Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    More boutique beer bars than yu can poke a stick at.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Questor
    Show networks
    Steam
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/questornz/

Send message
    There's apparently a new craft beer place opening (may already be open) in Moonee Ponds - Penny Young I think it's called
  • I'm not really a fan of meatball and wine bar. I've had mixed results. Some really dry meatballs that we're a bit meh. They had a special that was boar that was really good though.
  • Questor
    Show networks
    Steam

Send message
    I've never had a bad experience at the one in Richmond, the one on Flinders Lane can be a bit hit and miss
  • Ah, well I went to the Flinders one so that makes sense
  • So I have the 6th, 7th, 8th and 9th off. What we doin?
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    I'm off after 3 on Friday and weekend isn't petty flexible, what we doin. I suggest maybe dinner/drink Friday afternoon/eve, GOR and Otways on Saturday if you want natural sights, choice brunch on Sunday. Could do a gig if there's any choice ones that take your fancy.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
  • Questor
    Show networks
    Steam

Send message
    So I have the 6th, 7th, 8th and 9th off. What we doin?

Drinking and eating great food?
  • Questor wrote:
    So I have the 6th, 7th, 8th and 9th off. What we doin?

Drinking and eating great food?

So, should update on this:

I'm at Hainan airport now and about to take my internal flight. We'll stay one night in Guangzhou and then fly to Sydney.

We will arrive in Sydney on the 4th, late, and stay one night, then get a flight the next morning to Melbs.

So, our time in Melbourne will be:

5th - Afternoon and Evening.
    6th - all day (market with face and Mrs in the morning)
    7th - all day
    8th - morning.

We will fly out on the late afternoon / early evening of the 8th.

The 7th is the missus' and I's first wedding anniversary, so I'd like to keep lunch or dinner available for us, but we're otherwise available and drinks will still be happening on that evening.
  • Okay cool. Maybe dinner on the 7th if a lunch anniversary isn't too unromantic? Otherwise can just meet you after for drinks.

Which market are you going to? I'm free the 6th but if it's queen Vic then I'll probably not come as the ex's family has stalls there and I'd like to avoid all that. But can meet after or, if you're keen, drive you down to Lorne on the great ocean road? It's not the 12 apostles but you can do it in a lot less time which would mean you could be back in Melbourne for dinner and it's still very pretty. Could take it the smidge further to Kennet river where it's pretty much guaranteed wild koalas.

Also, I invited the destiny crew to Saturday night. I hope you don't mind but figured they'd probably like to meet you and vice versa. At this stage I think it's only Tim and Robb that can make it.
  • Questor
    Show networks
    Steam

Send message
    I'm new here I know, but I am around on Friday and Saturday :)
  • Yes it's Vic market. Sorry.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Tim's coming? I'll dress as a moth.
  • Okay cool. Maybe dinner on the 7th if a lunch anniversary isn't too unromantic? Otherwise can just meet you after for drinks.

Which market are you going to? I'm free the 6th but if it's queen Vic then I'll probably not come as the ex's family has stalls there and I'd like to avoid all that. But can meet after or, if you're keen, drive you down to Lorne on the great ocean road? It's not the 12 apostles but you can do it in a lot less time which would mean you could be back in Melbourne for dinner and it's still very pretty. Could take it the smidge further to Kennet river where it's pretty much guaranteed wild koalas.

Also, I invited the destiny crew to Saturday night. I hope you don't mind but figured they'd probably like to meet you and vice versa. At this stage I think it's only Tim and Robb that can make it.

I'm up for a drive on the 6th, after market stuff. I think Skerret also offered / wanted to do the drive with the missus and I, so we can either do it as a foursome, or I give Skerret first refusal (since he offered way back).

Regarding the Destiny crew - they mentioned it yesterday when we raided and I'm more than happy. Haven't known them for long but they're an awesome bunch and have increased my enjoyment of the game no end, even if playing with them is like herding cats!

Full disclosure: I ducking hate Koalas. However, the missus would love to see Koalas, so I'll take one for the team.

Finally, for Saturday night, I'll be relying on you guys to pick a venue.
    Questor wrote:
    I'm new here I know, but I am around on Friday and Saturday :)

The more the merrier, dude - we're having big Saturday night dinner / drinks so please feel free to come along.

One last question - any good recommendations for an evening / afternoon activity for when we arrive on the 5th? Something central-ish would be appreciated...
  • Where are you staying?
  • Carlton area. Sorry, I mentioned it on PS4 party chat, but forgot that I hadn't mentioned it here. My bad.

I was ok with the lot you sent me (and you did mention Carlton, so thanks) but the missus wanted something more central.
  • Don't go down Lygon St for Italian. Tourist trap. Might be some good in there, but I can't deal with it.

Trying to think what's on.
  • Thanks.

Hyped as fuck for Ozstock!
  • Questor
    Show networks
    Steam

Send message
    DOC up near Cinema Nova is really good Italian - but I agree that the bottom end of Lygon St is overpriced Tourist central...
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
  • Thanks, looking over those now.
  • Questor wrote:
    DOC up near Cinema Nova is really good Italian - but I agree that the bottom end of Lygon St is overpriced Tourist central...

I also agree with DOC. It's my fave pizza.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
  • So how many is it for Saturday?

Me, Skerret, Face (plus one?), Quest (plus one?), Tim, Robb, Mr and Mrs Child?

8 at a min. Hmmmm, I wonder if maybe we should just rock up to chin chin early (like 5/530) and try and get a table there? What do you think? I know you can book groups so could also look into that.

Or anyone else have a good spot for groups in mind?
  • I'm 50/50 for saturday. Missus is flying out to Honiara for work and I need to sort babysitting.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    I may also be 50-50 now given gf is flying back in v late Friday.  We'll see though, I'll prioritise it.
  • I have now landed and am in Australia. Woot.

And don't put yourselves out if Saturday is a hassle. We can meet up other times while I'm in Melbs.
  • I'm balls deep in this plan Cinty, don't worry.
  • So, it seems that my Aus sim is data only (no number). That's a pisser but I was in a rush and the place was closing, so I didn't have time to do more than buy a cheap sim with data.

I hate to ask this but do any of the aid lot here use iPhones as that's iMessage coming into play. Otherwise, I can sort of whatsapp.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!