Ye Olde Medieval Simulator! (Kingdom Come:Deliverance)
‹ Previous12
  • What do you get when you remove all the fantastical beasties from Witcher 3 and make it first person?   KINGDOM COME DELIVERANCE that's what!

But forsooth!, you'd be wise to tread carefully here traveler. I've been watching the beta trailers for this on and off, and it's apparent that whilst first person swordplay looks pleasantly brutal, the 'controls' can make it a tad more punishing than it ought to be. Plus it's being made by some dodgy eastern European developer, the kind that churns out stuff like 'Gothic' - a series that secures a small loyal devout following that's too blinded by their faith to recognize that the game is, you know, shit.

Shiny armour effects aside, this seems to lack a bit of spit and polish (sic) And the voice acting outside this trailer is abysmal. However, it's an open-world western rpg so please please please be good etc.

It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • All I know about this is that the lead dev is a massive racist
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Tempy wrote:
    All I know about this is that the lead dev is a massive racist

Separate the artist from the art etc fyi
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    I saw a video last year where a man talked about implementing the properties of chainmail accurately. I was impressed, to be honest.

Racism, Tempy? I know there was an argument about the lack of Moors, but I think that's maybe an impossible situ. Are there any samurai in it? That'd massively influence my decision to include them. But I'd be wary about the promotion of violence unless several races were involved (presumably these white dudes are Christians?).

I'm still really disappointed that it doesn't have multiplayer, though, because I think that MMOBattles could be ace with the right people. I said the same about Flashpoint and it's never happened. Teamwork on a grander scale.
  • Looks goode, looks ye goode.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • Still as mad as a box of frogs.

It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Tempy wrote:

Nah you're alright bruv, I have my own stance on this stuff and it's more complicated than just separating folks and their works. You do you.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    no follow me mate
  • i'm in notts bruv il blap ya
  • Tempy wrote:

Fuck you I already burned my Lost Prophets CD.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Kept Steps', though, yeah?
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Has anyone played this then? I think it looks fucking awful but I'm being drawn to it.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Just remember all profits from this will go into a punching women in the face simulator.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Canny snippet from a review in progress, with a mild early game spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Full article here.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    That sounds ace!
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Deffo an interesting bargain bin purchase. It's riddled with bugs at the minute but hopefully it'll be patched.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Yeah, this is normally the sort of game I’d have been all over, but it smacks of being something unfinished.  Will be interested in how it looks in a couple of years.  Certainly not into the wanky sentiment of ‘this game was made by a cunt so I’m not buying it’ bollocks.  Looks to me like this game was made by more than just one person.
    Get schwifty.
  • It's not a wanky sentiment, it's a perfectly reasonable one. Man's a fucking tool.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I'd also subscribe to the not giving money to cunts angle.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    If you can subscribe to an angle.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Of that I’m sure, and if the game had been made by him alone I’d be right there with you.  But it isn’t.  You should probably not watch any more films, because there’s certainly a tool or two on the staff of most of ‘em.
    Get schwifty.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    If I don't buy the game I don't think this fella will just jack in this racism lark.

I still bought MGSV despite finding the Quiet and Ground Zeroes fanny bomb stuff deplorable. I dunno. A second hand copy might be a happy compromise?
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Guy is the director. Not that I particularly care as I have no desire to play it anyway.
  • Yeah but he's the Lead Dev. I do often avoid films with assholes in prominent positions who are getting the lion's share of the money and exposure from creating them. Same with games. I am not judging anyone who buys it, but I am going to argue against the idea that it's a wanky sentiment to not want to buy a game because of the politics involved. The other staff involved may agree or disagree with him, the difference being they're not writing massive screeds online about their racist, sexist beliefs. There are so many games out there, it's easy enough to just buy something else.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    We’ll agree to differ, then.  I stand by it being a wanky sentiment when other peoples jobs hang in the balance.
    Get schwifty.
  • So anyone who isn't buying is fine, but people who have elected not to buy it because of the words of the Lead Dev are actively harming the company? Not really.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    You can never boycott anything because jobs will always be on the line.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Oh I doubt it because not enough are that silly.

I’m being facetious, Tempy.  Forgive me.  It’s fine that you have that view.
    Get schwifty.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Sup with 'the guy'?
  • For me, part of the issue with this game as well, is like with Rimworld, the Lead Dev's views are reinforced by the systems in the game. His views on race and gender have filtered into the systems that have been designed.
‹ Previous12

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!