ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    You don't remember mini cds, like gamecube discs but before gamecube, and you couldn't fit 74minutes on them
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • cockbeard wrote:
    You don't remember mini cds, like gamecube discs but before gamecube, and you couldn't fit 74minutes on them

They still need a CD drive!
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    USB port and MP3 player would cover it, TBF.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    For £100 or whatever ot costs I recon they can afford a cd player
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    You'll have to wait for a FPGA PlayStation clone for VibRibbon I think. Apparently current FPGA tech can just about do the PlayStation without prohibitive cost but nothing else from that gen.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Surely a thumbdrive into controller port 2 would suffice

All this being said I'm not sure if I was restricted to 20 games I'd choose ViBRibbon, but dayum, that bunny's fun
  • cockbeard wrote:
    No VibRibbon

Shoutout to the VibRibbon crew.

o/
  • That list is a mix of system defining greats (rr type 4, tekken, MGS, ff7), nonsensical decisions (resident Evil dual shock edition) and obvious substitutes for licensing issues.

Puzzle games are a welcome inclusion and they picked some good ones.

Really disappointed not to see a wipeout, rtype delta, overboard or klonoa.

Or the t Rex demo.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Where's Driver?

Is that another like Wipeout/GT that would have licensing issues?

Tomb Raider and Crash are odd exclusions despite the latter's recent re-release probably bein the reason.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Driver's probably being saved for the Dual Shock PSOne Mini.
  • Ace Combat 2 is missing too. That'll be on the dual analog version with scart output.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Wipeout2097/3 and Gran Turismo 2 are sadly missing. Resident evil 2 should've been there as well instead of RE1. Otherwise, decent list?
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    JPN version has Gradius Gaiden (magnificent game - best in the series - surpasses even the mighty Gradius V on PS2) and G-Darius.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • davyK wrote:
    JPN version has Gradius Gaiden (magnificent game - best in the series - surpasses even the mighty Gradius V on PS2) and G-Darius.
    Better than gradius v!
    Will a jpn version work over here?
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    You can get it working with a chipped PS1 - I have it running using a boot disc.

It's 16bit graphical-eriffic looking, incorporates some fake 3D effects while remaining 2D, and choc-full of ideas. Give it a look on youtube.

Think it's on PSP too.
  • Any idea if it'll work on a PSP modded with the standard firmware? Either the PSP or PS1 version.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Nope - not a PSP head unfortunately.

It was released on PSP as part of the Gradius Collection in all regions inc. Europe - not sure if that is significant.
  • It means I can just grab that and it'll definitely run, so yeah. Thanks.

The PSP version isn't worse than the original or anything, is it?
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    No idea. Given they are just hori-2D shmups I can't imagine them being bad on a PSP....

Given you get 1,2,3 , Gaiden and 4 it's hard to wrong. G1 & 2 and still stupendous games too.

The series lost its way a bit with 3 and 4 which are cripplingly cruel and hard.  V was a return to form but many still say the series peaked at Gaiden.
  • Cool, I'll stick it in the memory card next time I've got it out. I suck a little at shmups, but it's a genre I'm missing on there without firing up the SNES emu.
  • Gradius collection is the bomb.

It's one of a handful of games I put on the PSP memory stick last week but I've still not been able to pull myself away from the near flawless Out Run 2.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Might have to grab Outrun 2 off you if that's cool. Never played the PSP version. In fact I think I've only played one PSP game properly - Ultimate GnG
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    @AJ  - Gradius games, even the better balanced ones, aren't easy. So be aware of that.  These are the arcade versions too (apart from Gaiden which was a PS1 exclusive) so they will be merciless.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Might have to grab Outrun 2 off you if that's cool. Never played the PSP version. In fact I think I've only played one PSP game properly - Ultimate GnG

I got a ton of PSP games, I'll sort you out.

オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Wheres Mikes list for the next time some cunt says the psp has no games? Was that on Maroon?
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    What's GnG like on PSP? Always fancied that one.  Never had a handheld but would consider a PSP with a few select games like Parodius Collection etc.
  • I didn't like it at first as it requires searching the stages for keys to finish properly, which means numerous playthroughs rather than the standard two. Once I gave up complaining about it I realised the whole thing is mostly excellent.
  • It's fantastic, but unfortunately never saw a digital release, otherwise I'd own it on Vita.

Is Vita modding at a place where custom firmware can legit connect to PSN?

Would consider modding mine once PS+ support ends.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Wheres Mikes list for the next time some cunt says the psp has no games? Was that on Maroon?

Yes it was, the games indexes there were pretty good. I was looking for similar the other day, found this though. Also I posted a long list more recently in the emulations fred, though there are definitely gems that aren't on that list as there's stuff I couldn't find
  • There's a blast from the past! Think I lost my excel tally form that Elf set up for me to collate all those top tens. It would be good to rerun it again and see what changes.
    Live, PSN & WiiU: Yippeekiyey

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!