The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Wild West
  • Escape wrote:
    Rushing to the end's no bother, it's just a question of how much you're shortchanging yourself.

This, as they say.  I'd rather shortchange myself than spend 100hrs on a single game - any game, Trials excluded - so I'm happy for the majority of the stuff on the other side of the mountains etc to remain unseen.  I've done my share of pootling in this, as mentioned, will do more before the credits, just not as much as most.  I finished RDR in 11hrs and would place it as a highlight of the previous gen.  Stopped playing Mario 3D World at the credits too, and that's my favourite plumber game (with supposedly the best post-game of the lot).  Never replayed a single stage of Bayonetta, haven't played Nex Machina since the arcade mode credits rolled (sorry Jon!), didn't pick up a single feather in Assassin's Creed 2.  Horses for courses, I enjoy my regular approach though.
  • If you rush through the game you’re missing the entire point of the game.
  • Anyone looking to finish it in the minimum possible time should probably play something else, agreed.  It feels like there's plenty to be gained from a 50hr run at it though.
  • I've completed it and played for 120 hrs , the most I've ever played a game . There's still loads of things left to do and find still .

For me , it's the best game I've ever played .
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • 160 hours on BotW. Will be revisiting.

800+ hours on Dark Souls.

1800+ hours (shudder) on Destiny.
  • Where's DS with his FM stats.
  • So there's a lot of talk here on how long we've played.

How about we try and break it down a bit to see what we've done with our time.

Time: 45-50hrs
    Divine Beasts: 3/4
    Shrines: 47/120
    Memories: 6/12
    Side Quests: 17/76
    Korok Seeds: 27/900

I'm aiming for everything but the Korok Seeds, fuck that shit.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Time: 30-35hrs
    Divine Beasts: 3
    Shrines: 20
    Memories: 7
    Side Quests: 12
    Korok seeds: 9

I'm aiming for maybe half the shrines and a healthy number of side quests (25ish).  Will use a guide for any missing memories before gunning for Ganon (via hell).
  • Time: 155-166hrs
    Divine Beasts: 4
    Shrines: 120
    Memories: Complete
    Side Quests: All done except the trial of the sword.
    Korok seeds: 110

Just 2 trails left to do. The 1st would of probably been easier if I remembered that I had bombs on tap, still enjoyed the self imposed challenge.
    Apart from this week, the last few months have just been casual amiibo scanning for the outfit. That said, you think with the hours I have sunk into this puppy I'd bloody remember that I had bombs in 2 flavours. I'm getting to old....

This week has not seen me at my best as I return to Hyrule properly it seems...

• How do you know where you have/haven't found korok seeds, and can you set the tablet to look for them?
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I think the thing with this is it's actually quite pleasant and presents a nice setting that you want to be immersed in despite the gameplay experience often being quite unforgiving and challenging. I already completed this on Wii U but having upgraded to Switch without being able to transfer save data I'm still enjoying pootling about in some virtual fields for its own sake, even though my progress has gone in the bin.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    @Moot, they will show up as an icon on your map, at least the found Korok's. The DLC has a Korok mask that will move if you're near an undiscovered Korok. 

I really should get that, put on some music, Zelda in handheld mode and just walk around, looking for Korok's. I've found over 200 I think, and each of them was a joy to find. 

Time: 140 hours
    Divine Beasts: 4
    Shrines: 120 <10 found with a screenshot of a completed set (my brother made photo's)
    Memories: complete
    Side Quests: not sure, how do you know how many there are in total?
    Korok seeds: 200+

I know I don't have all sidequests done
    Spoiler:
    so I'm curious how you all know the total of sidequests available, I thought it didn't mention that ingame? I don't think I've gone back to every village after doing most of the stuff, so I'm pretty sure there will be some missed quests that I never started.
  • I Googled it when I did my post, it said there's 76.

edit: I had to Google everything apart from DBs and Memories tbh.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Pwned Ganon. Managed it first try, admittedly with only half a heart left. Fun fight, but
    Spoiler:
    . I was probably a bit OP for the fight; I would guess I doubled my play time from completing the fourth Divine Beast, so I had some epic gear. Half a hear was down to forgetting to cook anything.

Overall? Not better than OoT. But if you suggest it is, this'll be the only Zelda I won't slap you for. The first Zelda since OoT that felt like exploring a real world. Skyward, Twilight, etc were good, but you could see the strings, if you see what I mean.

I'll post stats later.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • I competed the quest in about 25 hours, I believe. Did all the DBs and the majority of shrines. I didn't bother with any side quests, because I knew I'd want to go back again one day and have a different experience.
  • Did all the shrines.

