Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    L44auok.png

Nintendo Labo is a new line of interactive make, play and discover experiences designed to inspire creative minds and playful hearts alike. Together with the Nintendo Switch console, Nintendo Labo kits provide the tools and technology to make fun D.I.Y. creations, play games with your creations, and discover how Nintendo Switch technology shapes ideas into reality. Nintendo Labo launches on 27 April 2018 in Europe, a week later than the American release.

Building on the history of Nintendo, which is rooted in innovative entertainment and gameplay experiences, Nintendo Labo continues the company’s mission of putting smiles on people’s faces. With each Nintendo Labo kit, inspired minds across all generations can transform modular sheets of cardboard – specially designed to interact with the Nintendo Switch console and Joy-Con controllers – into interactive creations called Toy-Con. From a piano to a motorbike, a robot and more, each Toy-Con comes to life when combined with Nintendo Switch in different ways. As you make, you will have fun discovering how the technology works and even invent new ways to play with each Toy-Con.

Let's take a look at the launch SKUs!

dDgV6Is.png

With the Variety Kit, you can create many different Toy-Con, including Toy-Con RC Car, Toy-Con Fishing Rod, Toy-Con House, Toy-Con Motorbike and Toy-Con Piano.

Toy-Con RC Car: Insert the left and right Joy-Con into your newly built RC Car and control its movement using touch screen controls on the Nintendo Switch. The HD rumble feature in the Joy-Con controllers will cause vibrations that move the car in the direction you choose. Materials to construct two RC Cars are included.

Toy-Con Fishing Rod: Construct the Fishing Rod with an active, rotating reel that is attached by string to a cradle holding the Nintendo Switch console. Catch one of many exotic fish shown swimming on the Nintendo Switch screen by casting your Fishing Rod and unwinding the reel to lower the hook. Once you feel a vibration from the Joy-Con inserted in the reel, you must crank the reel quickly and tug the Fishing Rod upwards to try and complete the catch.

Toy-Con House: By inserting various assembled blocks into openings in the sides and bottom of the House, you can interact, feed and play games with a cute creature on the front-facing Nintendo Switch screen. Each differently shaped block is detected by the IR Motion Camera on the right Joy-Con inserted on top of the House.

Toy-Con Motorbike: Insert each Joy-Con into an assembled set of handlebars to drive a motorbike on the Nintendo Switch screen. Pressing the ignition button starts the engine, twisting the right handle activates the throttle, and leaning your body or turning the handlebars left and right controls the motorbike.

Toy-Con Piano: After assembling a beautifully crafted 13-key piano and inserting the Nintendo Switch console and Joy-Con, you can create your own music by pressing different keys. You can even insert different assembled knobs to create new sound effects and tones.

0Or4n03.png

kHySwRo.png

Toy-Con Robot: Create a wearable robot suit, and insert the left and right Joy-Con into the designated slots on the backpack and visor to assume control of the robot, which is shown on the TV when the Nintendo Switch console is docked. Enjoy a variety of fun game-play experiences, including Robot mode, where you can destroy in-game buildings and UFOs.

pkg_robot.png

dIJpiZQ.png

Customise your Nintendo Labo creations with this handy set of materials. It includes tape rolls, stencil sheets and sticker sheets!

decoset_pkg.png

KsU2G1K.png

You could be among the first to experience Nintendo Labo by applying to attend a Nintendo Labo Workshop. If you’re a parent/guardian – or another relative – who would like your child or children to try out Nintendo Labo before it hits shelves on 27 April 2018, you might be interested to attend the Nintendo Labo Workshop in London. You may even become a part of Nintendo's campaign to show Nintendo Labo off to people around the world! The entry deadline is 1 February 2018 and the workshops take place between 14 February and 17 February inclusive. You can register your interest on the Nintendo Labo website.

handSP.png

Nintendo have allowed critics to have a hands-on session with Nintendo Labo.

