General Kickmans (FIFA/PES/FM & The Rest)
‹ Previous123456732
  • The Beautiful Game.

As we're heading towards the release window for the big three, I felt it'd be easier to just put them all together in one thread for discussion and game-arranging, but to also have any and all virtual football games young and old welcome too. Talk of classic ps2-era pro evo is v welcome by me.

Anyway, I'll kick off with my shinfo about the Fifa 17 demo and what I'm expecting from the full release.

Now I've already paid for the pre-order. I knew I was going to get it anyway after Rangers got included. The thought of toasting fools online with Holt, Halliday and Windass (Barton is on the bench, heheheh) was too much to resist. Still doesn't mean I'm not allowed to cast a critical eye over it. Conversations will always arise about it being "just a squad update", and that it's silly to pay that amount AGAIN but given how much I get out of it, (same screen and Online Seasons between mates mostly, and the Career mode I'll chip away at) I feel it is perfectly good value for money. Anyway, to the game...

In case you've missed it, EA have ditched the "Ignite" engine which was created to help them adapt to the current generation, and went for the Frostbite engine this year. A complete engine change should mean that this year is a misstep while they get used to it and next year will be better. Not here. Fifa still plays a remarkably great game of football, presented well and buttery smooth 60fps. At first, any fifa player would be hard pushed to actually notice any difference in the gameplay, other than it looks shinier. But if you look further, you'll see..

Great vid that. But whilst I enjoy the way it plays, the way it looks, there's just something I can't quite put my finger on that makes it feel disappointing. The gameplay and graphics are very tightly knit between this year and last year, the menu system (STILL) is the exact same, the match presentation package is the exact same, the subs/tactics screen is the exact same. Was Ignite just a modified Frostbite? Is this Frostbite just a modified Ignite? I dunno, there's something that just doesn't add up. Changes on the pitch are very welcome though. Through balls are much much better, passing is more crisp, shots from distance are superb, jockeying for position actually feels like something you've control over, and the new set pieces (apart from same screen multi-player penalties) are excellent. But I still feel a bit annoyed by the menus and presentation of it all. Hmmmm.

Anyway, that's me for now. PES jobbers and FM fanatics also welcome.

Mon the gers.

*BLOWS WHISTLE*
  • The Beautiful Game, top of the list. That's what I like to see! :)
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • The big.... three????
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Any PS4 Fifa 17 players up for some radio silence exhibition matches where I always play as Man United feel free to add me: Cyber_Razor_Cut.
  • I think I prefer the look of Fifa 16 based on that video though.
  • I am amazed people still buy these on an annual basis.  YOU ARE MORANS.
  • I took a year off because my team's summer dealings were moranic.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Played the latest PES recently. Haven't enjoyed a football game like that in a while... The passing felt excellent.
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • Unlikely wrote:
    I am amazed people still buy these on an annual basis.  YOU ARE MORANS.

I know. It's just like those people that spend up to £80 on a special edition of a game for some extra shinys or something. Complete morans the lot of them.
  • My wife asked if I was getting the toy car as well.  I had to explain that I wasn't.
  • I wish I could get into football games. But after match 9 or so it dawns that there will be another 30 more of the same thing to go.

I have a particular keenness this year because Leicester will be blinged up (and in PES champs league mode). I'm holding tight this year so far. It helps PC PES is based on PS3 graphics and I can't be arsed with PS4.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Unlikely wrote:
    I am amazed people still buy these on an annual basis.  YOU ARE MORANS.

Especially people that have EA Access so can get it a few months later for pennies. Morans.
  • I bought the digital version of FIFA 16 in a sale for £25. I'll only buy 17 if I see it at a similar price. I can cope with that sort of outlay.
  • Thing is though, if like me you play it a stupid amount, then the outlay is easier to justify. Even buying at full value, I get better value for money from FIFA/PES than I do from almost every other game I have bought, with the possible exceptions of epic RPG's like Skyrim or Witcher.
    Xbox / PSN - DongleUnlimited
  • Can't wait for fifa 17 but expected more of a difference in the game with animations but this happens every year , I will buy it unsure on the differences and unable to pin point what's good and bad then grow into loving it and playing it most days for another year
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    I scored one of those for Kingsleigh against Winton Boys, at the back post, I expected an earlier cross, but by christ it was intentional and felt amazeballs
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Played the new PES demo and was pleasntly impressed. However, as an adult I can no longer tolerate the lack of licences. I can't believe in this day and age, that there is still exclusively for such things. It's annoying.

Will be sticking with FIFA again this year
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Do option files still exist?
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • cockbeard wrote:

Yeah I believe so. Can't be fucked though.
  • cockbeard wrote:

Only on ps4 and pc though
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Anyone know how Sociable Soccer is shaping up? Not heard about it for time.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    It's only kestla.

Fucking turncoat.
  • A lack of proper players, teams etc. has never been much of an issue for me. Possibly because I hold most of their real life versions in such low regard in.

Last PES I bought was about 12 years ago on the XBox. Played Master League for months, and it didn't matter that I was some made up team with mostly made up players.

Feel like it's time to give it another shot. Just hope the pre-season training isn't so tedious nowadays.
  • It's only kestla.

Fucking turncoat.

Ha!
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    Offline: PES

Online: Fifa

Pretty much all you need to know.
  • There's yer EA Access 10hr trial for Fifa 17 live btw. Hearing that it's the full game, and not just The Journey and Exhibitions as previously stated. BUZZ.
  • There's yer EA Access 10hr trial for Fifa 17 live btw. Hearing that it's the full game, and not just The Journey and Exhibitions as previously stated. BUZZ.

Some online matches ..... pre forza at midnight then

giphy.gif
  • Someone sound the SWAGHORN.
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    The Journey content is unsurprisingly limited in the trial. Will give it a try later.
‹ Previous123456732

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!