Video Game Vinyl
‹ Previous123456
  • Is an entirely pointless exercise writing digital bleeps and bloops to an analogue format and missing what the format is supposed to offer in the first place.

But it's fucking Cool.

Just like Videogames themselves.

What to you have badgers?
    And what would you like?

Data discs seem to have directly connected to my conscious and choose many of my favorite games of all time.

https://data-discs.com/collections/all

large.jpg
    Wind Waker is a bad game
  • Aye. I've got the Data Discs Outrun release, and Skondo sent me his Rez after a mixup he had with iam8bit. DD got it on lock though, amazing work they do. And today they announced a multi-title deal with Capcom, colour me super fucking excited.

We actually used to get some of the Mondo releases in hmv, including the Castlevania ones. The artwork on them is off the charts.
  • I don't have any videogame vinyl, but still, good to see you posting 'Cap, how you doin' big man?
  • Aye. I've got the Data Discs Outrun release, and Skondo sent me his Rez after a mixup he had with iam8bit. DD got it on lock though, amazing work they do. And today they announced a multi-title deal with Capcom, colour me super fucking excited. We actually used to get some of the Mondo releases in hmv, including the Castlevania ones. The artwork on them is off the charts.

Nice, I didn't know that!
    nick_md wrote:
    I don't have any videogame vinyl, but still, good to see you posting 'Cap, how you doin' big man?

I'm good man, I'm good.

Bored in work here, doing the extended shift, felt like I needed to read a forum  where the people aren't sanctimonious posing cunts.

I couldn't think of one so I cam here instead. (ho ho)

Nah, I guess I missed this place a bit, its actually down to erfth as Will Smith would say.

How are ye all these days and hows the forum? Trucking along good?
    Wind Waker is a bad game
  • Rez
    Shenmue
    The Last Guardian
    Ori and the Blind Forest

Have Shadow of the Colossus and Uncharted Lost Legacy on order.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I actually have a spectrum (or maybe zx81) game on vinyl somewhere. It came cover mounted on a magazine back in the very early 80s.
  • kneecap wrote:
    Aye. I've got the Data Discs Outrun release, and Skondo sent me his Rez after a mixup he had with iam8bit. DD got it on lock though, amazing work they do. And today they announced a multi-title deal with Capcom, colour me super fucking excited. We actually used to get some of the Mondo releases in hmv, including the Castlevania ones. The artwork on them is off the charts.
    nick_md wrote:
    I don't have any videogame vinyl, but still, good to see you posting 'Cap, how you doin' big man?
    I'm good man, I'm good. Bored in work here, doing the extended shift, felt like I needed to read a forum  where the people aren't sanctimonious posing cunts. I couldn't think of one so I cam here instead. (ho ho) Nah, I guess I missed this place a bit, its actually down to erfth as Will Smith would say. How are ye all these days and hows the forum? Trucking along good?

Aye man still trucking eh. Lot's happened, both in forum and irl, some real Eastenders shit you wouldn't believe man, I won't bore you. Fucking life eh?

Any road, stick around a bit man, good to see ya eh. I'll level with you, I've had a few, and just enjoying a few sweet tokes, but still, the sentiment is real, we's a nice corner here.
  • Mmmm. Good to have ya back 'cap. God bless, nick.
  • nick_md wrote:
    kneecap wrote:
    Aye. I've got the Data Discs Outrun release, and Skondo sent me his Rez after a mixup he had with iam8bit. DD got it on lock though, amazing work they do. And today they announced a multi-title deal with Capcom, colour me super fucking excited. We actually used to get some of the Mondo releases in hmv, including the Castlevania ones. The artwork on them is off the charts.
    nick_md wrote:
    I'm good man, I'm good. Bored in work here, doing the extended shift, felt like I needed to read a forum  where the people aren't sanctimonious posing cunts. I couldn't think of one so I cam here instead. (ho ho) Nah, I guess I missed this place a bit, its actually down to erfth as Will Smith would say. How are ye all these days and hows the forum? Trucking along good?
    Aye man still trucking eh. Lot's happened, both in forum and irl, some real Eastenders shit you wouldn't believe man, I won't bore you. Fucking life eh? Any road, stick around a bit man, good to see ya eh. I'll level with you, I've had a few, and just enjoying a few sweet tokes, but still, the sentiment is real, we's a nice corner here.

Yeah man, lay it on me sure, in PM if you want.

