Just completed
  • But making toast means getting something to spread on it, which means facing the eternal question of the difference between jam, marmalade and preserve.
  • That's nothing new, mixed citrus only comes as marmalade and ginger only as preserve, so I've been combining for ages (well, since I found the ginger preserve in the jams section). It's just the craziness of these identical things having different names is too much when you're stoned.
  • Done Arkham VR. The graphics are really good for a PSVR game. It's short, but the Riddler stuff that unlocks when you're done stops it from feeling a rip off. At least, at half price, anyway; £15 feels ever so slightly too much.

Glad I bought it, would definitely recommend while it's on sale.

Having no body and a utility belt floating in space is a bit odd, though, and everyone (including Batman) is really short.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Yakuza 6. Would hate to spoil anything but it's the right ending
  • Total Warhammer II

Finally finished my Lizardmen campaign and secured the Vortex. Awesome stuff. Just such a cool spectacle, hugely recommended as a game to really showcase what PC gaming can do best. Just so much to play with in it, not really properly used any of the other main races there, and now I've got the Mortal Empires campaign to dive into. Which race to choose...? o_O
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    SiNKR (PC)

Yet Another Meh Puzzle Game. [5]
  • God of War

No multiple sequel has the right to be this good,

Starts amazing, never lets up. 

I almost want to start again with all my prior knowledge and learn it properly.

Romped through the story ignoring all the side stuff and there’s still masses in there.

Properly emotional. 

10 out of 10 GotY, probably GotG.
    The Forum Herald™
  • They're adding NG+ so you can replay with all your unlocks + knowings.

On reflection it was a solid 8/10 for me. A very strong base to build upon.
  • The production values, characters and attention to detail elevate above that. But whatever,
    The Forum Herald™
  • I’m still playing. Just had yet another wow moment. Combat much more fluid now but enemies also seem a bit easier, not that it’s taking away from how fun it is.

Not sure I can be bothered with NG+ in the end as I’m trying to do all that I possibly can and I have far too many other games to play. But still. Just this one playthrough will be an easy 9 for me.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Awesome, glad you liked it so much @Bob. It really is a very special game, and yeah you’re right - it has no business being that good.
  • Braid
    Played it when it came out and lost a lot of progression and sacked it off. Played through the whole game today with the help of a walk through where necessary but it still stands up as the best puzzle game ever mechanically. Story is superfluous and retro graphic chic has dated but even with having to cheat through some of the puzzles this is a strong candidate for a ten.
    Live, PSN & WiiU: Yippeekiyey
  • Uncharted Lost Legacy. Stunning looking game. Nice double team of Chloe and Nadine. Brilliant bit o fun
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • Fin another game on Snes-mini, which is all I play now because I'm that kewl.

Blazed through SMB2. I'd forgotten how sparse and tricky the level design gets in parts and that there's no world 8! No complaints mind, it's a pure classic that's a little bit odd - in a good way - given that it uses another game's world as a base.

I still don't get that slot machine mini-game either, tried all kinds of different timing approaches and barely won any 1-ups.
  • Subbax wrote:
    What Remains of Edith Finch.

I found it really intense.

9/10.

Agreed. Finished this in 2 sittings, done last night. Absolutely fantastic, genuinely moving and brilliantly put together.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • EarthBound am finished - thank fuck.

Think I may have enjoyed it more if I'd played it on the switch (had it a VC) / a jail-broken handheld. The combat got old quickly, by the end there was far too much of it and I would have preferred tapping away at that part of things during a lull in a film/sports event or something.

It does have its charms in terms of audio-visual design, decent writing and a fairly expansive and imaginatively constructed world that's enjoyable to explore.. most of the time.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Gremill wrote:
    Subbax wrote:
    What Remains of Edith Finch. I found it really intense. 9/10.
    Agreed. Finished this in 2 sittings, done last night. Absolutely fantastic, genuinely moving and brilliantly put together.

I won't play a better game this year.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Not even What Remains of Kratos War?
  • That my friends is GoAT
    The Forum Herald™
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Bollockoff wrote:
    Not even What Remains of Kratos War?

Nope Edith is stronger
  • AER Memories of old.

It was a game I have played.

Breezy.

I'm still great and you still love it.
  • God of War (PS4)

Amazing game. An all time greats and one of the best this gen. Everything is so well put together into an overall great package. So much to do, see and find in such a relatively small area (given how big games tend to be nowadays), testament to great design. The central hub area is particularly well designed and put together.

Combat starts off a bit simple and meh but really picks up as you go along with so many things and moves an weapons and parts etc to unlock. It never stops! Goes from button mashy to really tactical and fun, to making you feel like a badass god.

Exploring is the real joy though. The game manages to do that BotW thing of “oh I wonder what’s over there” and next thing you know you’ve spent hours looking for and finding new areas and things to do.

Level of polish has to get a mention. This game is a looker. I played on Pro and went to performance option. Still dips below 60fps here and there but given the amount of detail and stuff going on, that’s expected.  And the sound design and music are great too. Some great pieces of music. Not enough to make me wanna buy the OST but still great. 

The most surprising thing about the game though is the story and characters. In a fucking GoW game. Seriously. I mean it’s not the best example, I don’t think, but does it well none the less. There were a few moments that made me smile and just sit back and ‘feel’ something. Not what I would expect from a game like this.

Can’t wait for the sequel. 

[9.5]
  • And this is why you should only listen to me, Elf. I know you and I know what you like. One day, when I manage to seduce you, just go with it.
  • Lol you won’t need to try too hard with me ;)
  • Just finished Captain Spirit.
    Great little prologue to Life is Strange 2.
    Well worth a download as it's free.
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • I tried to download that today, but PSN wouldn't even let me see the store page.
  • PSN servers were overloaded no doubt.
    Steam ones are swift though, you could try there if your pc's up for it.
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • It might struggle; GPU's only a 750m. It would mean plugging it in, too.

Seemed like they'd just fucked up, rather than PSN being overloaded.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!