#Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Pokèmon Black and White 2 released today.  Surprised there wasn't a thread already so here's one.  I'm personally not going in on the latest yet, but I have just started Heart Gold.
    Get schwifty.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Pokemon? Isn't that some thing for killing kids?
  • Got that to play too Raz.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • I don't get Pokemon. Should I by now?
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • I quite like that duck, also the weird mammoth/pig from one of the later ones.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Psyduck = best

Also Black 2 should arrive tomorrow.
  • mk64 wrote:
    I don't get Pokemon. Should I by now?

You don't have it or don't get it? Nothing much to the latter. Is an RPG type game with obsessive collecting monsters going on.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • mk64 wrote:

Not sure.  End of the day, its a crediable RPG-lite that is fun to play but if you want to be a world contender in online battles requires some obscene levels of planning, grinding & dedication more so than any other RPG IMO.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    I want to finish White before I invest in another game. Any hints for taking on a dragon-based gym?

Also, if/when I beat White, should I get White 2 or Platinum?
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Ice, ice, ice, ice!

If you have a 'mon with the move ice beam & you have chucked a PPup or PPmax on it, you will NUKE that gym, even if your critter is 7/8 levels off.  Equip a quick claw if your poke is a slow fecker.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    I'm trying to train up that geezer that looks like a snow flake, but he's about 15 levels short at the moment and it's taking aaaages.

Good plan with the PPup/PPmax and quick claw, though, I'll try that.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Give the pokemon exp share or put him first in your order & swap it out with your strongest on EVERY trainer/wild fight you come across if you want to level quicker(there may be an item that doubles exp aswell, cant quite remember atm).  That or if you never plan to go down the online competitive route, use rare candies & pokes/items that aid with finding rare candies & spam those levels.
  • cindemon wrote:
    mk64 wrote:

Not sure.  End of the day, its a crediable RPG-lite that is fun to play but if you want to be a world contender in online battles requires some obscene levels of planning, grinding & dedication more so than any other RPG IMO.

That's not what I wanted to hear
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Thread title's accent is the wrong way 'round.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    cindemon wrote:
    Give the pokemon exp share or put him first in your order & swap it out with your strongest on EVERY trainer/wild fight you come across if you want to level quicker(there may be an item that doubles exp aswell, cant quite remember atm).  That or if you never plan to go down the online competitive route, use rare candies & pokes/items that aid with finding rare candies & spam those levels.

I've put him first, yeah. I'll try out your suggestions; I was racing through Pokemon White until I got to the dragon gym, so it seems a shame to end it now.
  • Right I've been out of the poke scene since gold/silver.
    Can we trade via friend codes or is it still a spam cable affair?
    I was mental for the early games
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    You need to trade codes, but it's a different code to the one on your DS/3DS, iirc.
  • It's not an exact fit but I like to think of the whole Pokeseries, though especially the Gameboy OGs, as a straightman to Earthbound.
  • Also let's resolve this once and for all:

1. "Pockay-mon"
    2. "Poekee-mon"
    3. "Poeker-mon"
    4. "Poekay-mon"

My sense is that #1 is canon (i.e. the syllables from "pocket" and "monster") but #3 the most practical.
  • I say it like 2, I consider 1 to be the American way.

3 and 4 are weird but could be dialogue.

Anyone wait to buy my charizard card (I actually have one)
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    I've always gone with Pokeh-mon.
    Get schwifty.
  • Po-kuh-Mon

Swirl: platinums good but there are a few drawbacks. Firstly it plays slow compared to black. Secondly it has the same story as diamond. The new thing in it (compared to diamond) is not that great. Also its missing al the latest pokes and stuff
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Swirl: platinums good but there are a few drawbacks. Firstly it plays slow compared to black. Secondly it has the same story as diamond. The new thing in it (compared to diamond) is not that great. Also its missing al the latest pokes and stuff

For me it's #4, poe-kay-mon.

How do you mean, slow? Like the game is a grind? I don't mind that it has the same story as Diamond/Pearl, I never played either - Platinum is just the one my Pokemon obsessed friends always go on about as the pinnacle of the series. I also don't mind that it doesn't have all the latest pokemon - going beyond the original 150 was always heresy, IMHO. ;)
  • I mean the battles are a lot slower. Like they spend longer rendering the moves and whatnot. It was quite a big slowdown from the ultra fast battles of the gba games.

if you haven't played dp its deffo the one to go for out of diamond/pearl/platinum. Unless you like game corner because its the first one where the game corner is missing (a minor niggle).
  • I've always said it like pocke-mon, i.e. the respective parts of each word. Hate it when people think they are correcting me, like workers in Game when I ask them about the Game. Fucking retards.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • I say it like 2, I consider 1 to be the American way.

3 and 4 are weird but could be dialogue.

Anyone wait to buy my charizard card (I actually have one)

+1

Interesting point though. A bit like ryu.
  • Elf's fury has won me to his cause.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    There's an accent on the e so it should be pockAYmon, or pockEEmon (as in word stress), Shirley.
  • That's not really in doubt, it's the strength of the accent that splits the voting.
‹ Previous123456788

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!