Golf Story
  • Nina wrote:
    Pff, need to find something to dig with for someone in the second area, I'm obviously missing something here... Did find a couple of new quests in the first area that I must have missed first time, and I found something that looks useful but I can't interact with that.  Never thought a golf game would have made me doubt my ability to do puzzles.
    Spoiler:
    I like to think I'm a CAN DO kind of guy...
    And the number of cans I can normally do is 12.
  • I'm having problems with Galf, is it essential to story progression ? I can't seem to exit it once I've played and some times the ball disappears and teh shadow just randomly floats across the screen?
  • Nina wrote:
    Pff, need to find something to dig with for someone in the second area, I'm obviously missing something here... Did find a couple of new quests in the first area that I must have missed first time, and I found something that looks useful but I can't interact with that.  Never thought a golf game would have made me doubt my ability to do puzzles.

There's an item mentioned in Bob's spoiler.  I picked up said item relatively early, but still took a little time to dig with it because...
    Spoiler:
    I had a similar problem with the...
    Spoiler:
    ...because I'd somehow failed to realise there was a run button.  My daughter thought this was hilarious.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Guess I must have it then.
    Spoiler:

I do know about the run button so at least there's that.
  • Bob wrote:
    I'm having problems with Galf, is it essential to story progression ? I can't seem to exit it once I've played and some times the ball disappears and teh shadow just randomly floats across the screen?

My daughter had the exact same problem.  The whole thing just locked up, and we had to reset the system.  I've suggested she avoid Galf entirely for now, but don't know if it's necessary later on?
  • It’s optional. I beat the whole game last night and id only played one hole of galf.
  • It’s optional. I beat the whole game last night and id only played one hole of galf.

That's great, thanks.  No Galf for us then.
  • tin_robot wrote:
    It’s optional. I beat the whole game last night and id only played one hole of galf.
    That's great, thanks.  No Galf for us then.

Me neither.. It's the one joke that out stayed it's welcome anyway.
  • Can you lot please spell golf right please.
  • Spoiler:

GALF.
  • Can you lot please spell golf right please.

Is that a joke?
  • Lol. Can never tell with you my son.
  • We’re not bothering spoilering stuff in here, then. Ace.
  • Bob wrote:
    Nina wrote:
    Spoiler:

Yeah we are

• Andy wrote:
    We’re not bothering spoilering stuff in here, then. Ace.

Ah sorry. To my mind it was QoL so worthy of non spoilering.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Turned out I already had that spoilered item. Got past that bit, and there's definitely a lot to like about this. Like how casually the most out of place ideas get thrown in.
    Spoiler:

Am now able to go to the third area. Haven't entered yet as I was distracted by something that's just East of it on the map.
    Spoiler:
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    So I'm into a large area later on, and doing some very non golf stuff - it's the
    Spoiler:

I'm needing help specifically with getting
    Spoiler:

Any help?
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Of course I cocking solve it right after posting.

Of course.
  • Finally got a chance to play this again today.  It remains utterly charming, and weirdly buggy.  In addition to the Galf Incident, I had it lock up again completely, twice.  (Locations are mildly spoilery but both relatively early.)
    Spoiler:
    We also had a couple of two player games, which were fun right up until my daughter stormed off in a sulk because of my amazing skills/outrageous luck.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Anyone who has finished it know how close I am to the end?
  • You need to do at least
    Spoiler:
  • Is this not just a golf game then?
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • It’s like other rpgs where you do stupid shit in between the main tasks of the game.

It also has this weird thing where the world map can have golf played on it at any time which sets up various mini challenges while you just pootle around.
  • Well at least it's doing something a bit different then I suppose.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • It’s like other rpgs where you do stupid shit in between the main tasks of the game.

It also has this weird thing where the world map can have golf played on it at any time which sets up various mini challenges while you just pootle around.

When you say the world map you mean when your on the actual courses not the over world map?

• Yeah. I guess more accurately “the villages” parts of the world. I guess I didn’t get the words right but I wanted to convey that you did golfing shit outside of the prescribed course areas.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!