Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    I can't recommend KoA: Reckoning enough, even though I never got 'round to finishing it. It's an absolutely superb world to explore. If you can get over the Leprechaun accents -.-
  • screen610.jpg

Looks like TESCO has been 'inspired' by KoA too.  And it looks really bad.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    That's a very pretty hue of blue though.
  • 'Scrolls has never been about admiring pretty hues of blue.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Nope, it's about hording teapots and filling cottages with apples.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    That's a pre-alpha screenshot. It's bound to change. And even if it didn't, I don't see the harm in going for a stylised look -- and one that will enable huge clan warefare at that. If they make the same mistake as Age of Conan and go for ultra realistic aesthetic then we're all fucked as you'll need a self-aware PC sent to you from 3001 to run it.
  • Thanks for the feedback guys, looks ike it will definately be Kingdoms of Amalur!
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • Just catching up on the whole thread so far.

I've stopped Xenoblade for the time being. 30 hours played and fatigue was setting in. The characters weren't interesting enough (Riki was the last straw) and there was just too much stuff to deal with. Fewer quests and items would have actually been preferable.

And Okami is a wonderful game. A slow starter for sure - really slow in fact - but once you get out into the wider world it comes into its own. There's great visual feedback as you progress, bringing the world back to life wherever you go. I don't think any other game has communicated that so perfectly.
  • JonB wrote:
    And Okami is a wonderful game. A slow starter for sure - really slow in fact - but once you get out into the wider world it comes into its own. There's great visual feedback as you progress, bringing the world back to life wherever you go. I don't think any other game has communicated that so perfectly.

Good to hear - roll on the weekend.
  • JonB wrote:
    I don't think any other game has communicated that so perfectly.

It's a pretty fucking simple concept. 

World is dying.

Lacks colour.

Heal world.

Gains colour.
  • What's wrong with simple?
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Facewon wrote:
    What's wrong with simple?

Nothing when used as a gameplay hook. But lets not pretend that a game released seven years ago with a simple artistic hook is somehow still special today.

IMHO!!!!!!!!!!!
  • I dunno, there are some games that have plenty of mechanics that hold up quite well, I played a fair chunk of okami well into 360 life span, and it really was quite lovely.

I'm still great and you still love it.
  • google wrote:
    I don't think any other game has communicated that so perfectly.
    It's a pretty fucking simple concept.  World is dying. Lacks colour. Heal world. Gains colour.
    It's not just about colour though, is it? It's about restoring nature, humanity, life and beauty. You can reduce it to 'heal world' of course, but still that's vaguely original and the way it's done is very effective and perfectly represented by the visuals. There's a harmony between the aesthetic and the content which goes beyond it being just a nice art style.
  • RPG's not swirly dog art.
  • Ok so I've played a couple of hours of KoA so far and I absolutely love it. The combat is refreshingly enjoyable and my twirling discs of flame are possibly my favourite weapon of all time!

I am completely overloaded with quests to complete but I'm enjoying working through them one by one. The game looks gorgeous and handles well. I also like the fact that I seem to be getting lots of money!

Plus, its nice to have a game that gives you xp for completing quests!
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    I also like the fact that I seem to be getting lots of money! Plus, its nice to have a game that gives you xp for completing quests!

I think this is an effort to familiarise people with MMO concepts for the KOA MMO prequel.
  • Speedhaak wrote:
    I also like the fact that I seem to be getting lots of money! Plus, its nice to have a game that gives you xp for completing quests!
    I think this is an effort to familiarise people with MMO concepts for the KOA MMO prequel.

Is this a thing??
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Oh yes.  Was in the works well before the single player game.
    Get schwifty.
  • Christ on a bike.  People want a MMO of this thing too?

Talking of disappointing tripe, I see Risen 2 turned out to be poo too.  Pity cos I quite liked the idea of a Pirate RPG.   Still, Piranha Bytes, those of Gothic infamy, always were a little suspect German outfit.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    I looked at Risen 2. Looked like an effortless pile really.
  • I shall get my fix of pirates through the 'Legend of Dead Kel' content for Kingdoms of Awesome Amalur.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Looks like Final Fantasy XIII-2's final DLC is going to lead into another sequel rather than finish the story - the Japanese trailer uses the phrase 'Next Prologue' and it doesn't look as though it's going to be especially large or expensive compared to the other DLC - it's 400 Microsoft Points in Japan.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    I really wish they wouldn't bother.  They could really do with throwing some extra staff at Versus.  It's only been SIX YEARS since they announced it.
    Get schwifty.
  • Is Kingdom Hearts any good? I like the concept but the later handheld editions look dreadful. What is the combat like?
  • Clunky in the first, slicker in the second.
  • All the Diablo 3 talk has made me have a look at buying Torchlight again (never got round to it last time). However, during my period of procrastination, it's actually come out on XBLA for 1200MSP.

Help please, do I buy it on the Xbox and play it on the comfort of my sofa, ciggie dangling from lips, smoking jacket on, Dry Martini to hand? or PC/Steam where I can actually preorder Torchlight 2 for £15 and get the first game for free but have to play hunched over like a wisened goblin, twisted hand gripped around mouse in a dark corner of my house and miss out on the hectic social maelstrom that is XBL?
  • Torchlight has no co-op and I'm not sure it's worth 1200 MSP.

I got it in a sale for 800, finished it in a day.
  • EvilRedEye wrote:
    Looks like Final Fantasy XIII-2's final DLC is going to lead into another sequel rather than finish the story - the Japanese trailer uses the phrase 'Next Prologue' and it doesn't look as though it's going to be especially large or expensive compared to the other DLC - it's 400 Microsoft Points in Japan.

It's Japanese though isn't it? Everything is worded differently, the names for Sentinel and Ravager are completely different.
    By the sound of it, the next 2 pieces are around Snow and Lightning. I think they're prologue vignettes for the main XIII-2 story.
    Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Oh, I posted on Twitter, it's 'Another Beginning' in English.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!