Infinity War Spoilers thread
‹ Previous123456711
  • Feels like this is going to be needed.
    I haven't seen it but read a synopsis of what happens, I don't think it can be easily discussed using spoiler tags.
  • So if the thing I read is right a whole bunch of people die, then a whole more bunch turned to ash.
    Guessing the ashy ones will be back but the dead ones are properly dead.
  • Watched it last night, was surprised at the amount of people they killed off and who in particular.
    Was main charecters dieing from beginning to end.
  • Is the war still happening though.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    As long as it remains profitable.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • First thought I had afterwards was there's no chance we're not seeing most of those ash boys returning come the end of the next film; Marvel doing such a job of crowing about their next ten years of planned movies works against them in this instance, so while they could probably call it a ballsy cliffhanger there's really not a whole lot of tension hanging over it. 

Plus, X-Men Days of Future Past did the whole "shocking scenes of beloved main characters being brutally murdered" better and with more bloodthirsty robots.
  • Nothing's been as brutal as the culling that took place in Transformers The Movie.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Yeah that was all time. Fuckin' Ironhide man
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • That's the particular one I had in mind, plus the melting come to think of it.
  • Kazuo wrote:
    First thought I had afterwards was there's no chance we're not seeing most of those ash boys returning come the end of the next film; Marvel doing such a job of crowing about their next ten years of planned movies works against them in this instance, so while they could probably call it a ballsy cliffhanger there's really not a whole lot of tension hanging over it. 

Plus, X-Men Days of Future Past did the whole "shocking scenes of beloved main characters being brutally murdered" better and with more bloodthirsty robots.

Not sure on this. Marvel have been quite good at repositioning the new main players. As iron man, black widow and cap phase out, Spider-Man, scarlett witch and black panther fit well in as the next line. Mass deaths might be pulled back for a happy ending but actors age (or just become cost prohibitive) so a new line up is vital.

SFV - reddave360
  • Saw it this afternoon.

Thanos is already my favourite comics villain, and this more than did him justice.

Was wondering if they'd ever bring Skull back, and there he was.

I know they're planning a Carol Danvers Captain Marvel film, but I hope it's Mar-Vell in the second part of Infinity War.
  • Wow never spotted that.

Saw it this afternoon.

Thanos is already my favourite comics villain, and this more than did him justice.

Was wondering if they'd ever bring Skull back, and there he was.

I know they're planning a Carol Danvers Captain Marvel film, but I hope it's Mar-Vell in the second part of Infinity War.

I thought thanos was handled superbly.
    red skull i didn't expect so was pleased.
    Did you see the after credits scene with nick fury and the logo?
    Its captain marvel.

Thought we would have got adam warlock too and crossed my fingers for silver surfer but guess them just appearing with no introduction woulda been weird.
    (except im assuming that perfect being made in gotg2 was adam warlock)

Part 2 is gonna be interesting.
  • Really enjoyed that, and all the twists and turns that I wasn’t really expecting from the off. Felt a little let down at the end though, all those that died to the gauntlet will be back.
  • Really liked that, thanos was great, a more rounded bad guy than normal evil villian crap. shame none of the big hitters died.

captain marvel and infinity wars 2 will see out the end of marvel phase 3, early next year.

then marvel phase 4 starts...
  • As I said in the film thread, for the first half of the movie I was sitting in my seat thinking “wow, they’re actually going to pull this off”, but I felt it kind of unravelled slightly as it went on.  Too much time was spent watching Thor turn on a furnace, or pointlessly sacrificing the lives of Wakandans just to save Vision.  (“We don’t trade in lives” is a nice sentiment, but I wonder what your average Wakandan would have made of the news that their homeland was being trashed to protect someone’s sexbot.). 

Equally the final deaths were irritatingly chosen to leave us in no doubt that they would be reversed.  We know they didn’t just reinvent Spidey, to kill him off for ever, and it leaves the next instalment oddly less appetising.  As my daughter put it as we left - “they killed off all the fun ones”.  Now if they’d bumped off Tony and Steve - characters long rumoured to be on their way out thanks to their contracts, and the audience collectively might have bought it.  Compare it with the genuine shock of Loki being casually murdered in the first 5 minutes, and the ending seems sort of flat...  (And the post-credits Captain Marvel sting left most people around me in the cinema irritated and confused.)