Haven't done all memories yet.

Side quests are fairly poo so probably won't bother.

Koroks can get to fuck.

I got quite some way into a three heart run which was brilliant fun, before other games came along.

I recommend giving it a go if anyone wants more mileage out of the game but can't handle the Master Quest, it's properly immersive. I set out some rules for myself such as no shrines (obviously) no fast travel, or towers. Basically no loading screens. Ever.

It makes any encounter a properly intense experience and stealth and avoidance are the key.

It's great, but I wish they'd have done more with the Master Quest and made it about survival with limited inventory.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Nina wrote:
    Side Quests: not sure, how do you know how many there are in total?

Yeah, I'd like to know this, too.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Retro Googled it. 

2nd DB down. Was great fun. Still a bit easy but fun none the less. Was happy that I got all chests I think but the last one took some looking around and then it was just 100 rupees. Oh well.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • What DB was that elf?
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Rudania. The Goron one.

70 hours
    2 DBs
    35 shrines
    109 Korok seeds
    18 side quests
    3 memories
  • Cool, that's the last one I have to do.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    From Wiiless memory:

Time: 127
    Divine Beasts: 4/4
    Shrines: 101/120
    Memories: 12/12
    Side Quests: 52?/76
    Korok Seeds: 118?/900

@Moot_Geeza, you won't be missing much if you forgo hearts, but do concentrate on stamina (I used a 4:1 ratio, but 2:1's okay). Use the statue for a temporary 13 hearts. A handful of shrines offer the best weapons, so use the map for the Guardian IVs if you wanna tool-up. But in the grand scheme, the shrines are mostly busywork. Only a few are rewarding in terms of gameplay, and since you have to forage to find those, I'd ditch them as soon as you have 10 hearts and at least two wheels of stamina.

For sidemissions, Kass' are worth using a guide for, do Eventide if you haven't, and the three mazes are a good idea. Don't upgrade any clothes beyond L2, and I'd only recommend upgrading the Lionel set at all. Unless you do a lot of swimming, the others are all weak upgrades. Tarrey's a drag for very little reward, so skip that. You've no need for any of the special horses, and I never used the Tech Lab after its first three upgrades. Didn't need Link's storage, either. Korok your slots a few times, but only for main weapons, not bows or shields.
  • Most of the side quests don't offer much in physical rewards but they definitely help flesh out the world with character & charm.

Also my appreciation for the story increased once I watched all the memories in order.

It's not my fav Zelda(still MM) but like Swirly said, first one to recapture OOT feeling of exploration.
  • Taking of hours sunk into Zelda, I think Birdy tops my friend list even tho he has not had a switch for month's at 220 hours.

@Birdoff did you fall asleep in Hyrule?
  • He’s started his 100 year nap.
  • Lol. Can someone spoiler the Kass quest? I'm fairly sure I've done it but the noise from his bellows did my head in.
  • Escape wrote:
    @Moot_Geeza, you won't be missing much if you forgo hearts, but do concentrate on stamina (I used a 4:1 ratio, but 2:1's okay). Use the statue for a temporary 13 hearts. A handful of shrines offer the best weapons, so use the map for the Guardian IVs if you wanna tool-up. But in the grand scheme, the shrines are mostly busywork. Only a few are rewarding in terms of gameplay, and since you have to forage to find those, I'd ditch them as soon as you have 10 hearts and at least two wheels of stamina. For sidemissions, Kass' are worth using a guide for, do Eventide if you haven't, and the three mazes are a good idea. Don't upgrade any clothes beyond L2, and I'd only recommend upgrading the Lionel set at all. Unless you do a lot of swimming, the others are all weak upgrades. Tarrey's a drag for very little reward, so skip that. You've no need for any of the special horses, and I never used the Tech Lab after its first three upgrades. Didn't need Link's storage, either. Korok your slots a few times, but only for main weapons, not bows or shields.

TVM8

• ...and I can't get to the 4th Shrine on the Plateau without freezing to death or being kill by orcs.

I'm fucking terrible at games.

(this may become my new tagline)

x
  • Tarry town is great but not from a min max point of view.
  • ...and I can't get to the 4th Shrine on the Plateau without freezing to death or being kill by orcs. I'm fucking terrible at games. (this may become my new tagline) x

If it helps, I think I died more there than at any other point.

Well, barring one notorious arrow fetching incident...

There are things you can do to make it easier:  (Obviously spoilers)
    Spoiler:

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!