Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection - May 29th
‹ Previous12345
  • So this is a pretty great compilation of Street Fighter games going all the way back to the original and featuring 12 different versions of SFs 1-3 and Alpha. Plus online play for Street Fighter II: Hyper Fighting, Super Street Fighter II Turbo, Street Fighter Alpha 3 and Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike. And if you preorder on PS4 or XBone you get a code to download Ultra SFIV.

Out on May 29th on PC, PS4, XBone and Switch.

Here's a website.

Here's a trailer:

So who's getting this and on what platform?

I've a PS4 pre-order but not sure I'll keep it. Any badgers going to be on and up for some online fights?
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I’ll probably pick this up once it’s sub-£15, but that’s probably as much interest as I have.

It’s a shame that the HD Remix isn’t part of the collection.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    I'm on it
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Street Fighter? Day one. Obviously.

PS4. Obviously.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Guttertrash!
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Dont give Capcom any more money, I know we all love old SF games but their fighting game division doesn't deserve anything after the total shitshow theyve made handling the development and post launch side of both SFV and MvCI.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • I'm quite happy for this on the switch. Mark of wolves has shown that the d-pad works fine for fighting (At least in single player, which I'm fine with)

Disappointed it's not alpha 3 max, had that on psp many years ago and it was great fun.

SFV - reddave360
  • I want you all to know I am a beast at 3rd strike.

And a fuckin' beasht at ST.
    Wind Waker is a bad game
  • RedDave2 wrote:
    I'm quite happy for this on the switch. Mark of wolves has shown that the d-pad works fine for fighting (At least in single player, which I'm fine with) Disappointed it's not alpha 3 max, had that on psp many years ago and it was great fun.

Yeah unfortunately they are not teh best versions of the games.

Alpha 3 arcade is like the worst version because th home ports added so much content.

and No Alpha 2 (gold) online is such a fucking shame.

Beyond that, its a pretty sweet set.
    Wind Waker is a bad game
  • It's not Gold, just bog standard Valle CC having Alpha 2, the best Street Fighter game ever made, and it's a damn shame that this legitimate release doesn't have online play.

Can't agree with Roujin on this.

Capcom have given SFV massive support since release, and despite the Disney handicapping for MvCI, it is a damn fine game, and they have consistently patched it when required since release, but given the poor sales, it's unlikely there'll ever be more content for it.

Meanwhile while DBFZ looks amazing, and plays well, it has easily the worst online experience of any game I've ever played.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    I'll get Switch, assuming it's budget price, and not full-fat like Ultra SF II was.

Basically I'm just here for online/on-the-bus Third Strike.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • I'll avoid it because I've got access to most of them on Retro Pi.  Would've been tempted if they were all online - Alpha II on Saturn is probably the SF I played most after Special Championship Edition on MD - but in all honesty I wouldn't get my money's worth anyway.  I bought SFIV at launch on PS3, and a Guile 6 button pad when I was planning to go deep, but probably played it for two hours max.  

Great package though, would be a good one to have on hand for same room mp.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Fuckn forgot about this now am buzzing
  • Blue Swirl wrote:
    I'll get Switch, assuming it's budget price, and not full-fat like Ultra SF II was.
    Bit of a Switch tax unfortunately. Base.com have an excellent price for all versions but Switch is still £10 more.

Also worth a mention that it's £35 on PSN, so much better value to go physical on PS4 (and presumably XBone).
  • I have really only played the SF2 games on the SNES BTW and am bound to be terrible at it now (my ken game was pretty sharp back then). But I'm up for trying to revive the skills and give some of the other versions a shot.
  • I want to know how low the input lag is first really. The PS3 version of 3S Online was basically bang on arcade-perfect there, I hope this is also.
  • Streetfighter related, primark have a cool ryu doing a dragon punch tshirt for £6. Also some mario, black panther and star wars tshirts that didn't appeal to me personally.
  • Brooks wrote:
    I want to know how low the input lag is first really. The PS3 version of 3S Online was basically bang on arcade-perfect there, I hope this is also.

Maxamillion did a vid on it and he said expect different because 3s online was kind of it's own build and not the arcade Rom which these games are based on. Can't remember if he said it was noticeably better or worse, but he did find it different (he based it on most of his game time on 3s being the online version, not the coin op)

SFV - reddave360
  • I'm certain that 3S online was based on the Dreamcast build (with some of the balance changes in that build rolled back)

This will be the arcade Rom straight (or with the bug from killing Makoto with Ken's neutral throw gone) but the Emulator itself will be the question.

I like 3S online a lot. But I and others felt there was an ex move bug. Iron Galaxy say it was in the arcade board.

http://shoryuken.com/2013/05/08/iron-galaxy-posts-update-3-on-street-fighter-iii-3rd-strike-online-edition-patch/
    Wind Waker is a bad game
  • Dinostar77 wrote:
    Streetfighter related, primark have a cool ryu doing a dragon punch tshirt for £6. Also some mario, black panther and star wars tshirts that didn't appeal to me personally.

I dispute that any of those are cool.
  • Street Fighter could be OK depending on the design. Not cool but acceptable in public. Maybe. Or not. At least it's a cool game.

Mario is fucking trash tier.
  • I used to have a tee with the 4 kanji that appears when Akuma does his Raging Demon move. That was cool.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Relevant...

"I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • I got a sf t-shirt when I was 9 that I still own and still fits me (it was a fucking huge tent on me when I got it). It's nicely faded and cracked now, the sort that you'd pay to buy new ironically, if you're a fucking cunt. That's the only acceptable sf t-shirt. Has Snes illustrated-boxart Ryu too, non of this shite anime styled guff.
  • My favourite and in fact only street fighter t shirt was the original world warrior select screen with the heading 'life is full of choices'
    SFV - reddave360
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    JonB wrote:
    Bit of a Switch tax unfortunately.

That's just the VAT for being able to play Third Strike on the bus.

Not heard of base.com before, I'll check that out.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • RedDave2 wrote:
    My favourite and in fact only street fighter t shirt was the original world warrior select screen with the heading 'life is full of choices'

This is the only other acceptable sf t-shirt.
  • Base are good.  I got MHW with keyring (surprisingly good quality) from them recently.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Base are good.  I got MHW with keyring (surprisingly good quality) from them recently.

Swish.

EDIT: They've also got the cheapest Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze that I've seen. Less than Amazon or ShopTo. Assuming they don't charge postage...
  • Street Fighter could be OK depending on the design. Not cool but acceptable in public. Maybe. Or not. At least it's a cool game. Mario is fucking trash tier.

I bought the duck hunt one. It's boss actually
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
‹ Previous12345

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!