PlayStation Classic - launching December 2018
‹ Previous123456710
  • Definitely getting one of these!

Introducing PlayStation Classic, with 20 Pre-Loaded Games

taf7fuum.jpg

Featuring Final Fantasy VII, Tekken 3, Wild Arms and 17 other legendary titles, the new mini-console launches December 3 at an MSRP of $99.99.

Almost 25 years ago, the original PlayStation was introduced to the world. Developed by Sony Computer Entertainment, it was the first home console in video game history to ship 100 million units worldwide, offering consumers a chance to play games with real-time 3D rendered graphics in their homes for the first time.

Today, we are excited to announce that we are bringing back the original PlayStation experience in a new miniaturized version – PlayStation Classic! The console will come pre-loaded with 20 classic titles, including fan-favorites such as Final Fantasy VII, Jumping Flash, Ridge Racer Type 4, Tekken 3, and Wild Arms.

lozbr25f.jpg

The mini console is approximately 45% smaller than the original PlayStation, and it emulates the original’s look and feel by featuring similar controllers and packaging. Long-time fans will appreciate the nostalgia that comes with rediscovering the games they know and love, while gamers who might be new to the platform can enjoy the groundbreaking PlayStation console experience that started it all. All of the pre-loaded games will be playable in their original format.

Available for pre-order at select retailers across the US and CAN, each unit will also come with an HDMI cable to connect to their TV, a USB cable, and two controllers for local multiplayer within compatible titles. PlayStation Classic will be available for $99.99 USD (MSRP) / $129.99 CAN (MSRP) on December 3, 2018 – a historic date for all of us at PlayStation.

Visit PlayStation.com for more details on regional availability, and stay tuned to the Blog for the full lineup of titles coming to PlayStation Classic. There are more fan favorites, and we can’t wait to share more details in the coming months.

PlayStation Classic

What are your favorite original PlayStation memories? Share in the comments below!

*AC adaptor sold separately
    Let's go exploring....
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Cool but that price point is well fucked up. That'll be £90 here
  • Plus you’ll be able to get one second hand for peanuts a few months down the line.

But hand sweat in controller grooves. Mmmmm.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    Cool but that price point is well fucked up. That'll be £90 here

What was the SNES mini in comparison?

Let's go exploring....
  • Pick 20 games you'd have on your ideal PS Mini you say?  Righto, compiling list now.
    You have minecraft?
  • Stopharage wrote:
    £69.99

That seems more reasonable but Sony gotta Sony.

Let's go exploring....
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Pick 20 games you'd have on your ideal PS Mini you say?  Righto, compiling list now.

Mine is gonna be genero as fuck but I'll do it
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Olimite wrote:
    Stopharage wrote:
    £69.99

That seems more reasonable but Sony gotta Sony.

I still begrudged that. Got it for 59.99 at Smyths

• regmcfly wrote:
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Pick 20 games you'd have on your ideal PS Mini you say?  Righto, compiling list now.

Mine is gonna be genero as fuck but I'll do it

LISTS
    3DS friend code - 4725-7938-9169
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Are they going to get a hd makeover? Otherwise they'll all just look like shit. And they'll probably play like shit anyway. Nostalgia be damned, never go back.
  • Metal Gear Solid
    Final Fantasy VII
    Final Fantasy VIII
    Die Hard Trilogy
    Vigilante 8
    Driver
    Gran Turismo 2
    GTA
    GTA London
    GTA 2
    Resident Evil 2
    Chrono Trigger
    Parappa The Rapper
    Suikodon 2
    Silent Hill
    Tony Hawks Pro Skater 2

all I can think of right now

3DS friend code - 4725-7938-9169
  • Probably forgetting loads, but for me it'd be something like:

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater
    Worms Armageddon
    Everybody's Golf 2
    Overboard!
    Bust a Move 2
    Metal Gear Solid
    ISS Pro '98
    Final Fantasy VII
    Tomb Raider
    Motorhead
    Resident Evil 2
    Wipeout 2097
    Mr. Driller
    Nuclear Strike
    Micro Machines V3
    Broken Sword 2
    Gran Turismo
    Bishi Bashi Special
    Jumping Flash
    International Track & Field
    You have minecraft?
  • The trouble with this is I still have my ps one and loads of games.. it’s a bit too soon and the psone was too popular 

I’m guessing it won’t be anyone’s top twenty games either.
    Feets, Don't fail me now!
  • Chick in Vagrant Story, the Suikoden games, and other RPGs like Dragon Quest VII, and I’m in.
    "But enough talk. HAVE AT YOU!"
  • Looks cute.

Hopefully is as expandable as the snes mini is and you can basically put what you want in there.

Although I don't think I'd want to play the original versions of things like ff. The PC version of IX has a bunch of features to speed up the grind and tone down the random encounters that I'd definitely miss.
  • I've dabbled with PS games in the past couple of years, working through a stack of 50 or so discs with a couple of mates (inc @retroking1981).  It's not an era that suits much more than a fleeting nostalgia wallop imo.  Great at the time, but 3D experiences have been so refined plenty of games are a chore to play.  Save states would help a lot, which I assume will be supported here.  Good luck having the patience for something like Tomb Raider without them.
    You have minecraft?
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Seems a bit suspicious they're announcing it without the full games list. Bit of a shame it's only the basic controller too, although with the right game selection I guess it won't matter so much. I'd probably wait for a discount or eBay code if it's £100.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    I've dabbled with PS games in the past couple of years, working through a stack of 50 or so discs with a couple of mates (inc @retroking1981).  It's not an era that suits much more than a fleeting nostalgia wallop imo.  Great at the time, but 3D experiences have been so refined plenty of games are a chore to play.  Save states would help a lot, which I assume will be supported here.  Good luck having the patience for something like Tomb Raider without them.

You're probably right. I'd probably just be getting one to have and maybe that's not even worth it.

I'll just end up filling my apartment up with tiny plastic consoles
  • Life's too short and the pile too high for this.
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • This is pretty damn cool. A fast tekken volley ball machine is what I’ve been asking for for years.

Hopefully it gets MGS.
  • Also this is the first of these which is 3d based so it’ll be good to see if they can do some upscaling like you can on some of the n64 virtual console games.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Imagine if Nintendo announce an N64 Classic for Christmas as well and we end up with console wars all over again.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Annnnnnd that's Christmas folks
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Can you use a normal pad?
  • Is this the ps4 bc add on?
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    This is probably the console generation that I have least interest in revisiting. Early attempts at 3D have generally not aged well. Hard pass from me.
  • Soft pass from me.  If we were discussing a Saturn mini I'd sign up to Facebook to count the sleeps.
    You have minecraft?
  • Ridge Racer 4 is good choice though but doesn't really fit without analog sticks. Wipeout 2097 better be on there.

But a lot of them will look very, very rough. Early 3d is ugly.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Yep, Saturn mini would certainly tempt me.
  • Saturn with all shmups and vs fighters. Heaven.
    "But enough talk. HAVE AT YOU!"
‹ Previous123456710

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!