Beatz by skezzer. The Proper good audio thread. Headphones, amps, dacs, etc.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Yes
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    He's offering a decent pair of headphones and a modmic
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Huh wait, you got me confused on the previous page, I should be able to use headphones, Modmic and splitter with the ps4 controller and get decent results right?
    No need for extra boxes if I have those things? Unless I wanted better sound. Which I probably will in the future but I don't have all the money right now.

Wanted to look into it today, I mainly want to hear people better, getting better sounds through the headphones is a bonus for me. Currently don't have any sound setup, so it's tv speakers.
  • Unlikely wrote:
    I don't really understand what he's offering to be honest.  Also I don't have a PS4. In simpleton terms, will I be able to connect the headphones to the XBone pad and hear the films and be able to shout abuse at people on FNF?

These -
    Headphones-Sennheiser-HD555.jpg

And this -
    6dd6a16c7098004fce15dd57a9ea8812.jpg

You should be able to connect them to a Bone controller, it may need an adapter if it's an old one - "Older Xbox 1 controllers require a stereo adapter. New Xbox 1 controllers should have a 3.5mm port immediately available."
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    @Nina correct, cans plus modmic plus y splitter plus controller (bone or ps) will work, but if you want better sound aye, output to cans from external amp of some kind and keep mic attached to controller.
  • I've never tried connecting headphones directly to a controller, so I couldn't comment on what the quality would be like. It's supposed to work so I guess it would, might just have some extra noise and stuff.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Yeah it wouldn't be flash, but useable certainly.

I will use this thread to speak of the great challenge of not spending 1k+ on new cans, I burden I bear anew each day.

Fuck I really want these ones though, never picked me up then they got discontinued then I spotted some secondhand and erk

Moot knows my pain
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    @Skerret, thanks. Should have looked at the website before asking, it's not really that much what they're offering (couple of different modmics and accessoires). 

I'll see what B thinks of this, it's a bit more expensive than I thought I wanted to spend (but that was when I  was still thinking cheap headset) so I'd have to go for the modmic 4 without mute and an Y adapter. At least shipping is free, and you can always improve the set by getting that amp or getting new cans. (b doesn't have the ohms you mentioned, he has the wrong ones as he thought he'd get an amp for it at some point, never did though. Could still play for enough hours with the headphones connected without really draining the battery. )
  • If you spent 1k on cans you'd be saving money in the long run.  You'd never need another pair for starters.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    If you spent 1k on cans you'd be saving money in the long run.  You'd never need another pair for starters.
    I know but then there are the 2k cans, then the 3k cans, then the 6k cans, then the 7k cans, then the HE1 and the Shangri La but it's them or a house and while it's a close run thing having somewhere to wee takes precedence. Damn if the ZMF Auteurs don't look like a set to end all sets though.

@Nina agreed the plus is definitely that you can always upgrade the headphones and reattach the mic rather than trashing the lot. Aye probably the 32Ohm ones then, them and the AD900X, HD600 and AKG 7XX round out the attainable good-for-gaming cans.

I might try out my tube amp and the HD650s with Dark Souls 3 tonight, wahoo boys night in.
  • Skerret wrote:
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    If you spent 1k on cans you'd be saving money in the long run.  You'd never need another pair for starters.
    I know but then there are the 2k cans, then the 3k cans, then the 6k cans, then the 7k cans, then the HE1 and the Shangri La but it's them or a house and while it's a close run thing having somewhere to wee takes precedence.

You're supposed to pretend I'm right and buy them, you're rubbish at this.  Buy a 4k set!  That way you can have a wee safe in the knowledge that the least sensible decision was miles away from wot you dun.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Mm you're talking sense Moot, my kind of sense
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Also I see your game, living vicariously through my poor financial choices
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    That said though if you choose carefully the right cans hold their value. I could resell the HE500s for near enough to what I paid for them
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Skerret wrote:
    Mm you're talking sense Moot, my kind of sense

nonce-sense.jpg?w=625
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    that's the one
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Skerret wrote:
    ZMF Auteurs

Hahaha! Those sound perfectly you.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Unlikely, these game Sennies might tickle your box 

£60 down from £90
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    He's better off with the 555s and a ModMic. So long as they don't crack on his massive head. Their headbands are a known downside.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Perhaps, but it's a very decent plug and play option without an extraneous box.
  • Hair, those do actually look like they might fit the bill.

Gurt (and Skrote), thanks for the help and the generous offer but it does sound a wee bit fiddly, and the possibility of needing a further adaptor to connect to the bone controller is a concern.  Apologies for keeping you hanging on in the meantime.
  • And they are now ordered.
  • Gurt, want me to see if I can shift the Sennheisers at work?  I'm tempted myself, to try open back cans, but realise it's a bit silly to have two pairs of good headphones at home *COUGH SKERRET*.  I've got a colleague looking to spend big on bigcans, I might be able to convince him not to bother.  Plus I'd get you to send them to me so I can test them for hours first.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    So after all of Skezza’s advice you went and bought a gaming headset?

Heh.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    What a moran.
  • I thanked him for his advice.  I certainly didn't pay any attention to it though.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Footprints on his bench.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    sigh

@Moot, HE4XX is back in stock on MD, hop to it
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Headphones on headphones for 10.2

Imagine that...
  • Skerret wrote:
    sigh @Moot, HE4XX is back in stock on MD, hop to it

Done.  Thanks. 

Headphone game completed, roll credits.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!