I might do the same, I have some weed in my bedroom sitting there and could do with relaxing a bit.
    Still can barely roll to save my life.

If I walk in and my housemate is playing fucking overwatch again, then definitely!
    Wind Waker is a bad game
  • I have the Revenge of Shinobi DD thing. This should not come as a surprise.
  • I would say Panzer Dragoon, but they've done that and I decided not to buy it.  Red Zone on Megadrive maybe, best thing Jesper Kyd's ever done.  A 32-bit Core Design collection would be nice too, they were doing some good stuff at the time.
  • Grabbed the Super Hexagon one off 8-Bit, really really want to pick up their Rez one too but price barriers and all that.
  • I’ve got the limited edition Shenmue, Streets of Rage and Gunstar Heroes from Data Discs.

I’d have loved the Streets of Rage 2 and Rez Infinite vinyls, but couldn’t really afford them.

I’m hoping there’ll be a NiGHTS Into Dreams release at some point, even though I own the soundtrack on CD. It’s on 3 discs, so it’s probably unlikely.
    360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime
  • The soundtrack to NiGHTS was good, but the changing chiptune stuff was the best bit*, which a) presumably wouldn't be on a soundtrack, and b) didn't even make the HD fudge-up.

*Actually some of the boss tunes were legit.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Super Castlevania IV - double LP. Published by Mondo.

:)

Runs at 45rpm which I find odd.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I grabbed the streets of rage 1 and 2 from data discs because they're legit
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    The soundtrack to NiGHTS was good, but the changing chiptune stuff was the best bit*, which a) presumably wouldn't be on a soundtrack, and b) didn't even make the HD fudge-up.

*Actually some of the boss tunes were legit.

The constant remixing if level tunes was seriously fantastic and very clever.

But the original tracks were still really good.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    kneecap wrote:
    Is an entirely pointless exercise writing digital bleeps and bloops to an analogue format and missing what the format is supposed to offer in the first place. But it's fucking Cool. Just like Videogames themselves. What to you have badgers? And what would you like?

I have the Metal Slug sound track from Data Discs, because if it's got "Metal Slug" written on it, it's basically catnip to me.

I'm glad it came with the code to get the MP3s, though, as I have no record player.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • regmcfly wrote:
    I grabbed the streets of rage 1 and 2 from data discs because they're legit

Shame SoR3 is so disappointing.
  • Translucent red SoR 1 in stock for £20. Fuck that's tempting.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    davyK wrote:
    Super Castlevania IV - double LP. Published by Mondo.

:)

Runs at 45rpm which I find odd.
    Very tempting but artwork is dreadful...

Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Skerret wrote:
    davyK wrote:
    Super Castlevania IV - double LP. Published by Mondo. :) Runs at 45rpm which I find odd.
    Very tempting but artwork is dreadful...

I'd be a bit kinder than that. Competent but boring. It's a missed opportunity that's for sure. It doesn't capture the feel of the game.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Are we talking about this Castlevania IV LP? Because, yeah, what davyK said. Competent but not exactly pushing the boat out. The inner and back cover ones are definitely better than the front art. Maybe back and front should have been swapped.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    The art style feels off, too. But that might just be me thinking of the post-Symphony style, rather than the SCIV and prior titles.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Aye. That's it. It doesn't seem to be of any recognisable style. The C4 manual has plenty in it so there was no excuse really. 

Sounds great though. I'd have appreciated better art but this was an insta-purchase for me as I love C4 and its soundtrack. They could have wrapped it in brown paper and I'd have got it.
  • Anyone get on the datadiscs Space Harrier release today? 3D lenticular sleeve ting, looked amazing but I'm waiting for the Capcom gear. Sure there's gonna be something there I'm gonna have to kill to get.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Space harrier means nothing to me so I'm skipping. Capcom will be crack tho. Glad to see DD moving on from being a weird Sega lovein
  • I did order, but the lenticular sleeve version sold out within half an hour, so I missed that.
  • The Space Harrier soundtrack was AMAZING though. Right up there with Out Run.
  • I was on holidays and I am fucking sicked I didnt get the 3D one

I was on holiday for After Burner too!

I will order both of those at some stage
    But just the Colour Variant. The LEs sell out instantly.
    Wind Waker is a bad game
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    The LE version of the Metal Slug OST were up for a while, but I missed out because I didn't commit quickly enough.
‹ Previous123456

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!