The Guardian: Nintendo Labo turns Switch console into interactive toys 'like cardboard Lego'

The Telegraph: Nintendo Labo - Hands-on with the Switch's brilliant and barmy cardboard toys

NintendoLife: Hands On: The Future Of Gaming Is Cardboard, Thanks To Nintendo Labo

There are also a couple of dedicated channels for Nintendo Labo information.

Website: The UK Nintendo Labo website is packed with region-specific information for us

YouTube: There is also a Nintendo Labo UK YouTube channel

dYkPOpy.png
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Can I have some money to get sweets?
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I'm sorry l'il SpaceGazelle, I've spent all the money on Nintendo-branded cardboard. Sorry. :(
  • How much will ninty charge you fanboys for this? I'm throwing 80 quid out there, for shovelware plus cardboard. GOTY.
  • $70 not including separate massive robot thing. There's a hands on thing here that may be behind a paywall.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/gaming/features/nintendo-labo-hands-on-switch-brilliant-barmy-cardboard-toys/

Edit: You can visit the site twice before it asks for molah.
  • Sounds rather brilliant actually.
  • There's a report at the Guardian too, linked in the Switch thread
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I'll add the hands-on reports to the OP when I get a chance.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    legaldinho wrote:
    How much will ninty charge you fanboys for this? I'm throwing 80 quid out there, for shovelware plus cardboard. GOTY.

https://www.make.do/collections/all-products

Quite pricey, this product category...

Don't get it twisted though, I'm not buying this thing.
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • WHAT EVEN IS THIS?
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Whell... 

You're like, 60+ years out of the target demographic...
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    I don't know - but there should be more of it in the gaming industry.

You have to love Japanese weirdness.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    You aren't allowed to critisise this concept now I've spent most of an hour making a fancy OP for it, goddamnit.
  • g.man wrote:
    WHAT EVEN IS THIS?

It's like really thick paper parchment.
  • Is there any reason I can't cut out my own cardboard piano?
  • It takes about two hours to build the thing as it is.
  • One point I would make regarding the pricing is that although high I would trust Nintendo to make this a quality product.
    Heavy weight cardboard, solid construction techniques so it will actually last 5 minutes in the hands of a child.
    A bit like Lego, you pay for the designer's time and high quality materials, you can go buy Wilko own brand brick sets but the designs are very basic and the pieces shite.

With that in mind I would say the price is probably more $25 card, $45 game split.
    I would have thought this would be the kind of level you would expect to buy in John Lewis rather than Poundland.
  • Google Cardboard x Cardboard Origami x Lego Technic x Switch = Switch Labo!
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    n0face wrote:
    Is there any reason I can't cut out my own cardboard piano?

I suspect there's not, but you'll need the software.
  • It's out a day before my birthday. I wonder what the boy will get me this year?
  • n0face wrote:
    Is there any reason I can't cut out my own cardboard piano?
    It has reflective strips n shit that the IR sensor picks up.
    You probably could pirate the plans and make your own, then make all the other bits but it will never be as good unless you have a machine to cut the edges. Would take ages as well, I assume Nintendo will eventually sell separate cardboard packs. Probably not worth your time in the end though.
  • I can already imagine Ninty charging £75 for a cardboard set and siblings wrecking each others cardboard creations because: it's just cardboard innit?
    Papercuts abound.
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • I believe you'll be able to download the software and the templates rather than buy the prefab cardboard. Sounds like only something a mental cheapskate would do if you ask me.

Nice OP btw.
  • Typical ERE op is class as ever aye.

I am pretty sure they have confirmed things like: printing templates, sending replacement cardboard and so on.
  • I'm keeping an eye on Pranko to see what he has to say about this as well, I believe we need his guidance at this unknown juncture
  • i wonder how creative the software will let you get too?  that bit with the little cardboard cutout person falling over...that's not part of the kit (i think)...that's a 'custom' creation then they use the software to control the joycon into knocking it over...also there's a joycon being used in a joystick...

Will be interesting to see if there's more to it than just what's 'in the box' but some kind of creative software element to it as well.
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • Will there be a labo version of skyrim?????
  • Labo sounds like Oz slang for lady parts.
    Come with g if you want to live...
‹ Previous123456712

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!