Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Reg decided too many threads are about how mental we are, so here is a thread to state just how normal and sane your life is.

I'm in a healthy relationship, am reasonably physically fit, suffer no illness (that I know of), sleep pretty well, eat well, have enough money to be happy, have reasonable prospects for the near future, find time for interesting films and literature when I can and have a nice circle of friends.  My family is all quite normal, we get on well at christmas and no major childhood incidents have left me emotionally scarred.

Address your lack of concern here.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Get it out of the Games thread then.

Fucking Skerret.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Wot?  Oops.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    My normal, placid existence does not require me to respond to what would otherwise be a hurtful remark, fortunately.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I am engaged, not on any medication, work hard but also am able to save money, I have a good cadre of friends, I exercise regularly, am a little weak in my arms, admittedly, but aside from that everything else is tickety boo
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Excellent.  More of this.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    I just realized this thread has the potential to divide the forum.
  • I'm sane as well, can I join your club?
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Come on in.
  • I'm eating toast with butter and jam by putting it in my mouth, biting/tearing off a section, chewing and swallowing it.  I'm drinking coffee from a mug.  I'm not aware of any health issues, mental or physical, other than a pain in my wrist from an injury a few weeks ago, which is taking time to heal.  My girlfriend, who moved in a fortnight ago, is sleeping because she's nightshift.  It's sunny, so I will soon head out to some woods nearby to take photos on my compact, to work on composition and learn more about the effects of aperture size, shutter speed etc. on the pictures, before I consider a DSLR.  Last night I completed Sleeping Dogs.  That last bit isn't relative, I'm just pleased with myself.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    God I want this to become the middle class snobbery thread :)
  • Hello I went out for my birthday last night (I am not actually at my annual run over date yet so save it) with a group of friends from various parts of my life, I drank an incredible mix of stuff and have woken up with no hangover and I am just about to go with my girlfriend to Ikea cos wot wot Sunday. I am just about to start an access course and I work 2 days a week now, ism pretty healthy, eat well, go to the gym (but I've been I'll for a week) go to the cinema, eat out a fair few times a no th, save money and spend a decent amount of time reading or learning instruments and I have no mental issues apart from this huge and precarious ego trip which I am sure will pop sometime in the next 3 years.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    And of course your lorded over position as our supreme being.
  • I post a lot but no one truly loves me like they love you
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    I drive a hatchback built in 2009 and as such am better than people who drive hatchbacks of a similar class built at any time before then.  If I pay for a meal at a restaurant, it's mine and I reserve the right to not eat parts of it because I either don't feel like it or because I'm avoiding carbs.  

I live in a safe, leafy suburb and will speak sternly to anybody in my suburb about the dangers of 'lowering the tone' if they are not dressed appropriately.

I will often take up more than one car space because others are careless and might damage my car when they open the squealing door of their Sigma.  I don't bother acknowledging other drivers when they let me in to a lane or through a narrow street because I am entitled to these allowances.  I will slow down to a near stop in traffic when searching for the ideal parking spot because, again, I am entitled to it.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Skerret is reeling of a list of my pet hates there. Oddly all of them are driving related.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I don't have a car. Bus or bike coz I'm Clegg.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    I turn left from the right lane because I don't want to run the risk of scraping my wheels along the kerb.  I drive between two lanes, straddling the diving line so that others can't get in front of me and I have the option of turning either left or right if I feel like it. It's like reserving a table at a restaurant and I'll move when I'm good and ready thank you, just keep the water and olives coming.
  • After a couple of years where things seemed to be crumbling around me with work and loved ones, the last year has been one of relative normality.

I'm enjoying work more, I've lost one and a half stone over the last five months which has reaped many benefits, the missus is healthy and we look forward to building on this for the future.

It's sometimes hard to enjoy this normality as you feel there should be more to life, bigger house, kids, etc. but when your cards are dealt, you have to make the best hand with what you've got.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • I don't thank motorists when they stop for me at zebra crossings.

The biggest problem in my life at the moment is that I can afford the deposit on a decent house/flat but can't get a good mortgage because I've only been working for 2 years and they won't take into consideration my bonuses until I've been working for 3.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Turn off all media that tells you you need to continually improve.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Fuck me, it's like you're with me every time I drive to work Skerret.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    I'm right there with you bud.  Sometimes when I am stopped in traffic and preoccupied with Important Things, I don't bother indicating to turn right until I reach the intersection and/or the light turns green, because maybe I'll go straight instead of turning, even though I am 99% sure I want to turn.  You shouldn't be behind me anyway because for all you know I could turn right at any time, so if you beep me I won't understand what your problem is.
  • I like to think good manners on the road breeds good manners but it really is a lost cause. I am firm but courteous when the need arises, apart from when dealing with Range Rover drivers, they really are the biggest bell ends in all Christendom.

When parking, you're entitled to one space, that's what the white lines are for, any behaviour that deviates from this practice is just moronic.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • Yesterday morning I had my first violin lesson since I was thirteen. Right now I am eating a bowl of porridge with nothing on it. This afternoon I will draw some flowers.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    I brush my teeth twice a day.
  • I used to play violin at school but was never fully committed. I mimed my way through a schools concert at the Leeds Town Hall.
  • I have to return some videotapes.

I love my life tbh. This place adds value as required.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    I drive a Volvo.

I also shout at the TV. I hate reality TV and consider it the latest opiate of the masses. I hate how documentaries are dumbed down and how little content there is an any programme on commercial channels.

I hate the sight of pound shops (but not the use of..)

I use an iPod (but still like to buy CDs) and a Kindle (though I still like big coffee table books) and I still have a "regular" hifi separates system
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Nexx wrote:
    I don't thank motorists when they stop for me at zebra crossings.

God, I can't stand it when motorists give that little "you may pass peasant" hand flick.

• Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Highway code actually says not to wave people across. Since a car could be coming the opposite direction and splat them.
‹ Previous1234

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!