The meal of all meals
‹ Previous123456
  • Money is no object, you get a three course meal and two drinks to go with it. Has to be; starter, main and dessert (not two starters and a main for instance). You can mix cuisines across courses. Drinks can be at any time, alcoholic or not. You can be specific with how it's cooked. 

What are you going for?
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    All the sushis.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Starter :creamy sea food chowder, some wheaten bread artfully prepared on the side.
    Main : leg of lamb (pink), mashed and roast potatoes, asparagus, broccoli, carrots, mint sauce on side, gravy/jus - whatever must be so dark that light cannot bounce off it.
    Dessert : industrial strength chocolate cake with blob of cream on the side.

A hearty red with the Main
    A ball busting black fresh ground coffee with the dessert.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • mk64 wrote:
    Money is no object, you get a three course meal and two drinks to go with it. Has to be; starter, main and dessert (not two starters and a main for instance). You can mix cuisines across courses. Drinks can be at any time, alcoholic or not. You can be specific with how it's cooked.

What are you going for?

A massive shit afterwards.
  • Ah come on let’s not derail this shit before it’s out of the caterpillar stage.
  • Several flagons of Romanée-Conti, steak tartare using some kind of cow grown by extreme cow-growing nerds. Starters and puddings can be lived without.
  • Scallops with lobster ravioli, steak and braised cheek pickled mushroom, spinach and honey roasted carrots, sorbet, passion fruit or raspberry, chocolate ganache. Whisky sour, Sancerre, Margaux, single malt, espresso.
  • Burger King.

I don't get it.
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Starter: Beer-battered halloumi with baby spinach leaves and a plum chutney.
    Main: Tarka dal with saag aloo and wild rice, served with a Peshwari Naan
    Dessert: Cheese platter with a variety of crackers.
    Drinks: A couple of pints of Wainwright's. And an Ardbeg chaser.

Damn it, I'm hungry now.
    Mostly an idiot. Live: thedarthjim / Instagram: mrjalco / Twitter: @MrJalco
  • Never had battered halloumi.
  • It's good. Batter has to be light though, or it kills it.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    All day breakfast, all day.
  • FranticPea wrote:
    All day breakfast, all day.

That's a fine shout. With a couple of proper builder's brews.

Breakfast food is always best food.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Salmorejo to start, then murgh makhani, cheesecake for dessert. A trappist beer like Chimay.
  • Starter:
    Filipino style adobo chicken wings from Yuu Kitchen

Main:
    Gumbo, dirty rice and cornbread

Dessert:
    A big slice of my mum's pear and honey cake with two scoops of the best vanilla ice cream.

Drinks:
    2 pints of Moretti
  • Jaco wrote:
    Starter: Beer-battered halloumi with baby spinach leaves and a plum chutney. Main: Tarka dal with saag aloo and wild rice, served with a Peshwari Naan Dessert: Cheese platter with a variety of crackers. Drinks: A couple of pints of Wainwright's. And an Ardbeg chaser. Damn it, I'm hungry now.

Yas! Just give me 10 peshwari naan.
  • You only need one naan. Trust me.

(Yeah, order ten. Each.)
  • Starter:  Scallops.  Pan fried and served with a pistachio, mango and mint dressing.
    Main Course:  Wagyu Beef Rump Steak served blue with a morel mushroom sauce and chips
    Dessert:  Lemon Tart with a raspberry couli

Drinks:  Port cask aged Belgian quadrupel
               Bruichladdich Black Art v4

Full disclosure - I worked for nearly 20 years as a chef and that top one was a dish of my own creation.  It walked out the door and the owner loved the mark up.  It is only really appropriate as a summer dish though.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Starter would be soup, I love soup. It would also mean that I've burned my mouth and won't really taste anything after.

Main would be either a steak, because I can never get them right or a whole fish, but only if it's served like B had that one time in France. Garcon bringing the fish had it on a big plate and he wheeled that in, showing B the fish, then skilfully getting rid of the head, tail and bones and served B only the part that you'd actually eat.

Dessert: cheesecake. Easy.

There needs to be ravioli somewhere too. And eggplant like I had in Barcelona. Very lightly fried (it give it a slightly crunchy crust, wasn't soaked in fat) and drizzled with honey.

Probably an espresso and a whisky. But since it's December now I could also go for eggnog.
  • Also, now I know what to have served for your last meals. Which is nice.
  • I'd basically let a Don Mexican and/or Columbian restaurant hit. Me up with their best work for starters and mains.

Cheesecake to finish.

Lemon lime and bitters or some other nice bar made soft drink thing.

I'm still great and you still love it.
  • None of you are taking the money-no-object condition srsly.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    There isn't much that I'd bother with that costs so much, not into it. Maybe some kobe beef.
  • I think whatever DS says will be the answer.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • A £20k bottle of wine is very similar to a £1k bottle.
  • Soul is more important than money to me.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Actually, I would have some stupidly expensive whisky with all the sushis. A 70-year old Scotch or something.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Dead easy

Mozzarella sticks

Polpettone

Sorbet

Loads of whiskey
  • Brooks wrote:
    None of you are taking the money-no-object condition srsly.

Have you seen how much Burger King costs these days?
‹ Previous123456

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!