All of which is me nitpicking, as ever.  Because despite all the above, it’s a fun movie, which is after all the point.  It’s also one hell of an achievement.  There are moments within it that are absolutely incredible (in contrast to Wakanda, I thought the Titan battle was great), and the interactions between characters that have never met before were great.  (Stark Vs Strange was inspired). I really liked the way that they introduced people in the first half - with gentle nods to make sure you knew where in the MCU you were.  (There was a cheer in my cinema when the music game on firmly indicating we would be meeting the Guardians imminently.). They’re obviously holding some stuff back for Part 2 (Tony is yet to meet Steve again), and I’m interested to say how they handle the magical hand waving needed to reincarnate half the cast - though at least they firmly sowed the seeds with Strange’s comments.  

So yeah, looking forward to the next one, when I will doubtless again say I enjoyed it, then moan endlessly about things that didn’t quite work...
  • I think they will kill off Cap or IronMan in the sequel. I think they held off so infinity war part 2 will signal the end of phase 3 and a passing of the torch.

I think wakanda was forced into the story unnecessarily. It would have been better if one of the characters put the good of the universe over the plight of vision and forced the stone off him. The shades of grey / needs of the many etc.

Personally i like the thor and guardians bits, especially the forging of the stormbreaker.

I do think the "click" could have been better implemented. Maybe as he clicked they could have shown a wave travelling out from wakanda, across the earth, out into the solar system, across the milkyway and out to the other galaxies. thats my personal take on it.

there is a continuity error in the movie. when was the gaunlet forged as it appeared in the early clips with thanos (avengers 1?) therefore he must have attacked the dwarf forging place awhile back.

lastly, when are they going to introduce adam warlock? also i wonder if the living tribunal will make an apperance in part 2.
  • Warlock is going to be in Guardians 3.

Don't think they want to go too deep into the cosmic abstracts, though they did introduce Mistress Death in this one. She was in the guise of young Gamora after the click of the fingers.
  • I'm guessing that anyone who dissolved can be brought back by some reversal thingy , maybe with the gauntlet itself but those who died individually are done for.

It also means as said that the sequel will be a swam song for some of the oldies. No bad thing that.

SFV - reddave360
  • Just back from it and loved every minute of it. Despite it being obvious that the dusted characters will clearly be coming back, I’m still gagging for the next one just to see how they resolve it all.

My poor son was in tears when Groot ‘died’ - he was really upset. But I spent 5 minutes explaining that this was what Marvel does and that they couldn’t exactly make GotG3 without any of the characters and he perked straight up.

Fantastic entertainment though and Thanos was by far the best villain they’ve had in any of the films so far - Brolins performance was excellent.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Tin's thoughts are exactly my thoughts so just read his post again here.

They've already confirmed another Spiderman movie so the whole ending was a bit alanshrug.
  • regmcfly wrote:

They've already confirmed another Spiderman movie so the whole ending was a bit alanshrug.

Yeah, but thank god - my son was in bits.
  • Have to say my favourite bit was Vision and Scarlett Witch standing outside a Grassmarket chippy with a sign clearly visible that said “We will deep fry your kebab”. There’s no way that was an unintentional shot.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Gremill wrote:
    regmcfly wrote:

Yeah, but thank god - my son was in bits.

There was a girl crying in front of me at the end and shouting "stupid stupid movie"
    Gremill wrote:
    Have to say my favourite bit was Vision and Scarlett Witch standing outside a Grassmarket chippy with a sign clearly visible that said “We will deep fry your kebab”. There’s no way that was an unintentional shot.

As you may expect, big laughs at that serious scene
  • Warlock is going to be in Guardians 3.

Don't think they want to go too deep into the cosmic abstracts, though they did introduce Mistress Death in this one. She was in the guise of young Gamora after the click of the fingers.

i didnt catch on that the young gamora was mistress death. makes sense.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Did everyone else spot
    Spoiler:
    in the sequence with the collector
  • regmcfly wrote:
    Did everyone else spot
    Spoiler:
    in the sequence with the collector

I didn't but i rewatched that scene online to see it when it was pointed out earlier in thread.
    So good.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Christ it's online already?!
  • regmcfly wrote:
    Christ it's online already?!

Shit copys like, but just wanted to see that part again.
  • Apparently my mate's 57 year old dad is just as distraught and some of the kids after seeing this tonight.
  • So much squeeee!!!! Loved so many bits like
    Drax and Starlord flirting with Thor and the Titan fight and the dwarf and scarlet witch.
    Loki deaded :(
    Thanos was the best baddie so far. By miles.
    But how come Thor is suddenly so overpowered? So confirmed dead is Heimdall,Loki,Gamorah and Vision?

I must say though I didn't like iron man's magic new armour.
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
‹ Previous123456711

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!