Pro Wrestling
  • I just like Samoa joe the best. He feels like a modern wrestler to me- makes the fighting look like fighting while playing under wrestling rules.
  • wheres dante, he'll know who is actually gonna win
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • SD was messy. Seemed stupid for baron to lose it that way.
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • mk64 wrote:
    SD was messy. Seemed stupid for baron to lose it that way.

Incredibly stupid, apparently Vince went off him because of the promo with Cena. I don't think he realises that he has 12 months to have him cash it in.

So remember Jericho's special guest appearance a few weeks back? Turns out the reason for it is because he was there filming Southpaw regional wrestling season 2, which is now up on YouTube.

As for Summerslam, I'm not sure on the winner of the Universal Title. It's either Joe to win, or Brock to retain, I can't see Braun getting it yet, or Roman winning at this point. Joe makes a whole heap of sense, but I also can't see Brock leaving just yet. I'd guess that the future has a Fin Balor-Brock match in it, and I can't see how that happens without the title.

Still, if I'm wrong and Joe takes it, it will still be a cracking night.
  • HBK dressed as Colonel Sanders to shill KFC. 

SummerSlam 30 everyone.
  • lol, just finished it. Catching up from being away. Loved the fatal four way. I was really dubious but they pulled it off. 

Styles vs KO was the let down of the night for me.
  • I like this roode guy. His music is catchy af
  • mk64 wrote:
    I like this roode guy. His music is catchy af

Some might even say its glorious.

Ahem. Robert Roode is an interesting wrestler. He is very highly regarded but I think he is more in the style of a triple h or randy orton. Great at what he does but not a huge amount of wow factor (nothing wrong with that)

Apart from his time in the Beer Money Tag Team I dont think I've ever been amazed by a Roode match and even then, Beer Money regular took on the Motor City Machine Guns, one of TNAs best in ring tag teams.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Nice to see a host of new talent coming in though.

Liked the interesting promo between reigns and cena last week. Cutting. Really trying to ramp it up but I got the feeling there is some genuine animosity?

Roode reminds me of styles with short hair.

Where will they go next with jinder?
  • mk64 wrote:
    Nice to see a host of new talent coming in though.

Liked the interesting promo between reigns and cena last week. Cutting. Really trying to ramp it up but I got the feeling there is some genuine animosity?

Maybe he's changed since the TNA years but Roode has none of the high impact moves that styles has. Still a good hand though. Maybe it's because I saw a lot of him when I watch TNA that he just feels a bit stale to me.

Regarding the cena reigns promo, it reminds me of the cena v rock stuff. Cena may have made his money off child friendly promos but he can do much more realistic stuff when he needs to.
    SFV - reddave360
  • mk64 wrote:
    Nice to see a host of new talent coming in though.

Maybe he's changed since the TNA years but Roode has none of the high impact moves that styles has. Still a good hand though. Maybe it's because I saw a lot of him when I watch TNA that he just feels a bit stale to me.

Regarding the cena reigns promo, it reminds me of the cena v rock stuff. Cena may have made his money off child friendly promos but he can do much more realistic stuff when he needs to.
    SFV - reddave360
  • roode doesn't seem to have a high impact finisher - if he does I don't remember it in the three or so matches i've watched. 

Is it a version of the swingshot/switchblade or something? 

What do you think of Elias? his gimmick seems a bit waffly but it is different

Emma and Mickey and some of the new women are terrible.
  • No, Emma is amazing. What WWE are doing with her is awful.
  • she seems gash in the ring
  • No, Emma is amazing. What WWE are doing with her is awful.

No doubt her booking has been piss poor but amazing is a stretch isn't it? I haven't seen enough of her stuff but I didn't get the impression she was charlotte/ becky/ sasha level in nxt.
    SFV - reddave360
  • mk64 wrote:
    she seems gash in the ring

She's been in the ring on Raw???
  • yeah she was on raw or smack down in some tag team match or something the other week. She was poor.
  • It was a joke about the fact they never use her.
  • She was good but not four horsewomen good (and subsequent) good.

