Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Game's getting huge praise throughout. Many a YouTube'er gushing over it. Well jealous...
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Even I’m interested.  Will still wait until it’s cheap...I think.
    Get schwifty.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Wondering how well it runs on non-pros.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    If the Eurogamer review doesn’t cover it there will no doubt be a DF article along shortly.
    Get schwifty.
  • Gather (from reviews) It's 30fps mostly on amateur and higher (doubt 60fps tho) in 'performance' mode on pro.

But yeah DF soon.

• I want to hit Nordic zombies with my magical flying axe!
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Apparently the controller does a wee thump when it returns. That sort of shit gets me going
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Blocks100 wrote:
    I want to hit Nordic zombies with my magical flying axe!

Did you ever play Amalur?
    Get schwifty.
  • Oh yeah, funny little title that.  I don't recall a magical flying axe in that, but it was a nice colourful romp of an RPG that one.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • This looks wack as hells.
  • By wack, you mean good right?
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Blocks100 wrote:
    Oh yeah, funny little title that.  I don't recall a magical flying axe in that, but it was a nice colourful romp of an RPG that one.

No, there were no magical flying axes, but I’m glad you enjoyed it.
    Get schwifty.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Blocks100 wrote:
    By wack, you mean good right?

Someone from the nineties must have taken control of Brooks’ account.
    Get schwifty.
  • METACRITIC: 94
    OPENCRITIC: 95

3DJuegos: 9.5/10
    Ars Technica: Buy It
    Attack of the Fanboy: 4/5
    Destructoid: 10/10
    EasyAllies: 10/10

God of War doesn’t just feel like the next step for the franchise, but for the entire video game industry. Phenomenal visuals, rewarding exploration, and a deep, nuanced combat system contribute to an epic adventure that should be experienced by every human on earth. Santa Monica Studio is taking us all to Valhalla.

EGM: 9.5/10
    Eurogamer: Recommended

Yes. Like Kratos, the god of fury who must learn not to fear his son, this is a strange beast, really. The latest technology and astonishing craft and artistry are employed to deliver a game of extremely simple pleasures - a wash of new pseudo-ideas that cannot hide the fact that the basics remain unfixed because they were not broken. God of War dresses things up, in other words, but it is ultimately the same deal it always was. As is the way with myths, I guess. As is the way with gods.

Forbes: 9.5/10
    GameInformer: 9.75/10

Kratos’ reinvention serves as a narrative hook, but it also parallels the series’ evolution as a whole; where God of War once relied on bombast and bloodlust, now it leaves space for strategy and nuance. It still has superb action and plenty of jaw-dropping moments, but it supports them with a new level of depth and maturity. God of War learns from its past while clearing an exciting path for the future, and emerges as one of the best games of this generation.

GameKult: 8/10
    Gamepro: 9.3/10
    GamesRadar: 5/5
    GameSpot: 9/10

God of War is no longer an old-fashioned action series. With this reboot, it confidently walks a new path that will hopefully lead to more exciting adventures to come.

Hardcore Gamer: 4.5/5
    God is a Geek: 10/10
    IGN: 10/10

I expected great action from God of War, and it delivers that handily. But I didn’t expect it to be a thrilling journey in which every aspect of it complements the others to form what is nothing short of a masterpiece. It’s a game in which Kratos, a previously one-note character, becomes a complex father, warrior, and monster, embattled both on the field and within his own heart about how to treat his son; one in which the world opens up and shifts, offering rewards in both gameplay and knowledge of its lore that I treasured with each accomplishment. The obvious care that went into crafting its world, characters, and gameplay delivers by far the most stirring and memorable

Jeuxvideo: 20/20
    Kotaku: Very Positive

2018's God of War seems more content to borrow from other successful recent games: it’s a little bit Witcher, a little bit Dark Souls, a little bit The Last Of Us, and a little bit old-school God of War. It feels like more of a trend follower than a trendsetter, a pastiche of ideas. But they are good ideas, done well enough to bring a once-stale series back up from the depths of Helheim.

Metro: 9/10
    PlayStation Lifestyle: 10/10
    PlayStation Universe: 9.5/10
    Polygon: 10/10

Some die-hard fans may fear this isn’t really God of War. I suppose they’re right. It’s even better.

PushSquare: 10/10
    USgamer: 5/5

This is how you do a reboot. After Kratos lost his way, Sony Santa Monica has set the God of War on a new path. A more measure, nuanced character, a great supporting cast, an excellent combat system, and some of the best graphics in the PlayStation 4 game to-date add up to a winner.

The Guardian: 5/5
    TheSixthAxis: 8/10
    Twinfinite: 4/5
    Waypoint: "A triumphant reinvention"
    Wccftech: 10/10
    WWG: 5/5
    Videogamer: 9/10

(stolen from resetera)
  • Brooks wrote:
    This looks wack as hells.

This is dat old-style 90s straw: I'm in.
  • It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Is this what you're threatening me with? Fucking disco lights and a fucking choo choo train?
  • Srsly you're all going to swallow this fucking dadcore again.
  • I’ve always liked the look of this one, good to see it getting positive early impressions. Will definitely pick it up next week.
  • Gamermike wrote:
    I’ve always liked the look of this one, good to see it getting positive early impressions. Will definitely pick it up next week.

Um what i posted were review scores.
  • Brooks wrote:
    Srsly you're all going to swallow this fucking dadcore again.

You're right. Let's not all jump to conclusions, let's instead take your view that it's wack and move on. Ignore the many positive reviews folks, nothing to see here.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Hmm, might keep the PS4 for this and Dreams. Looks fun.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Syph79 wrote:
    Brooks wrote:
    Srsly you're all going to swallow this fucking dadcore again.

You're right. Let's not all jump to conclusions, let's instead take your view that it's wack and move on. Ignore the many positive reviews folks, nothing to see here.

Having fallen for various gushy reviews over recent years (Horizon Zero Dawn for example), not jumping to conclusions and going with my first impression that it's shite is exactly what I'll be doing.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Starting to wish I bought a PS4 Pro instead of the X at this stage. The next generation can't come fast enough. Sony killing it altogether. Been watching a lot of this on YouTube. Looks phenomenal. Hope you all enjoy it :)
  • @Kow   but HZD wasn't wack!
  • I like to think I'm a CAN DO kind of guy...
    And the number of cans I can normally do is 12.
  • Looks shit obvs.
    I like to think I'm a CAN DO kind of guy...
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Looks incredible.  May have to get it sooner rather than later.
    Get schwifty.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Blocks100 wrote:
    @Kow   but HZD wasn't wack!

It certainly wasn't. Or maybe it was. No idea what wack means.
  • From a technical perspective and artistic way sure it make look incredible but it still looks shit. That's a given..
    I like to think I'm a CAN DO kind of guy...

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!