Laser League
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    This got an essential from Eurogamer and is on Gamepass but is also available for the other console with the rubbish joypad, as well as on Steam.

I've not really played much of it yet, but it looks to be fun, and it seems like it might have legs, so here's a thread for it.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Had a quick blast. Fun amongst friends I reckon.
  • Yeah, a brilliant game to play with others. Given the need for revives, randoms might prove too frustrating to play with for much time.
  • It hurts my brain, in a good way
  • Yep, played this a bit on local multiplayer last night and it was a lot of fun.  Tried a brief go online but immediately realised that I suck when playing against anyone remotely competent and retreated back to the relative safety of my immediate family and friends...
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    This has me hankering for a new Speedball where you control a single player in the team.
  • I've picked up the steam version, looks interesting.
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • Brief bash on this again last night.  Tried online again - not many people there, so quite a lot of gaps filled with AI bots.  That said, I enjoyed my stint - had one game where I was losing horribly then pulled it back at the last minute.

My main issue is that I've found I play pretty well as a Thief, but haven't really got my head round the other options yet.  Which means if my teammates are also playing as Thief/Ghost setups (and they often are) then more aggressive load-outs destroy us.  The solution, obviously, is to switch to Smash or Blade for round 2 (or use the Stun option), but I'm nowhere near as accomplished with these.  I don't gel with the Sniper at all.  (I suspect it's horribly powerful if you're cunning with it.  I'm not.)
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    The sniper requires pro tier situational awareness. In the right hands (not mine) they could be lethal. The shield bash guys are good fun though, seem easier to hit your opponents with that than the blade.

You deffo need a good mix on your team, although if you made me pick a lopsided team I'd back a team of aggressive smash/blades over a team of all passive abilities.
  • The sniper requires pro tier situational awareness. In the right hands (not mine) they could be lethal. The shield bash guys are good fun though, seem easier to hit your opponents with that than the blade. You deffo need a good mix on your team, although if you made me pick a lopsided team I'd back a team of aggressive smash/blades over a team of all passive abilities.

Definitely.  I played a game last night that seemed to go on forever with me merrily switching lasers left right and centre, but ultimately without any aggressive attacks on the team at all we had no meaningful way of tipping the balance.  Smash is my current preferred aggressive option - combining it with the "brief invincibility on contact" mod means it's amazing for winning those scenarios where you're both running for the same node - you can suddenly slide in, be protected if they beat you to it, and smash them straight into the node you've created in they don't.  If only my old-man-reflexes weren't so damn slow...

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!