Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    What Remains of Edith Finch 

I'm torn about this one, I feel like I should like it more but I just can't. Will put my thoughts in a spoiler, it's no use talking about this game without talking about the story.
    Spoiler:
    So yeah, think my conclusion is it made some impressions, but my mind is overthinking things that don't really matter in the end.

If this ever ends up on PS Plus, I will give it another go, seeing how it'll feel playing on the tv. Played it on PC now with headphones, so might feel different if I create a bit of distance between the actual screen and me.
  • It's worth noting that 
    Spoiler:
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Second bit is spot on, and my mind is slowly accepting that.
    Spoiler:
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    I think the game is more lasting with no definitive answer to why the family seems cursed. It is easy to see the mundanity in each death as it happens.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    What JonB said - its not that messing up kills you that annoyed me, it was that your character has foreknowledge of the event but still takes it in the face like a champ. The game physically wouldn't let you back up. I believe it's called "ludonarrative dissonance".
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • JonB wrote:
    I think you mis-read a bit what to do on the number 2 of your bad bits.  If it’s the bit I think you mean then you don’t quite fully do what you’ve just been ‘shown’ to do.  I didn’t take any damage as I missed outa few of the steps that caused it.
    I can't remember exactly, but I think
    Spoiler:

I just did that very last bit of your spoiler.  Like you say, you already know what you need to.
  • As in you can pick and choose what you need to do in the whole area.  You don’t have to go through it in exactly the same fashion.
  • Sorry, I posted this in the ‘52 in 2018’ thread, thought it should probably go in here.

Little Inferno Switch
    This is, at its hearth*, just a game about burning things. But it’s also a game about consumerism, and how it consumes us. It’s not exactly subtle in its message, which is why the overlong cutscene at the end of the game is a little too much. Indeed, it feels odd to say that a game clocked at about five and a half hours seems stretched but this is. There are, in the end, a hundred and forty different items to burn. For 100% completion you have to buy and destroy each one three times. Getting you there, there are a total of 99 recognised two- and three-item combos; burn certain items together for a boost. The thing is, when so many of the combos are just weak puns, as opposed to interesting combinations of burning effects, finding out which items are intended can be a chore rather than a joy; by half way through, I was using a guide. I would have liked more, different burning effects, too. Too many items caused cold, rain, snow, or and explosion so sudden the fire was put out. That’s not fun. I would also have liked to see more challenges (eg keep a fire burning for x seconds using only items made of y material, or burn x number of items while keeping the fire above/below a certain intensity). The only challenge was in finding the combos.

Having said all that, I’m glad I played it. The music is exceptional, finding your own interesting combinations of burning effects is diverting, and the humour is dark, unnerving, and at times just bat-shit mental.

*See what I did there?!
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    As in you can pick and choose what you need to do in the whole area.  You don’t have to go through it in exactly the same fashion.

I know - but you still
    Spoiler:

For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • 2: Dead Rising 4
    - 10 hours - 8/10 - 240/1000 -
    What awesome fun. Pure, simple fun, little batshit story and plenty of fun. The little investigation areas are nice and easy, the cases and safe houses a nice addition, but it all boils down to crazy weapons and vehicles and mowing down tons of zombies. Very easy and straightforward but with all the serious games we play, this is such a nice time sink. Loved it and might play some of the DLC at some point.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Prey Innit

I actually quite liked the ending apart from that sodding handshake decision.

[8.5]
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    this bollo on fire son
  • Assassins Creed Origins

Not done everything in the game but certainly enough to call it finished (I.e the main quest and majority of side quests). Absolutely adored it. I have always been an Assassins Creed fan (yep I am one of them...) and this has been the best yet. The graphics, story, gameplay and structure are all excellent and it was just great fun to play. Cannot ask for more really.

9 oh shit my horse is on fires out of 10
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • wonderbanana
    Show networks
    Twitter
    NanasParadox
    Xbox
    Wonderbanana
    PSN
    Wonderbanana
    Steam
    Wonderbanana

Send message
    To this day I've never played an Assasins Creed despite owning 4 or 5 of them.
  • Never played an Assasins Creed game ever. One of a very few franchises to by pass me totally.
  • I played no.2 and decided never to play another after we fell out over codec padding, but I'm vaguely tempted with the new one.  It'll probably be £15 by Christmas and I've recently levelled up as an open world adventurer.
  • I've only played 2 as well. Decided to just go with its glitchy daftness and had a good laugh with it. But no desire to return ever since.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Dinostar77 wrote:
    Never played an Assasins Creed game ever. One of a very few franchises to by pass me totally.

That's OK. They're gash.
  • Blue Swirl wrote:
    Dinostar77 wrote:
    Never played an Assasins Creed game ever. One of a very few franchises to by pass me totally.

That's OK. They're gash.

So true.

• FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Aside from Origins, which is great.
  • And 2 and Brotherhood which are decent.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    10 Second Ninja X (PS4)

Well, hit the credits.  A bit underwhelmed given the hype @JonB threw at it - was nice enough & well executed i guess, but short, I can't be arsed with doing more than I've done (at least straight away), and it was many levels below Meat Boy.  [7].
  • Try and get 3 stars on each level. That's where it gets really good.
  • I thought some of the hazards and switches etc it brought it for the later levels were a bit of a misstep perhaps, so the manner in which it ramped up the difficulty of the puzzles could've been better/cleverer, but overall it was really good.  Especially as a handheld game.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    And 2 and Brotherhood which are decent.

And Black Flag!
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    JonB wrote:
    Try and get 3 stars on each level. That's where it gets really good.

Yeah I guess I can see that. I've not even done all the levels yet, guess I'll do that and then assess mojo. Did you S the marathons and shut like that??
  • No, I didn't bother with the marathons. Just got 3 stars on all the levels.

I liked the way it made you perfect these very short sequences of play, but having to string them together in the marathons didn't really appeal to me.
  • Wolfenstein 2 The New Collossus completed.

Oh I really wanted to love this...the story, characters and cutscenes are some of the best I have ever seen and I fell in love with all the characters. It was so anarchic and mental and over the top yet full of character and excellent writing. In fact the game did so much right: the music is stellar, the main bad guy is gloriously evil and it has absolute moments of magic in the game - including a mid game twist that is wonderfully twisted and insane. And then you start actually playing...dull missions, dull levels, dull combat and awful difficulty spikes. I have never known a game be so good yet so frustratingly bad too.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Awful difficulty spikes sounds like the Bethesda incarnation of Wolfenstein as a whole. Old Blood and New Order were both riddled with them. Shame about the missions/levels. But they must have messed something up because the combat was top fuggin' banana in OB and NO.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Hook (PC)

Simple-ish puzzle game, nice aesthetics, looks more complicated than it is.  50 levels, each fairly simple really, but a fun little play through.  [7] given it was 99p (in the Steam Sale, obvs).

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!