ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    My aversion is also the fact of losing a couple of coins a few years back. I still move around a lot. It's like keeping chickens, or fixing up an old car. Would be fun to do but I'm just too transient right now
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Where’s the easiest place to buy bitcoins? I went on Coinbase but you’ve got to start messing around uploading ID.
  • monkey wrote:
    Where’s the easiest place to buy bitcoins? I went on Coinbase but you’ve got to start messing around uploading ID.

If you're in the UK I used to use Bittylicious.

You'll have to have a wallet set up first though to receive they BTC.

1) You send them a bank transfer with a reference number and the address for your wallet.
    2) It usually takes a few days for the funds to clear but as soon as they do the BTC will be sent to your wallet.
    3) If you have any problems, they email you right away.
    aaaaaAAH FA-SHION!
  • Coinbase, just use your driving license. You have to use ID somewhere to get started. To get money onto coinbase you can use credit card (for which there is a charge), bank transfer or look up revolut and use that. I used credit card initially as I was testing it out.

Coinbase own gdax, an exchange so your login credentials will work on both, but start with coinbase just to dip your toes in.
  • Cheers both. Got it sorted now. This process was easier a few years ago.
  • Ripple now £1.46 damn. Lester you must be a happy man.
  • £1.76... Holy moly I didn't expect this to do anything until next year! I'm way short of a Lambo but maybe in can buy an extra bass tube and some LEDs for my Vauxhall Nova.
    aaaaaAAH FA-SHION!
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Does your driving licence have to have a photo? Mine doesn't. Could I open a wallet with minimal fuss and PayPal someone to buy and send me some bitties?
  • Escape wrote:
    Does your driving licence have to have a photo? Mine doesn't. Could I open a wallet with minimal fuss and PayPal someone to buy and send me some bitties?

Try https://bittylicious.com  You can make small trades there without verification.
    aaaaaAAH FA-SHION!
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Escape wrote:

How have you still got a license without a photo? Is it even still valid?
  • Probably a brand new Brexit one.
    [quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]
  • I found Action Coin today and there ICO is in 2018.

Will it be a massive coin? Unlikely. 
    Is there a need for a Block Chain Rewards Programme for adventure companies? Maybe.

What platform is is based off of: Ardor.

Do you want free 1,000 coins of theirs? This is my referral link here.
    aaaaaAAH FA-SHION!
  • Could a scam be any more patent than this? Come on man, don't sling this garbage here. We have vulnerable adults here. Well, we have one ;).
  • Hey want 1,000 free Action Coins? Just jump into my van, they're right inside...
    aaaaaAAH FA-SHION!
  • I'm not even going to pretend to understand what the hell is going on there.
    It is a cryptocurrency used to get "discounts" on adventure holidays?
  • I found Action Coin today and there ICO is in 2018.

Will it be a massive coin? Unlikely. 
    Is there a need for a Block Chain Rewards Programme for adventure companies? Maybe.

What platform is is based off of: Ardor.

Do you want free 1,000 coins of theirs? This is my referral link here.

Done.
  • I'm not even going to pretend to understand what the hell is going on there.
    It is a cryptocurrency used to get "discounts" on adventure holidays?

It's a total scam. A bunch of these ICOs have been shut down as soon as the securities and exchange commission gets involved. They're unregulated securities and these guys don't even pretend to mention regulation or their state's laws anywhere on their site. (And their terms of service is lol)
  • The one I saw was for getting coins to spend on YouTube and twitch personalities. Called tube Starr or you Starr or summat. Total scam.
  • Hey man I get it, this coin isn't a security though. It's not going to be paying dividends or anything it's just a reward programme which I immediately expressed skepticism for the reason it exits. I'm not advocating or encouraging anyone buying it, and even if I was, nothing goes on sale until March 2018 anyway. This is just a bit of harmless 1,000 free coins for fun.

If you want to see a scam coin just search for Confido. It and it's team were a meme for scam coin.
    aaaaaAAH FA-SHION!
  • @ozno
    Cheers.
    If it looks like a duck...
  • [font=Noto Sans", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]We’re just a couple guys who are tech nerds in our basement," said Gilson. "It didn’t occur to us that the model everyone else in the world is using would have any specific laws here that would apply to us. We just weren’t aware. In the month leading up to it, we were going full bore, working till 2am every night on the ICO, so we didn’t even see the DAO ruling when it came out until someone brought it to our attention.
    [/font]
  • I can't edit but this is a lie, their white paper mentioned a law firm had approved their scheme. 

This field is full of scams. I mean, ripple is a scam. People are pouring money into it. It has none of the good bits of bitcoin and all the dangers are exponentially increased.
  • Is this shit just pyramid scams for the new breed?
  • Some people have genuinely got quite rich off crypto with genuine means.
    Crypto has gone mainstream, featuring on BBC news etc and now millions are listening.
    It is a complex thing to understand.

Seems like prime farmland for scammers.
  • That was my assessment.  If you got in early with Bitcoin you may have done very well.  If you're jumping in now you're an idiot.  I fully appreciate that I write this as someone with very little understanding of the complexities of this new whateveritis.  I recognise this and as a consequence will stay far away.
  • I still think a flutter on an established coin is fine if it floats your boat. It seems to me to be a gamble rather than an investment at this stage.
    I don't do gambling because I know what I'm like, can't be trusted. I will just stick the £100 in my SIPP instead. Or spend it on crisps.

I'm certainly not pumping my name and email address into sites that are more than likely scams.
  • Unlikely wrote:
    Is this shit just pyramid scams for the new breed?
    Mostly yes
  • It seems like a really boring hobby

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!