Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - General Thread
  • Mine have been ordered a few weeks beforehand
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Well it's up on the Japanese store for the equivalent of 45 quid if anyone wants to have a bash.

Tempting, might get it this eve if I have time.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Amazing cobfirmee tomorrow for me. Who's around for some SHIT
  • I don't know what your first sentence means but I'm about for FNFK
  • Strikethrough doesn't work well on F
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Shit. Amazon confirmed tomorrow for me
  • What we using for chat and shit ?
  • Discord? Never used it personally but I imagine it'll do the job.
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii
    U: Birdorf, 3DS: 4382 3173 0928

Send message
    Someone should make a B&B Discord server.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I don't chat
  • Just shit
  • This is now £35 with Prime or £37 without from Amazon. They've price matched Tesco and the code is on the page.

My pre order has dispatched and they can't reimburse the £5 back to me so I have to order another copy and sent the first one back - what a bunch a wank but at least it's 35 quid I suppose
  • Didn't take long for software to drop from those ridiculous launch prices really did it.

Just like PS4 and XOne normality is slowly creeping in.

Now all they need to do is get a £20 price point for things like Bomberman.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • That's only because of Tesco's voucher
  • Kernowgaz wrote:
    That's only because of Tesco's voucher

£40?
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Kernowgaz wrote:
    That's only because of Tesco's voucher
    £40?

42 normally as  I've got Amazon prime , every other Switch game is expensive with them
  • Fair play, I was still expecting the £60 piss take tbh.

Things are improving at least.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    No shipping mail yet, order still confirmed to arrive tomorrow before 8PM. Don't think it'll arrive early enough to be able to play with anyone from here though, and I'm likely to be out this weekend. Next week for MP then. Getting used to it first in SP again. Really looking forward to this one.
  • Just got this for £34.99 off amazon, won't get it til 4th of may but I can wait for that price!
    Gamertag, PSN, NNID: mikemsp            3DS code: 3668 - 8117 - 9395

Currently playing: Bone
  • I can only see it at £41.99 on Amazon with a further £2 off for prime, did I miss it? 

Preparing to get stung for £50 in Game.
    I like to think I'm a CAN DO kind of guy...
    And the number of cans I can normally do is 12.
  • Scroll down the page on Amazon, there's a code to pasts in at the checkout.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Curtis wrote:
    Olimite wrote:
    Or me. Is it me or have Shop.to gotten really shit with their deliveries?
    I don't understand why anyone uses Shopto anymore. Just go Simply and get your shit two days early, standard.

Or you know, just go to the actual shops? I don't understand why anyone orders online and then proceeds to moan when it isn't delivered on time when you can just go to a shop and be guaranteed it there and then.
  • Everyone likes to both keep and eat cake.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Speedhaak wrote:
    Curtis wrote:
    Olimite wrote:
    Or me. Is it me or have Shop.to gotten really shit with their deliveries?
    I don't understand why anyone uses Shopto anymore. Just go Simply and get your shit two days early, standard.

Or you know, just go to the actual shops? I don't understand why anyone orders online and then proceeds to moan when it isn't delivered on time when you can just go to a shop and be guaranteed it there and then.

Unless it's sold out and/or more expensive in the shop which is obviously less convenient for a lot of people than ordering online.

I'll be nipping into Tesco or somewhere today to pick up my copy but only as it's a Friday and I get a half day, it wouldn't be so easy on a Tuesday.

I'd prefer to download it to be honest but again the cost and having to fork out for an SD card on top is another fly in the ointment.
  • The more expensive thing is kind of half the point. The more certainty you want for day 1 the more you will have to pay.
  • Just used the code to get £5 off Dirt4. Thanks! tiny print would of missed that.
    I like to think I'm a CAN DO kind of guy...
    And the number of cans I can normally do is 12.
  • I won the championship and a giant cheep cheep didn't explode and give me a trophy.I want a refund.

So, do any of the choices of vehicle type and tyres have any difference in terms of speed or purely cosmetic? What does the alarm/phone ringing noise on the left bumper do? And what's the pattern to getting a boost off the line? I can't seem to get the hang of it.
  • It's my birthday and I'm waiting on Amazon like a dick.
  • Had a quick play (I went digital, come at me) and it was very much what I expected. This is good.

I have a few queries.

Is 'smart steering' just a steering aid? The help section tells you that certain boosts don't work with it on, but it's not explicit. Also, at one point when selecting a vehicle, the L button switched an antenna on and off. I thought at first it was just cosmetic, but the options it was next to (like tilt steering) made me wonder if it was smart steer.

Also, I've read through the driving techniques. It says a little bit about the anti-gravity sections (a speed boost if you hit other karts) but not much else. Anything I need to know about them?

Is there any way to avoid / minimise the impact of the big fucking purple shell that regularly kicks me in the teeth, or the squid ink? Or does it give me plenty warning just to fuck with my mojo?
  • Turn smart steering off. It's literally for toddlers. And yes that's the antenna thing when it's (defaulty) enabled.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!