Her heel nxt gimmick was fun though.
  • I found her awkward dance/ ring entrance in nxt extremely cute.
    SFV - reddave360
  • SD was odd this week. Where are they going with Shane and KO? 

Pleased nakamura beat the viper clean.

Also the princess of staton island is becoming interesting, still odd that they're doing the ellsworth thing.. 

No Glorious Roode this week :( but they did push Tye and English.

It's really telling when Styles doesn't wrestle for a week. 

Whens the next ppv? 

Strowman vs Bigshow was a bit random on raw but an interesting match/watchable.
  • RedDave2 wrote:
    I found her awkward dance/ ring entrance in nxt extremely cute.

God, I hated that.

Next PPV is No Mercy, unless you meant Smackdown specifically, which is Hell in a Cell. For once, the cell makes sense for the title match.

BigStrow was a fun match, loved the elbow.
  • I'd never seen him do the elbow before as it predates me. Strowman didn't seem very well positioned for a good connection but he took off anyway. 

Liked the throw through the cage at the end. 

Strowman/Lesnar is the only match i'm hyped for right now although Cena and Reigns has me interested to how they will spice it up.
  • @Dante as a guy in the know, how come Corbin Benson has been treated to job status and poor push of late? Wasn't too long ago he was clotheslining stroman out of the rumble.
    SFV - reddave360
  • his promos aren't that credible. 

Also Dante, I still don't get the fuss about the eater of worlds, his promos are just fucking gibberish. He goes from wrestler to wrestler saying he'll eat their hearts or some shit. There's no good reason for why he says what he says. Otherwise it's just the biggest overreaction in the world ever. 

Ooh, this guy interrupted my match - now i want to destroy his soul and go deep about his essence.. it's just odd but not in a good way.
  • Apparently Corbin pissed a lot of people off with his attitude and tweets (one of which may have accidently dissed an army guy and vince et al love all army shit).

Bray keeps losing and so his world eating chit chat is so hollow by now you wonder why he bothers.
  • Oh silly corbin. Never diss the troops.

're Bray, his booking is so odd. The way the announcers put him over and his promos go, he needs to be a killer. He is a big enough guy but he needs a more vicious move set. Even if he doesn't get the pin every match, he needs to dominate. Not sure if that's down to him or the booking. The only time he has looked good to me was when they let him win the chamber match. They built him well for a few months (and then fed him to Randy who didn't need to win the mania match)

SFV - reddave360
  • RedDave2 wrote:
    @Dante as a guy in the know, how come Corbin Benson has been treated to job status and poor push of late? Wasn't too long ago he was clotheslining stroman out of the rumble.

It's a combination of things. Apparantly Vince lost faith in him because of the poor promos with Cena, but he also got a lot of heat for publicly arguing with a doctor in a backstage meeting about concussions. He was part the concussion lawsuit brought against the NFL a couple of years ago, and the doctor was accused of covering up evidence for the NFL, so when he downplayed the link between concussions and CTE, this riled Corbin up.

You'd think the locker room would have been more sympathetic to him, given that several wrestlers have been known to suffer from it, but as mentioned by Crayon, the Twitter spat that he had with Dave Meltzer and the ex squaddie seems to have pissed people off, so he may well have had no nsympathy because of that.
  • Bray is just bad booking. They never give him the win. They book in in weird, shit matches, like the Wyatt Family Compound match and the House of Horrors bollocks, and then don't use that shit logically.

Why did Bray win in the house, and get in the car for Randy to turn up at the arena just after? Bray is the one who can teleport. Have Randy get there, grab a mic and start spouting off, only to be cut off by the lights going out and Bray appears.

Apparently Vince doesn't get why Bray, or the Wyatt family is popular. Like genuinely has no idea, which is why they are so badly booked.
  • And similar for the women's division. And the cruisers. And most babyfaces.
    SFV - reddave360

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!