Today is the shadow of tomorrow.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Mmmmmhmmmm the trailer sparks ideas in my head about potential co-op. Maybe a second player as some Lumen Sage.

Guess i'm getting a Wii-U then. It seems comendable that Nintendo seem to be securing bound to be good third party games for the console.
  • I'm really surprised that 'gamers' are up in arms about it being a Nintendo exclusive, why the feck would a dev turn down a bunch of cash to make focus the team entirely on a machine that has twice the ram as everything else in the console space.  And as a 'gamer' wouldn't you want your favourite devs to make their stuff for the most powerful hardware around?
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    I'm actually relieved the Wii-U has some real magnets to attract me to it at last. Everything prior has been shrug worthy apart from that other Platinum exclusive.
  • Can we talk about controls now?
  • The 'gamers' up in arms are retards.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • The gamers should buy a WiiU.
  • Yep the other Platinum exclusive looks a lot of fun, Wonderful 101.  Really looking forward to some new hardware this Christmas :)
  • I presume fans are annoyed because they were expecting it to come out on PS3 and 360 and now they have to buy a new console instead.

But good for you Platinum securing that money from Nintendo for exclusivity. Im sure your work will reach far more customers during the launch window of a single new console than it will on the PS3 and 360.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Roujin wrote:
    But good for you Platinum securing that money from Nintendo for exclusivity. Im sure your work will reach far more customers during the launch window of a single new console than it will on the PS3 and 360.

It was being developed for 360 and PS3 until Sega went tits up and then cancelled it. Nintendo money is the only reason it's being made.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • I'm aware of that, but I'd still rather someone else published it that allowed me to play it.
  • I wonder what would have happened if Sony had it as a PS4 launch exclusive, any different opinions there?

Is it annoying because it's a Nintendo exclusive or an exclusive full stop?

Personally I'm quite happy to see shit hot stuff going exclusive for Wii U, it puts the pressure on MS and Sony to do the same.

And thank fuck Nintendo were happy to spend some cash on a niche title.  I imagine they got it for pretty cheap, they just paid Sega a bit for the rights, and funded the remaining development etc.  I cannot imagine Platinum ever doing an exclusive with MS or Sony, a year ago I would have said that about Ninty too!

Bless Sega for funding Platinum's first few games but you have to understand, they weren't exactly hits even though I/we loved em.
  • New consoles should be banned until I have money. It's annoying because it's on a console I can't have.
  • In that case my friend we should have a whip round.
  • Without Nintendo stepping in, it sounds like the game might never have been made. It being made is a very good thing, so even if I don't ever buy a Wii U I'm happy that this game exists.

Console exclusives are good. I wish there were more. It's also a damn good sign for those people who were worried Nintendo weren't going to be producing/funding top-tier games other than the COD/FIFA etc.
  • Without Nintendo stepping in, it sounds like the game might never have been made. It being made is a very good thing, so even if I don't ever buy a Wii U I'm happy that this game exists. Console exclusives are good. I wish there were more. It's also a damn good sign for those people who were worried Nintendo weren't going to be producing/funding top-tier games other than the COD/FIFA etc.

Does it do more damage to produce it and have it tank though? Not saying it will like, but it's a possibility.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    As much as I want to take Platinum's side against Sega's recent treatment of them I don't know what Sega are looking like financially. Let's be honest in admitting Anarchy Reigns probably wasn't going to be a big money grub for them in Europe. And as I remember, Bayonetta + Vanquish underperformed.
  • I'm not sure how it does more damage, Dante, unless the game would have eventually been released on other platforms if Nintendo hadn't stepped in. Sadly, we'll probably never know. 

Microsoft should have picked it up and worked it toward being a 720 launch title. That would have sold.
  • I'm really surprised that 'gamers' are up in arms about it being a Nintendo exclusive, why the feck would a dev turn down a bunch of cash to make focus the team entirely on a machine that has twice the ram as everything else in the console space.  And as a 'gamer' wouldn't you want your favourite devs to make their stuff for the most powerful hardware around?

Wasn't Bayonetta 2 already in development for current systems before Sega pulled the plug? I see this as a sign that Nintendo is either on the ball or trying to appear to be so, I'd like to think the former and that Wii-U might be a more interesting proposition as it seems to me that Nintendo are switched on to what I want. I'd like to see a Platinum 5 like the promised Capcom 5 from the GC era. To my recollection Bayonetta and Vanquish underperformed this gen, so maybe the likes of Platinum and Mikami might have more success on new Japanese Nintendo hardware. Then again, who knows - the majority of videogame money is spent by dickheads these days.

Ross Kemp Investigative Journalist
    Skullfuck yourself into a fine mist
  • WorKid wrote:
    Can we talk about controls now?

Can we?

I presume Wii U Pro Controller will be the way to go with this one? For the shoulder buttons that AFAIK the GamePad lacks.
  • The gamepad replicates everything on the pro controller plus the extra gubbins.
  • But it is horrendously unwieldy.

I'm actually somewhat worried that a Bayonetta sequel will loose the humour of the original and probably would have preferred a new IP using the engine and base mechanics.

I'm fine with it being a Nintendo exclusive, though; it means I'll actually have another reason to buy a WiiU when they release a new 3D Mario on it.
  • The gamepad replicates everything on the pro controller plus the extra gubbins.
    Shoulder buttons too?
  • Yes.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Hurray! This is what the wiiu needs..
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    The 'gamers' up in arms are retards.

I am now a retard. I don't think it's wrong to want the sequel to one of my favourite games to be released on my favourite console.

• Blame Sega.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    If it does well, Plat might be able to swing some multi format releases anyhow. Depending how strong the link is to Nintendo of course.
  • No chance.
  • Nintendo saved the game into existence there's no way it'll be out on anything else. (unless there's a huuuuuuuuuuuuge disaster and it gets released as a 4k remake in 6 years time)
  • Huzzah!

Everyone should just be thankful the game is happening, made by the original team etc. Nintendo have seriously impressed with this move. It could be seen as a way by them to gain the respect back from proper gamers, pumping a bit of money into an immensely appreciated title that its competitors turned their back on. It's the kind of announcement that immediately changes peoples expectations for the WiiU brand as a whole.
‹ Previous123456733

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!