen MS black one, but not the latest bluetooth one and would deffo recommend (apart from having to remember to charge it).

GGs for last night man, your Baek was on point again, as was Lee. Really consistent punishing of pretty much any little thing that I whiffed, of which there were plenty, because I was playing like a bag of wank for the most part! Was all over the place with Dragunov, not enough 121 for starters, my df4 to ff2 pokey measuring tool was all over the shop and then to top it off I kept trying stuff from the LUYG video I just watched, when I should have just stuck to what I knew! I managed a couple of decent oki reads though to keep you on the floor though which was nice. 

Jack fared a little better but I wasn't making best use of f1,2 into mixup throw which was hurting my damage output. Managed a couple of rapy sections of play at the wall though, so that'll do pig, that'll do. 

This week I am going into the lab and I am going to find out how to punish Baeks amazo FSS of death and general ruination. Bizarrely, big and generally lumpy as he is I think Jack actually might have faster and longer ranged tracking moves than Dragunov!
  • Could feasibly be on tonight once the Mrs has hit the hay. I will have hands of jam and be fray to all as I haven't played any fightans, let alone Tekken, for well over a month now. Still want to try out some folks in prep for TTT2 though, so if I spot anyone I'll sling out an invite.
    "In the long run, if you play solid, you'll be a more solid player." Aris Bakhthanians
  • Will deffo be on later Pez. From 8.30 onwards. Character training/selection times are go!
  • My connection has gone borked from trying to connect to Smang, Pez. Going to call it a night, sorry we didn't get to play, sadfaces all round.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    About to drop 1200 Moon Rupees on Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition.

Anyone want some easy wins? Or to talk me out of it? (I.e., should I buy something else?)
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Buy it, but expect to be thrashed.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    By at least one blue weirdo of dubious sexual preference. I sense Brooks would have you believe that's a good thing. But for me, it's a big bunch of silly buggers. A character selection encompassing wronged emos, train-fiddlers, and the offensively bland.

Smashing feel to it, though. It has the highest input precision of the 2D fighters I've tried, but I do wonder if it might be a tad subdued without its crunchy lo-fi sound effects. Top engine. Make up your own mind on its inhabitants.

Pezzer: I wish I'd known! I can do tomorrow (Tues) if I know to be home earlier.

Dunno what's up with the mics man, you come across loud and clear on mine. Are you on a wireless or wired headset? I have one of the wireless ones - I think a second gen MS black one, but not the latest bluetooth one and would deffo recommend

The fact you can hear me but I can barely hear you makes me incredibly self-conscious. Dunno why, really. We just don't have the fluency of a normal phone call because I'm effectively on a shit walkie-talkie. It's the original black wireless.

to top it off I kept trying stuff from the LUYG video I just watched, when I should have just stuck to what I knew!

Well, if you can't style in Tekken...

I was playing around a bit with Baek, trying to remember some different juggles to entertain you with. I had a little go in training after our games, and quite a few bits and pieces came back to me. I practised Lee's reset for a while, and - offline, at any rate - it's getting there again.

This week I am going into the lab and I am going to find out how to punish Baeks amazo FSS of death and general ruination.

Hit him first is my advice!

If you overcommit and whiff, you're going up; if I think you might overturtle, I can try a sweep into - hopefully, 'cause it's unreliable - WR 2,1, B!; and if you crouch - and I see it in time - I can punish with FLA f+3.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Brooks wrote:
    Buy it, but expect to be thrashed.

Aye, over and over and over again by people who've spent the last 13 years playing nothing but SFIII.
    Escape wrote:
    I sense Brooks would have you believe that's a good thing. But for me, it's a big bunch of silly buggers. A character selection encompassing wronged emos, train-fiddlers, and the offensively bland. Smashing feel to it, though. It has the highest input precision of the 2D fighters I've tried, but I do wonder if it might be a tad subdued without its crunchy lo-fi sound effects. Top engine. Make up your own mind on its inhabitants.

It definitely has the weirdest character roster of any Street Fighter, and it's probably very telling about the number of its cast that made it into later games. However, I've been watching these videos and I'm interested to give the game itself a go.

As a result, I also think Q is one of the coolest Street Fighter characters ever.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Here's a thing about character influences. I think Ditko's Question is the oldest Keiji/Q type.

What's Jack doing here, Rouj?
  • Escape wrote:
    What's Jack doing here, Rouj?

Deffo just whiffed 1,2 big time. Qlooks like he's about to universal launcher into massive damage. 

Tried playing against a few randoms last night. Game lives and dies by your connection. Played a guy on three bars and it was impopssible to stop him from repeatedly doing King's four low kicks into that mid smash punch ad infinitum. Switching from low to standing block never came out on time, low block on reaction never came out on time, thank god Dragunov has a low reversal that I could mash out after blocking the first low to catch the next. SC5 netcode in TTT2 really can't come fast enough!

This game is the worst for 'I only lost because of lag' feelings of rage and hate towards your randomly chosen fellow man.
  • Blue, that's brave, that's all I'll say.
  • Everyone should at least play SF3 once. I do miss it occasionally.

Also Q is deffo the best character ever in any Capcom fighter (despite the rip off as pointed out by Escape) closely followed by Hakan.
  • Not especially convinced 3S's roster is weirder than AE's is at this point.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    What don't you like about T6, B?
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • Just gone off the whole deal. Too much juggling and shit to get rote.
  • Pick a less juggle heavy character Brooks?

Jacks, bears, Bruce, Wang, Chreddy are all capable of bringing raw pain and don't rely on landing launchers as their primary means of dishing out the pain.
  • Boo.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!