Xbox One X - Enhanced Edition Bonerstroke Megathread
‹ Previous123456723
  • xbox-one-x-ed.jpg

B1xGU96.gif

With the release of the XOX Bone MegaBoxx, this is the thread to discuss the Xbox One and Xbox 360 games that will feature X enhancements, Ultra HD 4K and HDR options.  Click the link below to check the current list.

Xbox.com Megalist
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • Reserved
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • Reserved
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Chess Ultra 

wP1hS9T.gif
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Hooray, The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion is getting the 4K treatment!

Anyway, I’m in for one of these. It’s about time my TV got around to properly flexing its 4K muscles. Only game I’m actually getting is Assassins Creed: Origin.
    Get schwifty.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Obviously would be nice to have one, cos shinies, but no 4K or HDR TV = now conceivable way I can justify (even for extra 1080 jazz).  Have fun tho peeps!
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Think I might fire up FH3 first thinking about it. It already looks nice so will hopefully look sexeh.
  • Preordered and cash in teh bank. Purchased FH3, COD WW2 and Gears 4 for shinies. Old bone backed up to hd and all 4k updates ticked ready to download.

7th and 8th off work. 4k samsung tv set up and waiting. Boom.

Choo choo hype train boarded.
    PSN - minkymu
  • Forgive negative Nelly post:

Watched a vid of H3 upgrades. Digital foundry styles. Not what I would use as a system seller. Differences almost impossible to see.

Just seemed bizarre as it was a MS vid.

Also, watched a review of Elex last night. It's out on pc too. Unless it's patched to Kingdom come:I Avoid.

(granted that has nothing specific to do with bone x.)

Carry on.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Super shines on the newer titles is cool though. Have seen gt running on good TV in a few shops. Wow.
  • Can’t wait. Ass Creed, CoD, Forza 7, Gears, Wolfenstein, QB, Doom and Shadow of War will be my first few. H5 will look pretty stunning with the HDR update too. Make room on your HD’s peeps as Gears 4 now takes up 100GB.
    Facewon wrote:
    Forgive negative Nelly post:

Watched a vid of H3 upgrades. Digital foundry styles. Not what I would use as a system seller. Differences almost impossible to see.
    I don’t quite think they’re using it as a system seller. You watch it on a 4K panel? I like that they’re bothering to have the emulator present the best picture etc that it can, just doing it for the few that’ll enjoy said title from time to time. It’s much smoother and there’s way less jaggies, the 10-bit colour effects for Halo in particular will be nice too.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Enjoy ya toys lads. On a personal level if I ever wanted to go a 4k route I'd get a pimp ass PC. I still play a lot of things in 720p so no rush here.
  • Er...I may have missed something on Webbin's list there, but are they not doing a Xbox One version of Destiny 2?  Or are Bungie happy with the PC version being the definitive version, graphically speaking?
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Facewon wrote:
    Forgive negative Nelly post:

Just seemed bizarre as it was a MS vid.

Also, watched a review of Elex last night. It's out on pc too. Unless it's patched to Kingdom come:I Avoid.

(granted that has nothing specific to do with bone x.)

Carry on.

Bone question (boom boom) but you were watching it on a 4k HDR capable screen weren't you?
  • Blocks100 wrote:
    Er...I may have missed something on Webbin's list there, but are they not doing a Xbox One version of Destiny 2?  Or are Bungie happy with the PC version being the definitive version, graphically speaking?

They’ve not said anything but I imagine it’ll only get the same bump the Pro has the checkerboard 4k. It could handle clear 4K and 60fps but it seems as if the Destiny PS4 deal is too tight to have another console have the better version. Shame really but it’ll be nice in checkerboard 4K.
  • Which is a shame as D2 would shine even more than it does now in 4K. Is the PC version only limited to 1080p?
  • Webbins wrote:
    Which is a shame as D2 would shine even more than it does now in 4K. Is the PC version only limited to 1080p?

No no, 4k and uncapped framerate. Best version unfortunately. Having some trouble with a number of overlay programs though, banned a number of people with some really innocent programs such as a screen icon letting you know your system temp etc! Be sorted soon I imagine.
  • Nope. I wasn't. I realise they're not leading with it. And it is nice, but it just seemed odd in that compared to other before and after vids it was not that spectacular.

I was watching on my laptop.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    That's a bit like the dvd adds on a VHS blockbuster rental.

"look how much sharper dvd is, over 4 times the detail and pin sharp audio"

The best your going to see it at on your laptop is the (presumably?) 1080 non hdr output.
  • I guess I'm not target market. But I guess all I'm saying is it's worth considering how your shinny looks on less than optimal gear so it can still help impress folks.

This might just be a framerate thing, but d2 pc springs to mind.

Watching the pc trailer on youtube on my Laptop and I got super hype. Noticeable upgrade over console.

Anyhoo. Don't want to be trolling. Totes not trying to. Carry on.
  • Nice title. I'd be interested if there was a push for better frame rate but I'll hold off until I get a 4k TV. I'm sure some titles will do similar to PS pro where it lets you choose res or frame but their focus seems more on the 4k part for 1st party.

Seeing Last Guardian on normal PS4 after finishing it on pro really sold me on my purchase.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    if I ever wanted to go a 4k route I'd get a pimp ass PC.

I remember upgrading my PC in the '90s, and following each I unlocked access to about half a dozen previously unplayables. But these days, you can spend a grand on a PC for two or three games, and then your machine's wheezing after a few years when the next ones come along.
  • Progress (Moore's Law) has slowed a fair bit recently though due to manufacturing difficulties at those small scales, scalabilty of processor design, and lack of serious competition in some cases. And many games being produced are still heavily limited by the constraints of the consoles, a modern high end CPU has buckets of headroom for future games 5 years or more from now (though high refresh rates may be less achievable perhaps).
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    If I had the money, I'd wait for Ryzen and whatever the one-below-top GPU is by then. But I'd only play Breath of the Wild and Battlegrounds, and, erm... and that's just not good value. So what I'm saying is that the X is appealing in theory (I still can't afford it), but I wish they'd waited another year for a major CPU jump, and of course I wish that they also had the PS4's games.

A superconsole's a great idea if at least two of the big three share it as a much-cheaper-than-PC powerhouse platform. If a handful of games were available for PC, such as Uncharted 4, The Last Guardian, Breath of the Wild, WipEout Omega, Red Dead Redemption 2, The Last of Us 2... well, then it'd be no contest.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    It's quite a sexy little thing imo.

• Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    Seriously considering cancelling but as it's the limited edition I am torn. My TV is rubbish and the only chance of getting a new one is if this one bites the bullet.
  • Olimite wrote:
    Seriously considering cancelling but as it's the limited edition I am torn. My TV is rubbish and the only chance of getting a new one is if this one bites the bullet.

Sabotage it...
  • Olimite wrote:

I'm hopefully going 4k in the new year, my old Tosh 1080 is clinging on but showing its age. There are the other benefits besides 4k; supersampling, load times, framerates, dynamic resolution...
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    What is an X upgrade??

It obviously isn't 4K or HDR so I'm unsure
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • It is in most cases but not all. Some games have just have better framrates, dynamic scaling, better textires, hdr or a mix of all of them etc.

Loading times are better too.
    PSN - minkymu
‹ Previous123456723

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!