Destiny 2 - Developed by Bungie
  • I'm just eating now, be on in about 20 mins.
  • All good pal.
  • Chaps, I just discovered that my Amazon Prime sub comes with a free Twitch subscription. I've chucked this to Dan, because not only did he carry me to the Lighthouse, he also puts up with me in Iron Banner as well. More importantly, he's a damn fine bloke.

If any of the Destiny lot also have Amazon Prime, if you aren't using your free Twitch sub I think it would be nice to send it Dans way.
  • Fucker took my 50 quid and never gave it back, he can rot.

Also, Amazon robbed me of my twitch prime. Contacted them over and over, then cancelled prime.
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    Has anyone else had the problem collecting data fragments on Mars and got stuck on 44/45? There's quite a few people reporting it.

Bloomin' frustrating.
  • Iv got 1/45, those people deserve it.
  • Olimite wrote:
    Has anyone else had the problem collecting data fragments on Mars and got stuck on 44/45? There's quite a few people reporting it.

Bloomin' frustrating.

I have all 45...

Is it a bug then? Has it not counted one of them?
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • I saw a thing from Bungie saying they investigated, and everyone who had complained and reported a bug had actually just missed one.

I had missed one very high up in Glacial Drift; found a guide and just went through them all again until
    I found it!
  • Nice. I've leveled my warlock now who hadn't even done Osiris campaign... Just my hunter to go but she is well behind.
  • I done 15 nodes for sleeper simulant, 35 datas for sword. 
    Not doing any more and its shitty data is account wide but nodes aint and dont count on your quest till your at that part. (and so many repeat but dont count)
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    Elmlea wrote:
    I saw a thing from Bungie saying they investigated, and everyone who had complained and reported a bug had actually just missed one.

I had missed one very high up in Glacial Drift; found a guide and just went through them all again until
    I found it!

I will try again at some point but thought I was very thorough checking each one registered before moving on.

Which guide did you use Matty and Elm?
  • Olimite wrote:
    Elmlea wrote:
    I saw a thing from Bungie saying they investigated, and everyone who had complained and reported a bug had actually just missed one. I had missed one very high up in Glacial Drift; found a guide and just went through them all again until I found it!
    I will try again at some point but thought I was very thorough checking each one registered before moving on. Which guide did you use Matty and Elm?

I think I literally googled "Destiny data fragments" or something, and grabbed the first one I found.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Nerds!
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    It’s funny because of all the WoW.
  • Elmlea wrote:
    Olimite wrote:
    Elmlea wrote:
    I saw a thing from Bungie saying they investigated, and everyone who had complained and reported a bug had actually just missed one. I had missed one very high up in Glacial Drift; found a guide and just went through them all again until I found it!
    I will try again at some point but thought I was very thorough checking each one registered before moving on. Which guide did you use Matty and Elm?

I think I literally googled "Destiny data fragments" or something, and grabbed the first one I found.

Yeah I can't remember dude sorry!
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    I used Datto's as his was on PC and it looks stunning on there.
  • Big reveal on Tuesday!

Destiny_2_reveal.0.jpg

Looks Reefy to me, although from what's been said I dont think we'll be getting much about the dlc, more the sandbox stuff . 

Anyway, excite!
    Gamgertag: JRPC
    PSN: Lastability95
  • It’s been a while...
    Super excited for the reveal too, everything from Warmind has gone a long way to make up for the poor release that CoO was.
    PSN: bioTECH
  • Bio!

Good to hear from you.

Yup yup things are certainly on the mend. 

I'm hoping they talk through the weapon slot changes and a smidge about that mysterious new gametype they've been teasing.
    Gamgertag: JRPC
    PSN: Lastability95
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    I appreciate some of the exotic buffs like Lunafaction boots now making your rift a constant auto-reload for everyone like a rallycade alongside the usual. It's still a bit too late for me.
  • Cheers J. Yeah, confirmation of weapon slot changes, take of how randomisation is being brought back and changes to the investment game. If they nail that, we in a good place.

That all said, I’m having too much fun with Warmind. 6 man EP is goooood.
  • Random rolls might see me give up on this.
  • The weapons at the moment are too dull for the most part. You have an archetype along with a few main perks, leading to little true variety. That said, the bigger issue than lack of variety is the lack of dual perks. In D1 all weapons had two main perks that meant (in combination with random rolls) you could get some great synergy with perks. With the majority of D2s weapons having only one perk, there’s none of that. One solution would be to have the weapons curated as they are, but with an empty slot that a mod of your choice could fill.
  • There's plenty of variety for me. I don't need 87000 combinations per gun. With perks and Masterworks, guns can be tweaked slightly, but you always know what an individual gun will be like.

Returning to "Is this any good? Fucked if I know!" would be a very stupid move. They can introduce more variety without going back to the dark days of D1.
  • There is loads of variety. Try fighting lion and the quickdraw handcannon. Try status effect GLs and primary cleanup with a rampage gun. Try double SMG with the titan quickdraw exotic, try sturm.and drang with the sidearm exotic for hunters etc etc. There is a fuckload of variety.

• Gonz, what are you rocking in PvP? I'm liking the Graviton Lance, but looking for another setup to try out.
  • I'm not very consistent with GLance, meta load out I pr fer Vigilance plus Héros burden but that is cos I play only competitive so threat detector is ace. Heavy is the GL with threat detector (play of the game), numbers don't lie and it is a kill machine. I drop far less ammo with it too. Shotgun I use fast firing ones (don't like to drop ammo)

But after my sentinel clutch, when I grabbed tractor cannon for the first time, I have been chasing the cannon high ever since. I took this clip even though it is not neat (should really switch to primary for cleanup but I'm still learning OHK with it (need a wall or immediate melee).

https://youtu.be/GmYcdZo6iLw

In which case I either play double SMG or throw in a pulse or quickdraw handcannon

Fighting lion is ace too, I'm learning that. If I see a hand holding team of four, I immediately go to that. 100 damage plus spray, grenade and teamfire usually wipes all four.
  • I did like Vigilence Wing a while back, will try that out. Just got Tractor Cannon, not used it yet, might take it for a spin.
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    Finished the main campaign for the third and final time last night, just as I hit the level 30 cap.

WTF?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!