Brexit: Boris' Big Belgian Bangers
  • Brooks wrote:
    According to the Express this morning Leftists are harassing Mogg, the fuck took you so long guys.

Wasn’t it his children that were being harassed?
  • Cunt should have been sterilised.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Brooks wrote:
    None of these cunts should be able to leave the house without considerable risk. It’s only fair.

To be fair, Rees-Mogg has his hands full with Dennis and Gnasher.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • RedDave2 wrote:
    I'm guessing half of the FTSE wanting it cancelled is merely proof that brexit is the right option for some folk.
    The other half that don't want it cancelled are looking to relocate their headquarters to Frankfurt or Dublin.
  • Head of Bank of England saying a hard exit will lead to a probably drop of 35% in house prices over next few years.
  • djchump wrote:
    RedDave2 wrote:
    I'm guessing half of the FTSE wanting it cancelled is merely proof that brexit is the right option for some folk.
    The other half that don't want it cancelled are looking to relocate their headquarters to Frankfurt or Dublin.

Given what happened just before the wall street crash and the allegations of farage deliberatley underplaying the polling numbers on the referendum night I'll be curious to see what dodgey stock betting is in play to take advantage of a no deal brexit.

The big short 2: brexit means brexit.

SFV - reddave360
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Dinostar77 wrote:
    Head of Bank of England saying a hard exit will lead to a probably drop of 35% in house prices over next few years.

TBF, that’s the only piece of information which makes me kind of want a hard Brexit.
  • Daily Mail comments section has rapidly filled up with people saying it’s great that house prices will come down.

Not one of them has thought about the value of their own house being part of the drop.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Big assumption that they own homes, many do not.
  • They've also not factored in that the pound will be devalued too, so imports will all be more expensive.

Long term, Brexit probably will be good for the UK.

Short term, with no deal will be a disaster.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I doubt it will be good long term, to be honest. I think that the best we can hope for is to get back to where we are now after several decades of lost growth.
  • Yossarian wrote:

Just a flippant way for me to point out that it’s a short-sighted reaction.
  • Yossarian wrote:

Daily Mail.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    I doubt it will be good long term, to be honest. I think that the best we can hope for is to get back to where we are now after several decades of lost growth.

I've heard people say it will be good long term but I'm a bit of a lost to see why. What's really going to change that makes it a better choice than being one of the major powers in a large market bloc other than if the eu collapses and if it does, the damage from that fallout would engulf the .uk anyway.

Just a thing on the house prices - this is only of use if wages go up isn't it? Dublin saw house
    prices drop (my own dropped by 200k and has 9nly recovered 100k) but it didn't really make houses easier to own as credit w q s tight and wages stagnant. It lent itself to vulture funds coming in and buying property on the cheap as well as allowing the cash rich to scalp the market and fortify their holdings. Hence the situation that while Dublin is booming business wise, it's a very hard place to get a place to rent, let alone buy.

SFV - reddave360
  • Dinostar77 wrote:
    Head of Bank of England saying a hard exit will lead to a probably drop of 35% in house prices over next few years.

To be fair that is exactly what he's not saying.
  • RedDave2 wrote:
    … vulture funds coming in and buying property on the cheap as well as allowing the cash rich to scalp the market and fortify their holdings.

Exactly this. Lower house prices when people can’t get mortgages will fuck the country over for decades to come, as the wealthy (both domestic and foreign) buy up property wholesale and widen the wealth gap even further.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    The gap between wages and property prices in London is so insane that anything other than a massive devaluation won’t be enough to bridge it in most people’s lifetimes.
  • poprock wrote:
    … vulture funds coming in and buying property on the cheap as well as allowing the cash rich to scalp the market and fortify their holdings.
    Exactly this. Lower house prices when people can’t get mortgages will fuck the country over for decades to come, as the wealthy (both domestic and foreign) buy up property wholesale and widen the wealth gap even further.

This is the most likely scenario. After Brexit prices of property may go down but expect wages to fall as well and mortgages to skyrocket. Normal folk will still be unable to buy homes. The ones who will profit are the rich who can weather the financial storm. They will grab the oppurtunity to buy property in bulk on the cheap to eventually rent them out for a generous sum. Business opportunities galore if you have the nerves and starting capital to make your move. The people who financed Brexit will be ready as arguably this was their goal all along.....

It's the free for all market some have yearned for for ages.
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • Not sure why you had to leave the eu though, we've had this shit in Ireland for a good while now. Initially if you bought at the height of the boom (like me) people thought that you would be fucked by the crash but in hindsight we were so lucky we got our place when we did because the mortgage payment is well below the Average rent in the area even though despite me and my wife now being on higher wages, we would not be offered the same mortgage deal.

Won't surprise anyone that many Irish ministers are also landlords. Funny old world....
    SFV - reddave360
  • Yossarian wrote:
    The gap between wages and property prices in London is so insane that anything other than a massive devaluation won’t be enough to bridge it in most people’s lifetimes.

Funnily enough, this isn’t just about London.

But you know that.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I do. I’m not actively hoping for a crash, I’m just saying that I can’t really see any other way for London property prices to become remotely sensible in my lifetime.
  • Regulating and taxing the rental market sensibly would be a start and would help the whole UK, not just London.
  • The crash isn't actively going help us though, as prospective buyers, as the banks will probably shit themselves and start asking for larger deposits off the back of fears over job losses resulting from the downturn in the market, future negative equity issues and generally not wanting to expose themselves to any kind of loss.

So all the people who want to buy would probably still get the shaft while all the people who want to buy for an investment are going to get dem fucking bargains my bourgeois dude.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • poprock wrote:
    Regulating and taxing the rental market sensibly would be a start and would help the whole UK, not just London.

This.

Let's get some fucking rent control already.

"Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Aye, we all know who'll make a killing in the upheaval - the amoral rich fucks. 
    And we all know who'll end up paying the social price and tax bills down the line - everyone else, with a special turd on the top for the most vulnerable members of society.
    Same as it ever was with the Tories.
  • Steam: Ruffnekk
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Dinostar77 wrote:

If that's not an incentive for middle England daily mail readers to change their minds I don't know what is.
  • The sad thing about Brexit is it's obviously been financed and instigated by the elite 1% with support from Bannon in the west and Putin in the east: all to troll and destabilise the democratic process in the UK. Yet, the ruling parties ignore all evidence as if nothing has happened; they just carry on dilligently like hamsters on a wheel. The lack of leadership is just pathetic even though I do applaud May trying to stand up against Putin with the novichok poisonings.

Sadly that won't be enough to save the country from itself.  Someone needs to stand up and tell shit like it is, the future of the state depends on it.
    Steam: Ruffnekk
  • Hunk, i dont see how its financed and instigated by the 1% elite, when continued EU membership would be in the interests of the 1%.

Brexit is happens soley on the grounds of immigration. That was the decisive factor for leavers and the leave campaign. Unfortunately the Remains did an awful job of countering their arguments.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!