SNES mini
  • Saying MK was better on MD means nothing given it was a shit vs fighter.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • N64 one would surely require four controllers to be at all worthwhile?
  • Since MS are pretty cool with Rare stuff elsewhere on occasion, I wonder if an N64 classic might be a bit more than expected.

Standard games: Mario 64, Kart, Zelda OOT and Majora, Smash Bros, a Mario Party if the analog stick is good, probably Sin and Punishment, F Zero X, Paper Mario, Donkey Kong 64, Lylat Wars, Pilotwings, WaveRace, Kirby. 

Possible if licensing can be worked out: Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, Diddy Kong Racing or Banjo Kazooie

Other third party candidates: Ogre Battle 64, Goemon, Bomberman 64, maybe. 

By that time you have hit ~20 titles and thats about as much as you can expect. The thing will have to have 4 controllers, and the games would be mostly ones that are on virtual console services. 

Probably could expect at least one surprise though. Maybe a 64DD version of F Zero or maybe even the Ocarina master quest?
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    For N64, the controller replica would probably need to be done from scratch as they didn't do a Wii version. Also, they're quite bulky, increasing the pack size and thus costs. So it will be interesting to see what they do - they could go with an N64 mini next year that would probably be substantially more expensive or perhaps just reprint the NES mini instead.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Fuck me, been out of country for a while, get back and see this. Only biting because of Starfox 2 tbh, hoping there'll be a rip of the finished game somewhere.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    N64 for me would be mostly 1st party - but with you on Doom64.

If they pick the right games they could remodel the controller close to the little Hori controllers.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Vela wrote:
    . Maybe a 64DD version of F Zero ?

This. Even if they just added in the new cups and dropped the editor.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    hylian_elf wrote:
    Saying MK was better on MD means nothing given it was a shit vs fighter.

With you on that but MK2 on SNES was technically a very nice game with lots in it.
    poprock wrote:
    None of the Bitmap Bros stuff was as good on console as on the Amiga & ST.

I can't comment on Amiga or ST versions but Gods on SNES looked and sounded gorgeous and ran like lightning. I can't imagine it being better on anything else.
  • Yeah I'm not sure on Chaos Engine.

I didn't think anyone would bite so I didn't think it through.  I thought the SNES version was supposed to be ropey, but after a little digging, as poprock says, both ports were inferior (although SNES one seems to be the better of the two).
  • nick_md wrote:
    Fuck me, been out of country for a while, get back and see this. Only biting because of Starfox 2 tbh, hoping there'll be a rip of the finished game somewhere.
    Been circulating for a while hasn't it? Or is that an alpha?
  • Aye the USA might get the shan console but at least they get an AC Adapter with it.

(ftr, all ya need for the UK one is 1A usb plug and a USB-micro USB cable iirc)
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Yeah I'm not sure on Chaos Engine.
    I didn't think anyone would bite so I didn't think it through.  I thought the SNES version was supposed to be ropey, but after a little digging, as poprock says, both ports were inferior (although SNES one seems to be the better of the two).

SNES Chaos Engine had a slightly iffy framerate - it seemed to skip to keep the speed up instead of slowing down. I imagine the originals were smoother. I found it highly enjoyable on SNES though - it looked good and it ran quite quickly.

Gods on SNES was superb though.
  • Davy loves Gods pass it on :)
  • WorKid wrote:
    nick_md wrote:
    Fuck me, been out of country for a while, get back and see this. Only biting because of Starfox 2 tbh, hoping there'll be a rip of the finished game somewhere.
    Been circulating for a while hasn't it? Or is that an alpha?

Was unfinished, afaik
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Davy loves Gods pass it on :)

I lurve it
  • Kazuo wrote:
    These things sold out on the Nintendo store too? Can't find a trace of them on any site.

Not been made available on the their site yet. Tesco direct is also worth keeping an eye on, I managed to secure a miniNES for my brother on that site.

Seems production will be significantly higher this time around, & restocks may continue into Xmas, but once again, once 2017 closes that will be it. I've read Reggie say these are "1 off specials" for the fans & also read about production sustainability issues, but it does leave me a little baffled that they don't keep the productions lines ticking over a little longer. It's almost like they got to much money.

• monkey wrote:
    Super Tennis, Pilotwings and Chrono Trigger should be on there if it's trying to be definitive. Cybernator, UN Squadron and Super R-Type would have been nice as well but that's really more personal preference. They've done pretty well with that line up though.

^^ This.

That was awkward and unsettling, never post anything like it again.
  • Managed to grab a GAME preorder before the website combusted.

Looking forward to Mario Kart and Yoshis Island on a big tv. Oh and ive never played Link to the past so theres that too....

Snes was the first console i bought with my own cash so im excited for this
    PSN - minkymu
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Link to the Past. First and last Zelda game I completed. Quite, quite, brilliant.  The cartridge comes with a sealed hint book - I wonder if that wlll be in the digital manual.

SNES was first console I bought with my own money too. Halcyon days. My NES was bought with my student grant (remember those?). SNES was funded from my monthly salary.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Shoulda pre-ordered several of 'em - could have been the first console you bought that paid for itself.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    My three PS2s paid for themselves, well gthey paid for the one I kept. Admittedly I did feel a bit guilty afterwards but hey
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Just managed to get one from the Nintendo store. Received an email link as I 'registered my interest' earlier today.
  • Same. Everyone get on it. It's 70 quid there!!!
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Nah, you're alright.
  • I've ordered two, so there's one for any Badger who wants one.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    Nah, you're alright.

-_-
  • Back for pre order on the official site
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • Bear in mind that Zavvi take payment now.
  • Srsly?  It's out of stock on the Nintendo store but there's a note that says one per customer.

EDIT:  At Skondo

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!